!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2021 4:27 pm  #4021

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor remains steady on the rope as Tillak lowers himself down to the rungs. Assuming Gundrabu steps down one rungs to make space.

3/11/2021 6:43 pm  #4022

When Tillak is down, Kondor does what Kimmerian barbarians do best, after putting the rope away he climbs down.

3/11/2021 7:10 pm  #4023

fireinthedust wrote:

When Tillak is down, Kondor does what Kimmerian barbarians do best, after putting the rope away he climbs down.

[Kondor +100 XP for remembering Gundrabu's rope]

[Now let's discuss Barbarian Climb Abilities. BTB it's light or no armor as thief same level. Since Kondor wears Chain, let's curb it at 8:12.]

[Good luck.]

3/12/2021 5:55 am  #4024

Tillak looks around at the ledge that he and Gundrabu stand on, now. Is there any way for anyone or anything to attack him or Gundrabu from here? 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

3/12/2021 9:17 am  #4025

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak looks around at the ledge that he and Gundrabu stand on, now. Is there any way for anyone or anything to attack him or Gundrabu from here? 

Tillak tries to ascertain the threat level inside the fount but he is distracted and all eyes on the barbarian clawing his way down the near sheer surface with only his bare fingers and bare toes sticking through ripped boots clinging to safety. Watching this, the warlock safely assumes that a falling barbarian is the most immediate threat to his safety.

3/12/2021 11:23 am  #4026

d12:  7!

3/12/2021 11:32 am  #4027

fireinthedust wrote:

d12:  7!

Nice! The barbarian manages to climb down the wall and reach the small stone steps. The three adventurers cling to the wall to help balance themselves.

3/12/2021 11:35 am  #4028

Now, I’d like to pause the game for just a second while you cling on these stone nubs to give a special GM award to each player for following Gundrabu the Crazed into the unknown deep without question, or concern at all over lack of  oils, foods,  even water.That takes guts, and is easily worth +3000 XP to you all and is yours to keep even should you choose to attempt to crawl right back out of the fount and head home. Now for the bad news, as you stand on these tiny stone extensions trying not to trip over your own floor length beards and fall to your deaths, you suspect something terrible has happened, you feel it in your bones, the stiffness, the soreness, the ache, the weakness, so much so that you each  - 1 CON. On the plus side though, what is clear to you is that you’ve aged somehow, how much is only a guess, not enough to easily find the sprouts of wisdom in your crowns, but not a fortnight either.  And BTB, that means you each may +1 to a single attribute of your choosing. Please let me know what you choose, so I can adjust the bookkeeping on my end. Onward!

3/12/2021 11:56 am  #4029

Can the single attribute be physical? Or even CON? That or STR?

3/12/2021 12:01 pm  #4030

Any of the 6, including the CON you just lost.

3/12/2021 1:24 pm  #4031

Thanks, Ref!

Something else I want to clarify. That xp award. Is that each character or to be shared among us, or, in other words 3k or 1k per PC?

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

3/12/2021 1:32 pm  #4032

Each character receives +3000XP (+10% if you deserve that bonus) = potential +3300 XP.

and for the record I generally believe in individual XP
so if you one day see something like:

Kondor +10000000XP
Tillak +300000000XP
Gundrabu +1XP

it's not personal.  ;)

3/12/2021 3:10 pm  #4033

😁

3/13/2021 4:45 pm  #4034

With his new, supernaturally-impelled age, Gundrabu senses great wisdom within. +1 Wisdom for a total of 18!

-1 Con now = 9. No real statistical change.

3/13/2021 5:06 pm  #4035

Eirvit wrote:

With his new, supernaturally-impelled age, Gundrabu senses great wisdom within. +1 Wisdom for a total of 18!

-1 Con now = 9. No real statistical change.

The Kraken is very pleased with Gundrabu and gifts upon him the ability of one extra cast per day of his 4th level prayers.
Also, a sudden rushing wave of the salty brine floods his ears and restores exactly 1 single first level prayer to his thoughts.
If Gundrabu listens closely to that roaring surf I bet he can hear which one it is....? 

3/13/2021 6:06 pm  #4036

Gundrabu considers.

His rumbling belly has him most concerned about his next meal, but he believes that, even after his suddenly-advanced age, the Kraken still has him blessed with Purify Food and Drink — if only he can be additionally blessed to come across even a rancid carcass (he had intended to eat Tetranna).

So he chooses Light, expecting that Kraken won’t lead his course—as He has into this well—for all time.

3/13/2021 6:12 pm  #4037

OOC: Tillak's Con is now 10, but he increased his intelligence by one point, from 16 to 17. Also, he levels up to 2nd. 

How do you handle HP? One roll, best of two? Automatic max.  (I realize that the last one was a long shot, but I had to try.) 

Last edited by SullyB74 (3/13/2021 6:17 pm)

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

3/13/2021 6:18 pm  #4038

OOC: Also, I'm really sorry about the late posts, guys. It's grading time for teachers and I'm swamped.  

3/13/2021 6:27 pm  #4039

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu considers.

His rumbling belly has him most concerned about his next meal, but he believes that, even after his suddenly-advanced age, the Kraken still has him blessed with Purify Food and Drink — if only he can be additionally blessed to come across even a rancid carcass (he had intended to eat Tetranna).

So he chooses Light, expecting that Kraken won’t lead his course—as He has into this well—for all time.

Noted.

Although Tetranna would have made for some fine eating...where'd that witch go anyway.....

3/13/2021 6:34 pm  #4040

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: Tillak's Con is now 10, but he increased his intelligence by one point, from 16 to 17. Also, he levels up to 2nd. 

How do you handle HP? One roll, best of two? Automatic max.  (I realize that the last one was a long shot, but I had to try.) 

LOL! we're a BTB game so one roll will do it... try to roll high this time...

That 17 INT is gonna allow Tillak capacity for a new language, one extra third level cast per day,

also, dont forget to adjust FA, CA and combat matrix on your character sheet!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.