!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2021 4:48 pm  #4401

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Sounds good!

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

7/14/2021 4:52 pm  #4402

Eirvit wrote:

Sounds good!

Ok, attack his attackers on phase 2 or drag him back?

7/14/2021 4:58 pm  #4403

Sorry. I read too fast and thought I had to wait a Round. I will ATTACK!

D20 - 16 (-1 Strength) = 15!

(But I know, I know, wait for Kondor’s initiative.)

7/14/2021 5:22 pm  #4404

Eirvit wrote:

Sorry. I read too fast and thought I had to wait a Round. I will ATTACK!

D20 - 16 (-1 Strength) = 15!

(But I know, I know, wait for Kondor’s initiative.)

Just so I understand the cleric's move, because it seems something may have changed...

Phase1:
He will pick up the crystal weapon and run to the fallen warlock.
Phase 2:
He will attack the 2 battling beastmen with ...the crystal weapon?

or has something changed?

7/14/2021 6:43 pm  #4405

Yes! Perhaps the scene keeps reframing, and it’s because of my poor, hasty reading comprehension.

What I believe is that Tillak is down and unconscious, struck by a beastman club.

What I had thought was that he had been willingly attacked by another and that now he is in peril. But now I believe that he was struck unintentionally.

If I can change my action then, I would like to change all of it. Gundrabu simply will creep back and try to drag Tillak to the canoes.

7/14/2021 7:20 pm  #4406

Eirvit wrote:

Yes! Perhaps the scene keeps reframing, and it’s because of my poor, hasty reading comprehension.

What I believe is that Tillak is down and unconscious, struck by a beastman club.

What I had thought was that he had been willingly attacked by another and that now he is in peril. But now I believe that he was struck unintentionally.

If I can change my action then, I would like to change all of it. Gundrabu simply will creep back and try to drag Tillak to the canoes.

Now you've got it! and now I know what the Cleric will do. Just be carefully there are 2 fights going on. And Kondor is now in the middle of them as well.

7/14/2021 7:22 pm  #4407

Ok then, Tillak is out cold so just need to know about Kondor:

He holds spit, standing near fallen Warlock.
Between 2 pairs of warring beastmen.
20 yards from canoes/gear pile/weapons cache.

7/15/2021 2:29 am  #4408

Can Kondor avoid the fighting beast men, or are they paying attention to him?

If he can rush by to the stuff, he will do so. Grab the Jackalope's paw, use it.

Initiative:  3!

7/15/2021 3:23 am  #4409

How many rounds until I am awake? 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/15/2021 5:22 pm  #4410

SullyB74 wrote:

How many rounds until I am awake? 

Tillak has been knocked out.

"Once a character reaches 0 hp, he is unconscious. Spirits (brandy, gin, rum, whiskey, etc.) can revive a man to consciousness, allowing him to talk and move slowly, but he cannot fight or cast spells."

Without, he will be out for [rolling for natural healing] 4 turns--- but again, would need 6-8 hours of rest to gain 1 HP.

7/16/2021 1:12 pm  #4411

So can Kondor run to the pile of stuff, or does he risk being hit by the beast men who are fighting each other?

I only attacked last round because I thought they were attacking us. I just want to be clear so I don't die.

7/16/2021 4:24 pm  #4412

fireinthedust wrote:

So can Kondor run to the pile of stuff, or does he risk being hit by the beast men who are fighting each other?

I only attacked last round because I thought they were attacking us. I just want to be clear so I don't die.

Kondor is very near a pair of battling beastmen, one of which just knocked your pal old cold with a wild swing.
My guess is he is now aware of the presence of others.

Kondor will also need to make it past a second pair of battling beastmen to get to the canoes. The cleric did so but was injured.

The original smart ass beastman who was chasing you in the first place, is now engaged in his own battle back where Tillak shoved him.

Cleric is at the weapons pile.
Tillak is at your feet.
The Rabbit's foot is not visible on the top of either of the piles.

