!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/26/2021 9:44 am  #3741

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor hacks at the next beetle, timing his strike as the unthinking hunger of the beetle pulls it into range of his blade.

d6: 5!
d20: 7+2: 9!
d10: 2+3: 5!
d20: 3+2: 5

Kondor's blade grows heavy as yet another set of death swings are easily avoided by the ravenous beast!

The determined foe pressed forward almost atop the barbarian and bares vicious barbed teeth! 2! Kondor presses his blade against the beetles mouth forcing it back just in time.

[End of round.  State intentions. Roll Initiatives, etc etc for next round.]

1/26/2021 11:07 am  #3742

Initiative: d6- 6!

Gundrabu hopefully lifts slightly his trapped foot to determine if the wax is loosening.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/26/2021 12:43 pm  #3743

Kondor is undaunted, and hacks once more at the fire-beetle. He has no choice!

d6:  4!
d20: 17! +2: 19!
d10: 1+3: 4!

1/26/2021 12:44 pm  #3744

ooc: Welcome to the adventure!

1/26/2021 3:39 pm  #3745

Tillak places the lantern on the floor, sheaths his war pick, and investigates the gear and screw, seeing if it moves the slab. If it does move the slab, Tillak attempts to do so.  

Last edited by SullyB74 (1/26/2021 3:44 pm)

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

1/26/2021 3:51 pm  #3746

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak places the lantern on the floor, sheaths his war pick, and investigates the gear and screw, seeing if it moves the slab. If it does move the slab, Tillak attempts to do so.  

[Yes welcome to the game! Great to have new players! I typically use these brackets for business communication.
fireinthedust is fond of ooc:, cant recall how eirvit's doing it...]

[In fact, give me your initiative roll for Tillak's move with the gear this round.]

1/26/2021 3:54 pm  #3747

Ooc: Thanks! We'll see how long I last!

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

1/26/2021 4:01 pm  #3748

Initiative is d6: 1

1/26/2021 5:35 pm  #3749

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu hopefully lifts slightly his trapped foot to determine if the wax is loosening.

Gundrabu has the initiative for round. And the wax finally loosens enough for him to pull his other foot free!
[Gundrabu roll d12]

1/26/2021 5:37 pm  #3750

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor is undaunted, and hacks once more at the fire-beetle. He has no choice!

d6:  4!
d20: 17! +2: 19!
d10: 1+3: 4!

Kondor acts next, rebalancing on his stuck feet and swinging successfully his bastard sword deep into the hard carapace!

1/26/2021 5:38 pm  #3751

The beetle feels that one in its guts and spins frantically screeching and earpiercing howl and runnins away into the darkness!

1/26/2021 5:43 pm  #3752

SullyB74 wrote:

And at last, turning the gear to the right slowly raises the huge heavy slab a foot, turning it left lowers it.

Suddenly into the hooded lantern's glow  bursts a giant beetle over the edge of the slab and crawling up the screw right toward you!!!

[End of round. All players state intentions, roll int, etc etc...]

1/26/2021 6:09 pm  #3753

D12- 6!

Gundrabu retreats beyond the wax floor (again, if possible), and, flanking whatever enemies Kondor still faces (if he does), he will strike with the crystal weapon. I imagine a torch is in one hand, crystal weapon in his “business hand.”

D20- 8!

(If I can’t attack this round, ignore or hold that roll for next.)

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/26/2021 6:20 pm  #3754

Tillak draws his warpick, arms his shield, and attacks! 

Initiative: d6 - 3

Attack roll: d20 - 18.

(Should I let you know what my strength and weapon mastery bonuses are? +2 for strength, +1 for weapon mastery (war pick). 

Last edited by SullyB74 (1/26/2021 6:42 pm)

1/26/2021 6:32 pm  #3755

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak draws his warpick, arms his shield, and attacks! 

(Initiative: d6 - 3)

Attack roll: 18 +1 for fighting ability, +2 for strength. So 21? Do I add 1 for weapon mastery? 

Fighting Ability is simply the level of your attack, some classes are different than others, for example Illusionists are at FA 0 for both levels 1&2. It is not a +.

Tillak has a STR of 17, giving him a +1 to hit, +2 damage.
He has mastery of the War pick which gives him an addiotnal +1 to hit and +1 damage (and 3/2 attack rate.)
Further his war pick is designed to inflict an additional +1 to hit vs. plate mail armors.

So in this instance I think it is:
18 +2   (and I throw in the war pick +1 against the hard shell) =  21!

1/26/2021 6:44 pm  #3756

Awesome! Tallik lets out a war cry as he swings his weapon down on the beetle! 

1/26/2021 7:04 pm  #3757

If I connect, I roll a d8.

D8 - 8! Max damage! 

1/26/2021 7:25 pm  #3758

SullyB74 wrote:

D8 - 8! Max damage! 

thanks, and please add your bonuses for me. 8+3 =11
IF and that's a BIG IF -- Tillak lucks into a hit....LOL

1/26/2021 7:31 pm  #3759

Ooc: Am I able to cast "shove" one extra time a day because I am a spell caster with an intelligence of 16, or does that only apply to magicians and their sub-classes? 

1/26/2021 7:56 pm  #3760

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

D8 - 8! Max damage! 

thanks, and please add your bonuses for me. 8+3 =11
IF and that's a BIG IF -- Tillak lucks into a hit....LOL

If it gives me a bonus to AC, I raise my shield and wait for the beetle's repost! 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.