!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/01/2021 11:40 am  #3581

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Though the cleric is slow to fill in the bad news, Kondor ascertains mischief from the looks of the damaged and wildly scattered gear. His curiosity mounts...

1/01/2021 1:18 pm  #3582

Ha ha! I beat you by a minute this time!

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

1/01/2021 1:19 pm  #3583

LOL!

1/01/2021 1:20 pm  #3584

Sometimes things happen so fast....I have to go back and re-read all the posts....

1/01/2021 2:25 pm  #3585

Kondor takes it in: Tetranna dead, then undead. They'd been robbed. His Helm gone...

"The bodies of the Beast Men - are they still here? Perhaps they rose from the dead like Tetranna and Emral. Perhaps they will rise soon. As for the helm... We cannot leave it for others. It is too powerful."

1/01/2021 2:28 pm  #3586

Kondor +200XP for Beast man carcass recall.

A sidelong glance in the direction under the slide dropoff shows picked clean bone piles.

1/01/2021 2:29 pm  #3587

And that's 23996!

1/02/2021 12:55 pm  #3588

ooc: Sweet!  Okay, gotta think of something smart for that last 4xp...

Kondor helps gather their belongings into the packs, and helps Gundrabu however he can.

"If we haven't been attacked, perhaps whatever stripped the flesh from the corpses doesn't eat living flesh. Some kind of scavengers. If they left us alive it's not the beast men from the caves above. Maybe the grate can be removed?"

Kondor, once their things are collected, moves to the grate and attempts to move it by pulling on the bars, sliding them, etc.

1/02/2021 12:58 pm  #3589

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc: Sweet!  Okay, gotta think of something smart for that last 4xp...

"If we haven't been attacked, perhaps whatever stripped the flesh from the corpses doesn't eat living flesh. Some kind of scavengers. If they left us alive it's not the beast men from the caves above.

Nailed it! +100XP

But even with whatever newfound experience and abilities are gained as he walks to the grate, all of his pushing and pulling proves useless.

1/02/2021 1:00 pm  #3590

“Hold,” says Gundrabu. “In the darkness, alone, I saw something.”

As Kondor moves to the grate, Gundrabu smothers the light of his holy symbol in his furs and, gripping tight his crystal weapon, looks for the glowing doorway to reappear next to Kondor’s destination.

1/03/2021 3:05 pm  #3591

Newly arrived Christmas gift giant d12: 7! +3 = +10hp!
ooc: I rolled 3 on a d12 my ex-wife got me, but when I wrote the post days ago it didn't load onto the site. I'm 100% okay with using that instead of this better roll, which is why I'm mention it here for full transparency - but this seemed like the board was telling me to roll the new, giant dice that I got just now - in a wooden box with runes on it, and the dice are cool and have symbols on them, too! Titan Dice, and they've got HEFT!
Either way, I've talked about them with everyone here. Epic!

IC:  Kondor follows Gundrabu's lead, trusting the cleric's plan.

1/03/2021 3:25 pm  #3592

fireinthedust wrote:

Newly arrived Christmas gift giant d12: 7! +3 = +10hp!
ooc: I rolled 3 on a d12 my ex-wife got me, but when I wrote the post days ago it didn't load onto the site. I'm 100% okay with using that instead of this better roll, which is why I'm mention it here for full transparency - but this seemed like the board was telling me to roll the new, giant dice that I got just now - in a wooden box with runes on it, and the dice are cool and have symbols on them, too! Titan Dice, and they've got HEFT!
Either way, I've talked about them with everyone here. Epic!

IC:  Kondor follows Gundrabu's lead, trusting the cleric's plan.

Xmas giant.
But I have Kondor CON at 15, that’s only a +1
So 8 added
Now 14 of 37

Last edited by Iron Ranger (1/03/2021 4:38 pm)

1/03/2021 5:10 pm  #3593

If Gundrabu sees the glowing portal in the darkness, he will lead Kondor to it.

“Now, remember, we have to figure out a way to divide these belongings before we rush off to the next adventure. If this leads anywhere, I shall propose a division. Also, I thought I saw another uncanny portal near the slab. We may want to investigate that one, too, before determining a course.”

1/03/2021 5:11 pm  #3594

Gundrabu +100XP for levelheaded thinking!

1/03/2021 5:14 pm  #3595

In the pitch darkness, the cleric once again spies the extremely dim outline of yellow light in areas by the grate, and behind the slab.

1/03/2021 5:18 pm  #3596

Gundrabu leads Kondor to the yellow outline beside the grate (which I think was where Kondor was heading). Gundrabu puts his own hand into a space inside the outline to determine if he touches hard stone or not.

1/03/2021 5:24 pm  #3597

Kondor is standing at the grate in the dark.
The cleric walks toward the light in the dark.
The outline of a portal is on the right side.
The stone is solid.

1/03/2021 6:04 pm  #3598

Gundrabu’s mittens are either shredded or hanging from his sleeves. He puts his fingers onto the glowing outline, hoping to find a seam, a button, or a latch. He’ll move his fingers all around this glow, if he needs to, and he’ll pause and guide Kondor’s hand if Gundrabu finds a seam and Kondor desires to assist.

1/03/2021 7:28 pm  #3599

[roll a d12]

1/03/2021 8:14 pm  #3600

1d12 - 11!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.