Also, there are dozens of battling beastmen all around the clearing and on the hills on both sides of the stream, I'm just letting you know what's between you and the canoes.

I hope that sets the scene.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/16/2021 4:26 pm)

7/17/2021 3:31 pm  #4413

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor is very near a pair of battling beastmen, one of which just knocked your pal old cold with a wild swing.
My guess is he is now aware of the presence of others.

Kondor will also need to make it past a second pair of battling beastmen to get to the canoes. The cleric did so but was injured.

The original smart ass beastman who was chasing you in the first place, is now engaged in his own battle back where Tillak shoved him.

Cleric is at the weapons pile.
Tillak is at your feet.
The Rabbit's foot is not visible on the top of either of the piles.

Also, there are dozens of battling beastmen all around the clearing and on the hills on both sides of the stream, I'm just letting you know what's between you and the canoes.

I hope that sets the scene.

Until he gets a few more HP, grabbing Tillak is risky. I think we've got a few rounds, so I'll see if he can get help and then get his companion.

Can Kondor get around the fighting beastmen, or are we in a tunnel situation? If we were on a battle mat with minis I would 100% be counting squares at this point. 

7/17/2021 5:48 pm  #4414

7/17/2021 9:51 pm  #4415

Okay great!

Kondor steps backward over Tillak, away from the fight, and then picks up Tillak and puts him over his shoulder.

Then he's going to zigzag around the fights to Gundrabu, where he's going to drop the warlock at the cleric's feet, and hope that his Jackalope's paw will be within sight.

Ideally, Gundrabu will get the canoes ready while Kondor covers them. If his sword is right there, he'll be able to fight better than with the spit, so he's going to grab it first if the Jackalope's paw is hidden.

7/18/2021 2:34 am  #4416

OOC: This is nail biting! 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/18/2021 11:27 am  #4417

SullyB74 wrote:

Yup! Especially because our GM will let the dice fall where they may. All PCs can party wipe if that's how things play out, based on dice. I go with it because, painful as it is to lose a character, there's integrity in that risk/honesty of rolls. If I wanted to be pandered to, I'd go with a GM who did that (whatever the system). I want to win, but I want to know that it wasn't a fake win because of pity. A good scenario, and the GM is giving us clues to figure out? As long as we've got agency and a chance, as 'he who remains' says, "that's the gambit".

But if Iron Ranger has a sudden heart attack and dies before we get to the end of this, and have a chance to open that danged door back at the scorched sanctuary... I'm building a time machine, going back, and plugging him in like Frankenstein's monster!!!

7/18/2021 8:16 pm  #4418

fireinthedust wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Yup! Especially because our GM will let the dice fall where they may. All PCs can party wipe if that's how things play out, based on dice. I go with it because, painful as it is to lose a character, there's integrity in that risk/honesty of rolls. If I wanted to be pandered to, I'd go with a GM who did that (whatever the system). I want to win, but I want to know that it wasn't a fake win because of pity. A good scenario, and the GM is giving us clues to figure out? As long as we've got agency and a chance, as 'he who remains' says, "that's the gambit".

But if Iron Ranger has a sudden heart attack and dies before we get to the end of this, and have a chance to open that danged door back at the scorched sanctuary... I'm building a time machine, going back, and plugging him in like Frankenstein's monster!!!

OOC: Totally! Have you already lost a character in this campaign?

7/18/2021 10:04 pm  #4419

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu simply will creep back and try to drag Tillak to the canoes.

Gundrabu decides to leave the crystal weapon behind and save the warlock.

[Gundrabu roll Dex test.]

7/18/2021 10:15 pm  #4420

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: Totally! Have you already lost a character in this campaign?

Heck yes! My much loved fire warlock, Emral. Another player wouldn't help him during combat, after combat, etc. So in desperation he tried a potion, hoping it was a healing potion. It was a phial of poison.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.