!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/26/2020 7:37 pm  #3541

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

In the darkness lit only by the magic light within the fountain Gundrabu contemplated the Mysteries of the Cosmos, and the Devouring Kraken, dwelling within its center and stretching its clutching tendrils into every aspect of every plane of existence. His meditations put him in mind of Kondor’s lucky rabbit foot, but he also feels like he knows more blessings of power.

Having gone up a level, to level 5, Gundrabu chooses three new spells. He’s also able now to cast another Level 1 spell per day and a single level 3.

Does this mean that Gundrabu has another level 1 spell slot? Can he get another Cure Light Wounds to cast on Kondor?

Edit: New Spells
Level 1: Protection from Evil, Remove Fear
Level 3: Speak with Dead

Clerics receive 3 new prayers at level gain.  So he can choose 3 3rd levels or any other combo.
Gundrabu's great wisdom allows him extra casts of prayers per day. 1 1st, 1 2nd, and 1 3rd.

So he currently can pray for 4 1sts,  3 2nds, and 2 3rds per day.

These new prayers are available once he has fully slept and prayed over them.
At current - I show since Gundrabu last slept at the log, that he retains 2 CLWs, Darkness and Speak with Animals.
Am I forgetting something?

12/26/2020 7:37 pm  #3542

Also , roll your d8 HP gain

12/27/2020 9:34 am  #3543

What you say tracks to my slightly disorganized records. Here’s what I have now (after choosing three new spells, which are noted in an earlier edit).

FA 3, TA 5, CA 5, Spells 1-3, 2-2, 1-1 + 1/1/1

Spells:

Known: 1 Bless Oil and Water, Cure Lt Wds, Omen, Bless, Cold Resistance, Detect Magic, Ceremony of Consecration, Perceive Disguise, Protection from Evil, Remove Fear

Prepared: A new slot now received. Can I fill it now, or must I wait to sleep a night.

Known: 2 Speak with Animals, Darkness, Aid, Hold Person

Prepared: Speak with Animals, Darkness

Known: 3 Speak with Dead

Prepared? Speak with Dead x2.

Known: 6 Word of Recall

New HD roll:  No way! 8!

HP (1d8) 8 + 4 + 5 + 7 + 8 - 32/29

Last edited by Eirvit (12/27/2020 9:38 am)

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

12/27/2020 9:40 am  #3544

Eirvit wrote:

What you say tracks to my slightly disorganized records. Here’s what I have now (after choosing three new spells, which are noted in an earlier edit).

FA 3, TA 5, CA 5, Spells 1-3, 2-2, 1-1 + 1/1/1

Spells:

Known: 1 Bless Oil and Water, Cure Lt Wds, Omen, Bless, Cold Resistance, Detect Magic, Ceremony of Consecration, Perceive Disguise, Protection from Evil, Remove Fear

Prepared: A new slot now received. Can I fill it now, or must I wait to sleep a night.

Known: 2 Speak with Animals, Darkness, Aid, Hold Person

Prepared: Speak with Animals, Darkness

Known: 3 Speak with Dead

Prepared? Speak with Dead x2.

Known: 6 Word of Recall

New HD roll: No way! 8!

Normally, The Kraken fills your mind with his wonders automatically and instantaneously.  And he has done so again now, however, as you two have not slept since the log of giant ticks - the cleric is unable to sort it, he is on the edge of hallucination as is.

12/27/2020 10:45 am  #3545

In the restored darkness, Gundrabu does his best to stay awake, certain that the beastmen will return—or something worse, to drink from the freshwater fountain. But his mind fills with the sucking blackness and flecks of starlight within the Kraken’s infinite Void, and he floats away into the deepest sleep.

12/27/2020 10:51 am  #3546

Eirvit wrote:

In the restored darkness, Gundrabu does his best to stay awake, certain that the beastmen will return—or something worse, to drink from the freshwater fountain. But his mind fills with the sucking blackness and flecks of starlight within the Kraken’s infinite Void, and he floats away into the deepest sleep.

Did you extinguish your relit torch first? or did it simply burn away?

12/27/2020 11:13 am  #3547

Oh, I extinguished it! I had a mental lapse here. After the rabbit’s foot didn’t work, I was ready to put out my flame and wait. That’s what happened in my mental fiction. But then I got distracted by the possibility of casting more spells, so I failed to actually record my torch extinguishing on this forum while we explored that possibility.

Last edited by Eirvit (12/27/2020 11:53 am)

12/27/2020 12:11 pm  #3548

Eirvit wrote:

Oh, I extinguished it! I had a mental lapse here. After the rabbit’s foot didn’t work, I was ready to put out my flame and wait. That’s what happened in my mental fiction. But then I got distracted by the possibility of casting more spells, so I failed to actually record my torch extinguishing on this forum while we explored that possibility.

Totally figured that....

Then in the darkness, sleep comes at long last.

12/27/2020 6:23 pm  #3549

Iron Ranger wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

Totally figured that....

Then in the darkness, sleep comes at long last.

Does Kondor wake refreshed? 

12/28/2020 6:17 pm  #3550

An unknown passage of time occurs and the Cleric finally stirs awake in the complete darkness. His mind reels remembering the long list of events since the log of ticks. The gentle gurgle of water is nearby somewhere to his right.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (12/28/2020 9:05 pm)

12/29/2020 10:11 am  #3551

Gundrabu is again hungry. That gruel is the bare minimum of sustenance! He vows to get Kondor to harvest a winter deer after this, if the forest isn’t choked with  beast men. At thought of Kondor, he reaches across in the darkness to confirm that the barbarian is still with him. If the fighter is, Gundrabu places a finger on a pulse, as well, to confirm he lives.

12/29/2020 10:19 am  #3552

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu is again hungry. That gruel is the bare minimum of sustenance! He vows to get Kondor to harvest a winter deer after this, if the forest isn’t choked with beast men. At thought of Kondor, he reaches across in the darkness to confirm that the barbarian is still with him. If the fighter is, Gundrabu places a finger on a pulse, as well, to confirm he lives.

Gundrabu reaches down only to lay hands on crampons.

12/29/2020 10:50 am  #3553

“Cursed Khalk-xu!”

Gundrabu reaches around for one of the torches he laid out. If he grasps one, he lights it by casting sparks with a flint and steel.

12/29/2020 10:51 am  #3554

He finds only an empty small sack and a small river stone.

12/29/2020 11:08 am  #3555

ooc: This is the most 2020 turn of events. On the edge of my seat, btw.

12/29/2020 11:19 am  #3556

Gundrabu is relieved that he has torches, and now makes an inventory of his remaining gear.

[To clarify, these items are left in place of Kondor? Does Gundrabu still possess all else? What about the helm? Gundrabu’s grumbling stomach reminds him that he still needs that to function as a pot.]

12/29/2020 11:48 am  #3557

Gundrapu has awoken in the pitch. Reaching down for his partner he has found only the crampons, then in his confusion and seeking light, found only a sack and a river stone. The location of everything else, especially the torches is unknown.

Darkness remains. 

12/29/2020 12:09 pm  #3558

Gundrabu settles his suddenly-anxious breathing, leans back in the darkness, and opens his mind to the Kraken’s salty mysteries.

[Any chance I can choose three DIFFERENT new spells now? 🤣]

12/29/2020 12:14 pm  #3559

Of course, Gundrabu may BEG the Kraken.

[Roll d20.]

12/29/2020 12:30 pm  #3560

11!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.