!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2020 8:04 am  #2561

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu has a sack. If there is an old bucket in the well—even a cracked one, which would be best—someone planting their feet, standing, above the waterline, should be able to “scoop” the gold and pour it (for the water to drain, sifting out) into the large sack I have. Gundrabu thinks the strong barbarian should do this. Gundrabu will keep watch at the well opening. Easy as can be! Nothing can go wrong!

“I have no need for gold while in this thrice cursed ruin. Are you able to break the spells upon that door? We can delay no more, and not for any bucket of gold in an endless midnights blizzard.”

3/09/2020 8:28 am  #2562

Gundrabu hangs his head. “I cannot break the spells, barbarian.”

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

3/09/2020 9:51 am  #2563

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu hangs his head. “I cannot break the spells, barbarian.”

“ Then we must claim the sanctuary before we rest. If it’s clear that the beast men are gone, then we can risk the well. But it’s still best if we go carefully. This place has claimed many, including Sol, Emral, Tetrana, and now Igrest has wandered off unwisely. We stay together and we stay focused. We move camp to the room beside the dais, and prepare for tomorrow. It is our only choice.”

3/09/2020 10:41 am  #2564

“Be it as you will, Kondor. I trust in your strength and experience. I remember a roofed room adjoining the sanctuary. Perhaps we can camp therein.”

Gundrabu packs all belongings, distributing half the weight to Kondor, to hike to the sanctuary.

3/10/2020 11:12 am  #2565

Gundrabu pushes out into the courtyard, leading the way with Kondor's lantern. Kondor follows with his sword sheathed, the firewood bundle bulky in his arms.

The bell seems to have an imperceptible red glow, so slight perhaps their eyes play tricks on them in this deep darkness.

Out through the cemetery and its gate, once again they trek toward the entrance doors, this time along the north wall.  The footing is thick with snow and the journey takes some time, fully loaded.

They find footprints galore at the entrance doors. All is quiet within.

3/10/2020 11:13 am  #2566

Did I ever get Kondor's recovered hit points?

3/11/2020 9:46 am  #2567

1d10: 3  (plus con, so I think 6?)

3/11/2020 11:13 am  #2568

fireinthedust wrote:

1d10: 3  (plus con, so I think 6?)

I show 11/23

Kondor HD is d12. Con bonus is +1.

Reroll. Aim for extremely high!

3/11/2020 3:08 pm  #2569

1d12: 10!  +1 is 11!!!

3/11/2020 5:03 pm  #2570

fireinthedust wrote:

1d12: 10!  +1 is 11!!!

Much better! Kondor got a good accidental rest, he'll need it. ;)

3/12/2020 11:28 am  #2571

Ooc: to the sanctuaryyyyyy!!!

Also: I hope it works that we’re heading over there first. I’m just getting a bit of cabin fever to get some answers for this place. If we can set up camp and we don’t get brutalized by beast men, we’re going to be in better shape to handle the bucket.

3/12/2020 2:51 pm  #2572

fireinthedust wrote:

Also: I hope it works that we’re heading over there first. I’m just getting a bit of cabin fever to get some answers for this place. If we can set up camp and we don’t get brutalized by beast men, we’re going to be in better shape to handle the bucket.

[Works for me! Though the Ref’s foreshadowing has me thinking that we’re going to be in an unavoidable loop of getting our butts kicked/recovering/getting our butts kicked/dying, ad infinitum. 😁]

3/12/2020 3:36 pm  #2573

Eirvit wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

[Works for me! Though the Ref’s foreshadowing has me thinking that we’re going to be in an unavoidable loop of getting our butts kicked/recovering/getting our butts kicked/dying, ad infinitum. 😁]

ooc:  Sure, but I'm not sure what else to do. Think about it: we can't leave the ruins without dying of horrific cold - both of us from frozen world cultures. We have to make it through the combat, win or lose. If we can get that water done and short out the wards on that door, we can fight different people!  Woo!

3/12/2020 3:50 pm  #2574

fireinthedust wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc:  Sure, but I'm not sure what else to do. Think about it: we can't leave the ruins without dying of horrific cold - both of us from frozen world cultures. We have to make it through the combat, win or lose. If we can get that water done and short out the wards on that door, we can fight different people!  Woo!

Lol! 😂

3/12/2020 3:56 pm  #2575

Eirvit wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

Lol! 😂

HaHaHa! Love it.
The agony of the DM: everything is right out there in the open, if only someone would read the tea leaves....
Awesome that Kondor and Gundrabu are taking stock of the situation!

3/12/2020 4:01 pm  #2576

Eirvit wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

No way...

In fact, the sanctuary is silent and still...

Kondor notices sets of Beast Men prints in the snow leading away toward the far wood and the rolling hills rising beyond to the east.

Kondor roll d6.

3/12/2020 6:04 pm  #2577

Iron Ranger wrote:

HaHaHa! Love it.
The agony of the DM: everything is right out there in the open, if only someone would read the tea leaves....
Awesome that Kondor and Gundrabu are taking stock of the situation!

“Kondor,” muses Gundrabu. “If we succeed in gathering the Sea-foam of Khalk-xu, and if that fails to nullify the spell effects, perhaps there is something in those burned tomes in there. It might be worth a day of studious contemplation and prayer.”

3/12/2020 7:36 pm  #2578

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor roll d6.

d6: 5!  That's good?

3/12/2020 8:40 pm  #2579

Kondor detects a soft leather boot print among the beast men prints leading away.

3/13/2020 7:14 am  #2580

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor detects a soft leather boot print among the beast men prints leading away.

Like after the beast men, or chased by them, or even carried away by them?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.