!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2021 12:58 pm  #4361

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

And Gundrabu will attempt to run around the beastman so as not to get brained by the club.

But if that is not possible, if I am otherwise engaged in combat, I would like to charge into him, under his club, hoping to push him over.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

7/08/2021 3:51 pm  #4362

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor will try to stab the beastman with the spit.

1d20: 14!  +2 for strength, so the result is 16... according to the attack matrix that hits AC -1, I believe.
Damage: dunno what to roll, I'm guessing d6?

Hold on, The SAVAGE beastman steps out about 10 FEET in front of GUNDRABU.

Gundrabu is 10 feet in front of Tillak, who is 5 feet in front of barbarian.

There is a second beastmen, a CIVILIZED type, following the group, he is 10 yards behind the barbarian.

The spit is only 7 ft only.

7/08/2021 3:52 pm  #4363

SullyB74 wrote:

If Tillak can, he casts shove on the beastman to throw him off balance so that he will not harm Kondor. 

Based on the scene clarification, I just want to double check that TIllak means to shove the Savage beast men ahead of Gundrabu and not the civilized beastmen chasing behind kondor.

7/08/2021 3:53 pm  #4364

Eirvit wrote:

And Gundrabu will attempt to run around the beastman so as not to get brained by the club.

But if that is not possible, if I am otherwise engaged in combat, I would like to charge into him, under his club, hoping to push him over.

Understood,  let's wait a second to see what the SHOVE clarification is. 
But regardless, GUNDRABU DOES NOT STOP.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/08/2021 3:53 pm)

7/08/2021 7:59 pm  #4365

I will cast shove on whichever beastman is attempting to harm Kondor. 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/08/2021 9:13 pm  #4366

Trying to keep the party in one piece. 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/08/2021 9:33 pm  #4367

Tillak stops running and turns around. As Kondor quickly catches up to him, his arms extend toward the chasing Beast and casts his Shove. The force hits the beastman, stopping him in his tracks but not with force necessary to knock the beast off his feet.
He laughs and yells, "So the fighting man holds some magic within!"
He contemplates his next move.

7/08/2021 10:45 pm  #4368

Tillak continues to run.

7/09/2021 12:48 pm  #4369

Gundrabu lowers his head and charges headlong into the waiting savage.

[Gundrabu attack and damage roll with charging adjustments: =9pt(+2 damage bonus; loss of dexterity bonus to AC, or a −1 AC penalty if no dexterity bonus applies).]

7/09/2021 1:59 pm  #4370

D20- 13 (-1 Strength bonus) = 12’

7/09/2021 8:50 pm  #4371

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak continues to run.

[Tillak +75XP]

7/09/2021 8:51 pm  #4372

Eirvit wrote:

D20- 13 (-1 Strength bonus) = 12’

Gundrabu directly nails the surprised beastman! Knocking the savage to the ground, his bloody club loose on the ground.
[Gundrabu +75XP]

7/10/2021 6:41 am  #4373

OOC: How many rounds until we reach the canoe? 

7/10/2021 9:10 am  #4374

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: How many rounds until we reach the canoe? 

[If the group can make it past the two remaining fighting pits, potentially at the end of this next round.]

7/11/2021 3:40 pm  #4375

ooc: Okay, so Kondor is not hitting the beastman because he's out of range?  No problem.

Kondor is going to keep up with the others, and if needed he'll defend Gundrabu and Tillak with his weapon.

7/11/2021 4:03 pm  #4376

Tillak and Kondor run neck and neck! 
The beastman behind stands his ground, clearly afraid of the WArlock's no longer secret powers.

Ahead, 10 yards, The cleric just busted a savage beast to the ground, causing him to lose his grip on his slippery with blood club.

The canoes are close, and next to them -  a pile of your armors, ---  and a pile of your gear,---  and a pile of your weapons.

all around you --- beastman war.

[End of round.]
[DEclare actions, Roll initiatives, etc, for next round]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/11/2021 5:18 pm)

7/11/2021 5:45 pm  #4377

Initiative - d6 - 4!

Gundrabu will scoop up the Crystal Weapon from the pile of weapons. Then, if time remains in the round -- and if he is not assaulted by any beastmen -- with his offhand he will grab his hauberk and toss it into a canoe.

7/11/2021 5:50 pm  #4378

Eirvit wrote:

Initiative - d6 - 4!

Gundrabu will scoop up the Crystal Weapon from the pile of weapons. Then, if time remains in the round -- and if he is not assaulted by any beastmen -- with his offhand he will grab his hauberk and toss it into a canoe.

Noted, but be reminder there are 2 quarrels of beastmen between the cleric and the weapons pile.

7/11/2021 9:46 pm  #4379

Kondor wants to get to his Jackalope's Paw, because then he'll have more than 1hp!

Ergo Kondor will fight his way through the beastmen in his way.

Initiative d6:  3!

attack d20:  1!  Nuts!  Why do I only have 1hp?!

7/11/2021 10:04 pm  #4380

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor wants to get to his Jackalope's Paw, because then he'll have more than 1hp!

Ergo Kondor will fight his way through the beastmen in his way.

Initiative d6:  3!

attack d20:  1!  Nuts!  Why do I only have 1hp?!

Finally we get to use xathaqquaa Woe chart!!!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.