LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out our new HYPERBOREA 3E Kickstarter!





You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/28/2021 8:00 pm  #4461


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin has never shied away from a fight even when the odds are lopsided against him...he knows what comes next as he tightens the strap on his helm and shield. He takes off down the other side of the crest in a straight line for the men and their canoe.

As he gets closer to the beastmen he picks up speed and starts swinging the axe in an arc hoping to catch as many of these foul creatures as he can hoping to buy the three men some time.

Almost upon them Votin lets out a horrendous battle cry, "KREEEGAAAAH!"

edited for puncuation
 

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (7/28/2021 8:04 pm)

 

7/28/2021 8:07 pm  #4462


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

At last Kondor gets all of the gear spread into the three canoes.

Suddenly there is another zap and a spherical blast of energy blows a 3 inch hole in the center canoe's bow, the wood smoldering and sparking!


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/28/2021 8:24 pm  #4463


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin has never shied away from a fight even when the odds are lopsided against him...he knows what comes next as he tightens the strap on his helm and shield. He takes off down the other side of the crest in a straight line for the men and their canoe.

As he gets closer to the beastmen he picks up speed and starts swinging the axe in an arc hoping to catch as many of these foul creatures as he can hoping to buy the three men some time.

Almost upon them Votin lets out a horrendous battle cry, "KREEEGAAAAH!"

edited for puncuation
 

Votin careens down the hillside and immediately breaks through a pair of battling beastmen. 
[Votin roll initiative, attack and damage please]


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/28/2021 8:49 pm  #4464


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Votin careens down the hillside and immediately breaks through a pair of battling beastmen. 
[Votin roll initiative, attack and damage please]

Initiative 1d6=1
To attack 1d20+1=8
Damage 1d8+2=6


 

 

7/28/2021 9:10 pm  #4465


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin bursts through the first pair, swinging wildly and missing both beasts!

The savage beastman ducks just under the swishing blade. giving the regal beastman an opening...
13! to knock Votin in the back for [- 1HP] , sending the barbarian cascading down the hillside and coming to stop at the feet of another pair of battling beastmen.


[End of round.]
[State intentions, initiatives, attacks, damage etc. most of you know the drill]
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/28/2021 9:23 pm  #4466


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak hefts his war pick, if he has it, and begins helping the party ready the canoes for launch. 

"We must put these slobbering beast men behind, once and for all!" he cries. 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

7/28/2021 9:24 pm  #4467


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OCC: Welcome aboard, Votin! 
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

7/28/2021 9:27 pm  #4468


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak hefts his war pick, if he has it, and begins helping the party ready the canoes for launch. 

"We must put these slobbering beast men behind, once and for all!" he cries. 

The canoes are loaded, the war pick must be underneath some of the strewn disorganized gear in one of the canoes.
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/28/2021 9:41 pm  #4469


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

OCC: Welcome aboard, Votin! 
 

OOC: Thanks, if my pc lives that long!
 

 

7/28/2021 9:53 pm  #4470


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin will attempt to attack if possible and then move or pick himself up and then attack, whichever is allowable.

Or any other combination.

Initiative 1d6= 6!
Attack 1d20+1= 19!
Damage 1d8+2= 10!

OOC:Edit...Expanded dice rolls, these will probably never happen again.

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (7/29/2021 7:58 am)

 

7/29/2021 12:03 am  #4471


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

1d6- 5!

Gundrabu stands up from his backwards crawl, clambers into a canoe, and looks for a paddle to push off with and start paddling.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/29/2021 12:42 pm  #4472


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

At last Kondor gets all of the gear spread into the three canoes.

Suddenly there is another zap and a spherical blast of energy blows a 3 inch hole in the center canoe's bow, the wood smoldering and sparking!

Is it in the bow enough that the canoe will sink if we go in it?

 

7/29/2021 12:48 pm  #4473


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

At last Kondor gets all of the gear spread into the three canoes.

Suddenly there is another zap and a spherical blast of energy blows a 3 inch hole in the center canoe's bow, the wood smoldering and sparking!

Is it in the bow enough that the canoe will sink if we go in it?

Once loaded with gear and body weight , might be very close to the water line...
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/29/2021 12:49 pm  #4474


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I think the referee should roll 1d3 to determine into which canoe Gundrabu clambers.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/29/2021 12:51 pm  #4475


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

I think the referee should roll 1d3 to determine into which canoe Gundrabu clambers.

Was rolled immediately...;)


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/29/2021 12:52 pm  #4476


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[rubs hands together and cackles...]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/29/2021 12:52 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/29/2021 12:55 pm  #4477


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

But I have to go in initiative order, so waiting on Kondor and Tillak moves


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/29/2021 7:59 pm  #4478


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

initiative d6:  6!

If we're not sure about the canoes, Kondor puts on his chainmail and then his pants, keeping an eye on the beastmen. 

 

7/29/2021 8:10 pm  #4479


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

initiative d6:  6!

If we're not sure about the canoes, Kondor puts on his chainmail and then his pants, keeping an eye on the beastmen. 

no problem, let me look up donning time.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/29/2021 8:25 pm  #4480


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

=9ptLight armour requires about 1–3 minutes (6–18 rounds) to don=9ptmedium armour about 1–6 minutes (6–36 rounds); and heavy armour 10 minutes (1 turn) or more.
 

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/29/2021 8:26 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.