LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out our new HYPERBOREA 3E Kickstarter!





You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/24/2021 7:28 pm  #4441


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak looks out across the marsh, in wonder. Has Y'thaq'ua come to take him at last? It has become so cold.
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

7/24/2021 7:49 pm  #4442


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Closer Tillak comes to the strange figure. The warrior finally turns to see the esquimeaux. His eyes pierce through Tillak, a strange blue geometry tattooed over one eye glows.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/25/2021 1:18 am  #4443


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Ooc:  Waitaminute!

IC:  Kondor searches through the belongings to see if the Jackalope's paw is still there. If he finds it, he rubs the paw upon Tillak, then upon himself.

 

7/25/2021 10:50 am  #4444


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Ooc:  Waitaminute!

IC:  Kondor searches through the belongings to see if the Jackalope's paw is still there. If he finds it, he rubs the paw upon Tillak, then upon himself.

Kondor drops Tillak to the wet ground between the beached canoes and the pile of their gear. Desperately he searches through the pile and finds his pack, though it's been rifled through, its contents dumped upon the mound. But there amidst the mess is the PAW! 

He grabs it and rubs it across the giant lump on Tillak's swollen forehead! Then across his own chest!


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/25/2021 1:26 pm  #4445


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Woohoo!  I guess I roll for healing? It's 1d8, right?

 

7/25/2021 1:34 pm  #4446


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Woohoo!  I guess I roll for healing? It's 1d8, right?

The strange warlock begins to open his mouth to speak, but Tillak feels a sudden reversing suck of the undertow and is ripped away, at a great rush, back out to sea and engulfed by a giant roaring ....

lap of water at his face. He awakens, his face in mud, Kondor standing over him rubbing himself with a rabbit's shorn foot, the heavy thuds of clubs on flesh all around. 

[Tillak +2HP]


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/25/2021 1:35 pm  #4447


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Woohoo!  I guess I roll for healing? It's 1d8, right?

Kondor continues to rub the paw over his wounds, but nothing more happens.
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/25/2021 1:36 pm  #4448


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[Kondor +300XP]


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/25/2021 4:02 pm  #4449


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak raises his head and tries to bring himself to his feet, looking towards the canoe. If his shield is within reach, then he grabs it. He looks from left to right for his companions.

"These treacherous creatures will overtake us soon if we stay here much longer! Gundrabu! Kondor! Come! We must get away!"

The memory of the wild eyed warrior with the tattoo burns in his mind. Was it a dream? The beckoning of the afterlife, the Happy Hunting Grounds? He must speak to his companions of this as soon as possible.
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

7/25/2021 4:24 pm  #4450


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak raises his head and tries to bring himself to his feet, looking towards the canoe. If his shield is within reach, then he grabs it. He looks from left to right for his companions.

"These treacherous creatures will overtake us soon if we stay here much longer! Gundrabu! Kondor! Come! We must get away!"

The memory of the wild eyed warrior with the tattoo burns in his mind. Was it a dream? The beckoning of the afterlife, the Happy Hunting Grounds? He must speak to his companions of this as soon as possible.
 

Hold this thought for a sec, need to get a roll from Gundrabu. He's a round behind back where Kondor saved your ass!
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/25/2021 5:29 pm  #4451


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Woohoo!  I guess I roll for healing? It's 1d8, right?

Kondor continues to rub the paw over his wounds, but nothing more happens.
 

Aww man.

Starts putting boats in water, loading with gear, gtfo of there!!!

 

7/25/2021 5:41 pm  #4452


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Woohoo!  I guess I roll for healing? It's 1d8, right?

Kondor continues to rub the paw over his wounds, but nothing more happens.
 

Aww man.

Starts putting boats in water, loading with gear, gtfo of there!!!

I assume loading boats with gear before launching. But hold that thought, the cleric is one turn behind you guys. Waiting on a roll.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/25/2021 8:58 pm  #4453


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

d12- 9!


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/26/2021 3:51 pm  #4454


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

d12- 9!

The hand shaped crystal weapon glows white hot in the beastman's hand as his finger squeezes a trigger.  With a zap a spherical spark of energy explodes out of its end, colliding with the mud very near Gundrabu's backpedalling form!


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/27/2021 6:03 pm  #4455


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

“Khalk-xu conserve me! That was close!”

Gundrabu backpedals with more alacrity to get to the canoes.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/27/2021 6:13 pm  #4456


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

With Gundrabu making that roll, Kondor loads up the canoes before putting them in the water.

 

7/28/2021 8:55 am  #4457


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor haphazardly loads gear into the 3 canoes. Tillak grabs his shield as the cleric crawls in. The wail of battle ebbs around the clearing and it appears the savage beastmen might be gaining the upperhand.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/28/2021 7:17 pm  #4458


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Your nomad family went out hunting/gathering 12 years ago and never returned, the elders left in charge died soon after.

Your sisters were recently taken by talking beastmen in the night. You have tracked them for 6 months.

The path has led to this ridge.

Hyperborea's sick sun struggles in this year of Mammoth. Today is unseasonably warm.

And recent rains show the few tracks become many at the base of the crest before you.

You hear sounds of skirmish over the crest.

Votin runs up to the top of the crest and then peers cautiously down.

https://i.ibb.co/f2gZPp0/Barbarian.jpg

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (7/28/2021 7:18 pm)

 

7/28/2021 7:25 pm  #4459


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin stands on the hillcrest. Below, in the clearing a scene of carnage as beastman fights beastman, clubs bash skulls and blood flows free.
A fire burns beneath 3 empty spits near the small creek that runs between this hill and the next.

He sees no sign of his kin -  but there are three naked men boarding canoes at the creek.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/28/2021 7:58 pm  #4460


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor haphazardly loads gear into the 3 canoes. Tillak grabs his shield as the cleric crawls in. The wail of battle ebbs around the clearing and it appears the savage beastmen might be gaining the upperhand.

Kondor thinks they're all jerks, so he's going to get in the canoes and get away from there, then stop somewhere nearby - get into his clothes & armour - then either get out of here forever, or return at full strength to slay the beastmen.

"Gundrabu, let's get Tillak and get out of here," Kondor says, helping the cleric ready the canoes before putting them in the water.

 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.