!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/27/2020 7:16 am  #2761

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor returns to Gundrabu, to rest.  Several miles is too far to carry his companion, but the moment the other is strong enough to be moved, Kondor will help him and together the two will meet whoevers fire awaits them.

ooc:  Hopefully they're still be there, but as experience has taught us we have to pace ourselves. 

[Kondor +200XP]

Eating some rations to keep up his strength, I suppose.

Undoubtedly, sleep will be evasive, both the constant cold and the watch will be paramount. He resets the flame that is almost extinguished.
Is there anything specific Kondor would like to do to pass the time while waiting to find out if these woods provide more foes or protection?

4/27/2020 2:59 pm  #2762

The time passes uneventfully. Every few hours Kondor gnaws through more rations in an effort to stave off boredom and sleep, leaving him one portion shorter.

Gundrabu wakes inside the log with a start, a moan then in a panic that he has been buried alive, comes shooting out of the log.
[Gundrabu recover a hit die +4 of HP.]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (4/27/2020 3:00 pm)

4/27/2020 7:32 pm  #2763

Kondor helps him up, then fills him in on the other fire.

“If you can make it, we might find Igrest. Or maybe it’s the beast men, or Sol, or tetranna, or someone else. It could be help on our quest. What do you think?”

4/27/2020 10:18 pm  #2764

D8- 5 (+4) +9 total.

“You seem determined, my cold-weather friend, to find people—any people—especially this Igrest, you speak of.”

Gundrabu remembers something his god told him about the pyromancer. Perhaps this now—this apparent trouble—was precisely what Khalk-xu meant with that cryptic prophecy.

Gundrabu sighs. “Very well, barbarian. Lead on.” Gundrabu searches around. “Where is my lantern?”

[Ref, I don’t suppose Gundrabu “rested” enough for more spells?]

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

4/27/2020 10:35 pm  #2765

Eirvit wrote:

D8- 5 (+4) +9 total.

“You seem determined, my cold-weather friend, to find people—any people—especially this Igrest, you speak of.”

Gundrabu remembers something his god told him about the pyromancer. Perhaps this now—this apparent trouble—was precisely what Khalk-xu meant with that cryptic prophecy.

Gundrabu sighs. “Very well, barbarian. Lead on.” Gundrabu searches around. “Where is my lantern?”

[Ref, I don’t suppose Gundrabu “rested” enough for more spells?]

Kondor's best guess is that Gundrabu has been out for 10 hours.
Gundrabu's mind is free of prayers. But suddenly full of memories, nay nightmares!...the mysterious skeleton leg, the ticks!

4/27/2020 10:37 pm  #2766

[Kondor gain 1/2 hit die.]

4/27/2020 10:47 pm  #2767

“If you need to prepare healing, we can wait till you are ready. Then we can find out who was at the fire.0

4/27/2020 10:51 pm  #2768

“I am only too happy to memorize the Kraken’s Blessings in service to your quest, but this strikes me as an unhealthful area. I expect it is disappointing to you to move farther away from the object f your interest, but don’t you think I should go pray in a more defensible location—in the back room of the sanctuary, at the very least?

”If you feel a geas of discovery on you, however, my man, I will follow you—even though I walk without a sense of Kraken’s cosmic waters around and inside me, feeding and sustaining us.”

4/28/2020 9:14 am  #2769

Eirvit wrote:

“I am only too happy to memorize the Kraken’s Blessings in service to your quest, but this strikes me as an unhealthful area. I expect it is disappointing to you to move farther away from the object f your interest, but don’t you think I should go pray in a more defensible location—in the back room of the sanctuary, at the very least?

”If you feel a geas of discovery on you, however, my man, I will follow you—even though I walk without a sense of Kraken’s cosmic waters around and inside me, feeding and sustaining us.”

"Returning to the sanctuary risks too much. When you fell we lost much time, and the person we follow may be gone by then. Trust me, friend, we cannot get past that ensorcelled door without some additional help or tool. I will keep watch here, as your defence. Then we can follow the trail that led us out here."

ooc: We've got a fire, a log, what more could you want?

4/28/2020 9:46 am  #2770

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc: We've got a fire, a log, what more could you want?

Ha ha! Have you been playing this game? 😂 We’re gonna die from Hyperborea hypothermia!

“As you wish, friend.”

Gundrabu hunkers down in his furs, doing his best to ignore the viscous charnel stench that clings to him, and gets as comfortable as he can. In the back of his throat, he hums the First Note of the Void, meditating and opening himself to the Kraken’s Coils.

4/28/2020 1:01 pm  #2771

Before Gundrabu starts praying....please roll 1/2 Hd recovery from Kondor's long rest.

4/28/2020 4:13 pm  #2772

Me?

D8/2- 4, baby! That be 10/12!

4/28/2020 4:29 pm  #2773

Eirvit wrote:

Me?

D8/2- 4, baby! That be 10/12!

No, Gundrabu already recovered his HP +4 from the long nap. I've got Gundrabu at 6/12 HP & 2184 XP.

I think fireinthedust missed the Kondor half roll for resting for your long nap.  Trying to get those added HP for Kondor before you guys head off, He's gonna need them! LOL!

4/28/2020 8:12 pm  #2774

Does Gundrabu have his prayers in order?

4/29/2020 7:59 am  #2775

Better make them 3 Cure Light Wounds!

4/29/2020 8:14 am  #2776

Eirvit wrote:

Better make them 3 Cure Light Wounds!

Noted.

Gundrabu now knows three Glories of the Kraken, and something else.

4/29/2020 8:24 am  #2777

Kondor rolls a d10, and I got a 9, so... half that, 4.5, round to five?

4/29/2020 8:36 am  #2778

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor rolls a d10, and I got a 9, so... half that, 4.5, round to five?

Exactly!

4/29/2020 1:12 pm  #2779

Once they are prepared - potentially facing the beast men - Kondor leads the way to the trail where he'd seen the firelight.

4/29/2020 5:42 pm  #2780

Gundrabu watches the Kimmerian leave the fallen log toward the trail. There's a distant echo of surf from underwater in your ear, like you are missing something you should be hearing...

Board footera