LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out HYPERBOREA 3E now available for pre-order!


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2021 8:23 pm  #4341


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor will duck behind the cleric's spit, pulling it off and away from the beast men. Then, as pulling the spit loosed the ropes around his feet, he does the same for all of Gundrabu's ropes: pulls the spit out from the ropes so that the cleric can shake them off.

If that goes well, he'll do the same for Tillak. 

If he gets attacked by the beast men, he can wield the spit as a quarterstaff or club - bludgeoning foes while Gundrabu frees Tillak.

 

7/02/2021 8:26 pm  #4342


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor will duck behind the cleric's spit, pulling it off and away from the beast men. Then, as pulling the spit loosed the ropes around his feet, he does the same for all of Gundrabu's ropes: pulls the spit out from the ropes so that the cleric can shake them off.

If that goes well, he'll do the same for Tillak. 

If he gets attacked by the beast men, he can wield the spit as a quarterstaff or club - bludgeoning foes while Gundrabu frees Tillak.

[Gotcha, waiting on the cleric and the warlock to make their moves first....]


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/02/2021 8:57 pm  #4343


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu hastens to free his cousin Tillak. Or drag him from the flames, wherever Tillak has ended up.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/02/2021 9:14 pm  #4344


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu hastens to free his cousin Tillak. Or drag him from the flames, wherever Tillak has ended up.

Gundrabu and Kondor struggle to free Tillak, who is burning alive in the fire. And each suffer the consequences.
[Gundrabu - 4HP]
[Kondor -1HP]
[Tillak - 2 more HP]

The warlock is scorched on his backside. But now free of the flames, even his cries cease. 
The surround is full of beastman versus beastman, Blood and detritus flow and spray in all directions, but it is clear that the savage version has nearly done away with their brethren.

 


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/02/2021 9:17 pm  #4345


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Both Kondor and Tillak near collapse after from lack of HP...


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/03/2021 8:47 am  #4346


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OOC: This is pickle!!

IC: Tillak scrambles to his feet and looks around for a weapon. If a beast man attacks him he casts shove on the creature to drive it away. 

"This is a horrid development!" Tillak growls.
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

7/03/2021 9:31 am  #4347


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: This is pickle!!

IC: Tillak scrambles to his feet and looks around for a weapon. If a beast man attacks him he casts shove on the creature to drive it away. 

"This is a horrid development!" Tillak growls.
 

Tillak sees no weapons nearby, beside the clubs being used, and the stray rock. But he watches as Kondor grabs the spit he was on and tries it as a makeshift sword or spear.
Over Kondor's shoulder he spies a pile of their gear near the canoes beached at the river  with 50 yards and a dozen battling beastmen between!


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/03/2021 7:27 pm  #4348


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak shouts in Esquimaux and Norse.

"The gear is there, by the canoes beached at the river's edge! Let us leave this place!" 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

7/03/2021 7:30 pm  #4349


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak shouts in Esquimaux and Norse.

"The gear is there, by the canoes beached at the river's edge! Let us leave this place!" 

A nearby civilized beastman smashes the skull open of a savage beastman and gleeful at the oozing brains hears teh cries of Tillak and brandishes his club at the naked adventurers!

[Party roll initiatives, state intentions, rolls, etc...please]
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/04/2021 3:53 am  #4350


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Initiative: 1d6: 6!

Tillak picks up a club on the ground, and rushes towards the canoes. He readies his shove spell to push away any beast man who comes near. 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

7/04/2021 5:45 pm  #4351


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu likewise runs for the canoes. His intention, once there and if he is not obstructed from doing so, is to start tossing the gear into the canoes for a getaway.

Edit: Oh, I forgot. Individual initiative. 3!

Last edited by Eirvit (7/04/2021 5:46 pm)


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/04/2021 6:04 pm  #4352


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu likewise runs for the canoes. His intention, once there and if he is not obstructed from doing so, is to start tossing the gear into the canoes for a getaway.

Edit: Oh, I forgot. Individual initiative. 3!

Noted.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/05/2021 1:33 pm  #4353


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor will move fast if possible, feeling how weak he is, but stand between the cleric and the beast men - within reach of a healing spell if the cleric has one?

Initiative: 1!  Legit roll off the table to "ding" the heater it was 1 when I found it!

 

7/05/2021 4:44 pm  #4354


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The approaching domesticated beastman laughs like a crazed hyena and swings his club wildly at the fleeing adventurers!
"Look at those hilarous baboon butts!!"
He gives chase.

Gundrabu takes the lead, dodging to and fro through the ground battle!
Tillak grabs (rock or spit?) and places second.
Kondor, with the spear-spit in hand, heaves and takes third position.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/06/2021 3:24 pm  #4355


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

ooc:  just to be clear, when you said -1hp did you mean Kondor is AT 1hp or has only lost 1hp?

It will determine whether he can stand & fight or not.

 

7/06/2021 4:18 pm  #4356


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc:  just to be clear, when you said -1hp did you mean Kondor is AT 1hp or has only lost 1hp?

It will determine whether he can stand & fight or not.

Both.  He lost one of the 2 he had.


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/06/2021 6:13 pm  #4357


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"I have no healing prayers for you, barbarian! Darkness was the last blessing I had. Run for the canoes!"


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

7/06/2021 6:18 pm  #4358


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu's words go unheard by the trailing barbarian as a Savage beastman steps directly in front of the Cleric, his club raised, blood and brains dripping running from it down his arm!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/06/2021 6:18 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/07/2021 12:13 am  #4359


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor will try to stab the beastman with the spit.

1d20: 14!  +2 for strength, so the result is 16... according to the attack matrix that hits AC -1, I believe.
Damage: dunno what to roll, I'm guessing d6?

 

7/07/2021 5:09 am  #4360


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

If Tillak can, he casts shove on the beastman to throw him off balance so that he will not harm Kondor. 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.