!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2018 3:55 pm  #201

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I shoot again. This time with 2 attacks.
11 3 dam
21 4 dam

10/07/2018 4:30 pm  #202

fireinthedust wrote:

I rolled a 9 and for damage a 2. I don’t know what modifiers this system has for my attacks with a bastard sword, two handed.

Emral parried the flurry of dagger strikes, then swung his own blade. The attack was more about creating space, and the swordsman stepped away from them, to the front of the temp. Now they would have to bottle neck and come at him one at a time, or risk being vulnerable if they climbed over the pews.

“Try to trap them in the pews! If you get on the other side, we’ll crush them between us. Hammer and anvil!”

[your STR 15 gives you +1 to hit & +1 damage]

Emral swings with all his might but the half-skeletons duck and twist out of the path of the mighty sword.

[Emral crossed toward the blood in his last move, putting him in front of all the pews, these skeletons were lying in wait underneath the 2 front pews. So you and the skeletons are now in the middle of the church. The raised pulpit is directly behind you, and the 4 rows of pews between you(and the skeletons) and Malak.

End of round 1. State intentions & roll initiative (d6) please.

10/07/2018 4:32 pm  #203

achiriaco wrote:

I shoot again. This time with 2 attacks.
11 3 dam
21 4 dam

please wait for  Hyperborea order of operations. 

So Malak intends to fire 2 arrows during round 2. got it. roll initiative.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (10/07/2018 4:33 pm)

10/07/2018 5:04 pm  #204

10/07/2018 5:07 pm  #205

I roll 3 for initiative. Emral intends to attack twice with his bastard sword, which I was going to make his favorite weapon. I didn’t note it on his sheet as I didn’t remember to check class abilities. I can wait to roll attack rolls until my turn but I did roll while I rolled initiative.

10/07/2018 5:50 pm  #206

The half-skeleton wearing an arrow  turns to pounce toward Malak, but phase one stationary missiles are discharged. The first arrow misses- it but arrow 2 finds it mark.

[Emral weapon mastery of bastard sword. got  it.   & what spell is in your spell book?]

Emral gets 2 attacks this round. what were your rolls?

10/07/2018 5:53 pm  #207

[ because play by post might take forever - maybe we should declare actions and roll all rolls in single post - i'll figure out who got what off first and whatnot and report the round? ]

10/07/2018 6:16 pm  #208

Roll : 9+1; d: 1+1
Roll 2: 20+1; d: 10+1

10/07/2018 8:02 pm  #209

Iron Ranger wrote:

[ because play by post might take forever - maybe we should declare actions and roll all rolls in single post - i'll figure out who got what off first and whatnot and report the round? ]

Sounds like a plan to me.

10/07/2018 8:03 pm  #210

Emral's first swing misses all three remaining half-skeletons before him, but his return strike finds bone severing one of his foes through the spine; it falls in two pieces to the floor, dropping its dagger and not attempting to retrieve it.

The other 2 skeletons stab with fervor and Emral feels the bite of their steel, the rusty blades puncturing your armor and piercing his flesh, one stab in the side, another in the leg. -3HP & -1HP

The skeleton shot moves to Malak, managing to break the arrow restricting its arm and stabs wildly at the thief, who successfully dodges.

[end of round 2]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (10/07/2018 8:04 pm)

10/07/2018 8:07 pm  #211

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Sounds like a plan to me.

Did you pick Emral's spell yet?

10/07/2018 8:46 pm  #212

I’m going with burning hands. Can warlocks cast spells with a sword in one hand? Not bh but other spells?

10/07/2018 8:55 pm  #213

fireinthedust wrote:

I’m going with burning hands. Can warlocks cast spells with a sword in one hand? Not bh but other spells?

Great.

I cannot find a passage in the rules on this specifically.
Warlocks can cast in armor.
And there is discussion about being able to slide a small shield up a magician's arm.
More talk of Cleric/druid spells requiring less gesticulations...

So I'm going to say no to the 2 handed sword, but perhaps one of your smaller weapons.

10/07/2018 11:26 pm  #214

I will probably just plan around when to cast or draw my sword. Or get one of those ropes like kids have for their mittens, so I can let go but I won't lose it; because nothing says action hero like mittens?

10/07/2018 11:27 pm  #215

I attack then move back
16 modified

10/08/2018 7:50 am  #216

achiriaco wrote:

I attack then move back
16 modified

try to shoot an arrow at point blank or something else?
also, need your initiative roll

10/08/2018 8:38 am  #217

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

I attack then move back
16 modified

10/08/2018 6:45 pm  #218

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

I attack then move back
16 modified

ok I got you, you will parry against the beast as you back out of the church, giving you the +2 AC bonus.
Initiative is 5. 
Let's see what Emral will do against his 2 remaining attackers...

10/08/2018 8:53 pm  #219

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

ok I got you, you will parry against the beast as you back out of the church, giving you the +2 AC bonus.
Initiative is 5. 
Let's see what Emral will do against his 2 remaining attackers...

I am backing to see if he follows

10/08/2018 9:00 pm  #220

Fine, but Round 3 hasn't started yet, we haven't gotten Emral's post...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.