!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2021 5:07 pm  #4001

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

D12: 7!
[I'm always late to the party! :-( ]

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

3/07/2021 5:23 pm  #4002

SullyB74 wrote:

D12: 7!
[I'm always late to the party! :-( ]

Str test is d6.  I’ll count this as a 4.

3/07/2021 6:14 pm  #4003

Tillak strains as the barbarian's strength wanes, but he holds fast.  Below, Gundrabu hovers at the chain anchors, the narrow catwalk rungs just a few more feet away.......

3/07/2021 10:19 pm  #4004

Gundrabu smiles when he hears Kondor's grunts, up above. "Can't you handle a lowly Esquimaux laden with gear?" he mutters.

Gundrabu makes fast his grip with his strong right hand, then reaches out the left to give a tug at the chains, see if it is securely fastened to the stone and capable of holding his weight. If it doesn't pull out immediately, he will risk testing it with some of his weight. He doesn't let go of the rope, of course! In case some mortar suddenly gives, as he is certain will happen.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

3/08/2021 3:15 pm  #4005

The chains feel secure to the anchors. And support the conservative weight he applies.

3/08/2021 3:52 pm  #4006

Gundrabu risks it!

He releases the rope and clings to the chain, and attempts to use the latter to descend the remaining distance to the catwalk.

3/08/2021 5:12 pm  #4007

Tillak steadies himself. 

"Careful, brother! A fall would be terrible."

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

3/08/2021 6:18 pm  #4008

TIllak and Kondor feel sudden shift on the rope and ....

[make STR tests please...]

3/08/2021 6:48 pm  #4009

d6: 1!

3/08/2021 7:13 pm  #4010

Kondor digs deep and finds the strength of his people.

3/08/2021 7:14 pm  #4011

Gundrabu manages to grab the chain and lower himself down to the first protruding stone step.

3/09/2021 1:07 pm  #4012

Kondor rolls out his shoulders after the strain, annoyed that the torpor had thrown off his first feat of strength... but heartened that he brought back his focus for the second attempt. 

"What do you see down there, Gundrabu? Shall Tillak and I join you?"

3/09/2021 4:56 pm  #4013

“Yes, come down. The catwalk holds my weight. I trust it will hold yours, as well.

“Tillak, brother, you next. Then you, Kondor.”

3/09/2021 6:31 pm  #4014

Tillak: 1d6: 1!

3/09/2021 6:59 pm  #4015

OOC: Would that strength check count towards climbing? 

3/09/2021 7:02 pm  #4016

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: Would that strength check count towards climbing? 

Wait...Is Tillak climbing down or using the rope?

3/10/2021 5:38 am  #4017

OOC: If Kondor will hold me I will climb down. 

3/10/2021 8:38 pm  #4018

Kondor holds the rope so the others can climb down. he then climbs down himself.

3/10/2021 10:43 pm  #4019

Kondor give me a STR test roll while Tillak descends.

3/11/2021 12:20 pm  #4020

d6: 4!  That should be enough normally (4 in 6), but dunno if this is normal.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.