Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/23/2019 12:10 am  #2021


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor and Sol spilt XP.

1000 for the wizards lantern
And
4500 for the book of fine fettle


 
 

10/23/2019 8:47 am  #2022


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Book of fine fettle? Are those the leather socks?

 

10/23/2019 9:30 am  #2023


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Book of fine fettle? Are those the leather socks?

Sol has the book  Instructions for Fine Fettle. (See post#1937)

The leather socks were set upon the floor.
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/24/2019 9:53 am  #2024


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Book of fine fettle? Are those the leather socks?

Sol has the book  Instructions for Fine Fettle. (See post#1937)

The leather socks were set upon the floor.
 

  Oh yeah!

Kondor looks at the leather socks.  He tries them on, in case they are some useful wilderness gear.

 

10/24/2019 9:14 pm  #2025


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor peels his thrashed hard leather winter boots from his thick and calloused feet, their skin cracked from years of harsh winter.  He unfolds the supple leather socklettes and weighs the size. It might work, he thinks and slips them on. The leather caresses his feet, grabbing hold as only perfectly worn leather can. He admires them- A bit dainty for Barbarian work but gets to his feet nonetheless to try them out across the room...

Each step grips the hard stone as if glue were dabbled across the sole.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/24/2019 9:49 pm  #2026


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor frowns. “A bit too loud for hunting if they have glue on them. I’m certain they’re magic, but why would anyone want sticky feet... oh, wait, magicians are cheaters, and this is a cheat. Emral once told me that I climbed like a spider up walls. I wonder if some magician wanted to climb like a spider, to be some kind of spider-man, to be a kimmerian but without any of the exercise! Let’s find out!”

Kondor moves to the wall and puts his foot on it, to see if the glue will hold his weight. If so, then he mockingly climbs up like a cheating magician, pretending to be a spider, instead of how a real barbarian climbs with strength and skill.

 

10/24/2019 9:57 pm  #2027


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

It is exactly so.
Sol stands slack jawed as the mighty barbarian harnesses an ancient eldritch power  and walks straight up the wall!


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/25/2019 9:07 am  #2028


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

It is exactly so.
Sol stands slack jawed as the mighty barbarian harnesses an ancient eldritch power  and walks straight up the wall!

Kondor hops off and peels the slippers off with a note of disgust. He puts his own boots back on, then pushes the spider-climbing leather slippers over to Sol.

“There for your civilized sorcerer! All that magic to do something that they could have done if they never touched the stuff. I don’t need foulcraft to climb up a wall, no! See?”

He leaps up like a salmon and grabs the rope and pulls himself up. Then he calls down.

“Meaning no disrespect for you or my sword brother Emral, friend. He would find the slippers fascinating, I’m sure. But things like that make it too easy, until they stop being a help and you wake up withered and can’t do without.”

He looks around the roof.

Ooc: at last!  Plus if we had sol the first time, or a full party, we’d be here already. Glad you came, btw. Kondor is just being a Howard style barbarian.

Emral would have loved the boots, of course.

 

10/27/2019 10:22 am  #2029


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

XP for the Slippers of Spider Climbing is 900 so 450 a piece!

 


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/27/2019 10:27 am  #2030


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I show 

KONDOR  16/23 HP.  7612 XP.

Level 3. roll a HD+CON bonus.

 


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/27/2019 10:44 am  #2031


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The frigid wind bellows outside. And the tiny fire of hymnal pages flickers, dangerously close to extinguishing...

Sol still looks over his fine fettle book, torn between its enticing knowledge and the new spells swimming suddenly around in his head that he knows he should quickly etch onto some paper....

And Kondor hoists himself higher on the frozen rope leading to the roof.

When the sounds of soft footfalls on wood drift through the flapping tarp nailed across the doorway.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/27/2019 4:21 pm  #2032


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

The frigid wind bellows outside. And the tiny fire of hymnal pages flickers, dangerously close to extinguishing...

Sol still looks over his fine fettle book, torn between its enticing knowledge and the new spells swimming suddenly around in his head that he knows he should quickly etch onto some paper....

And Kondor hoists himself higher on the frozen rope leading to the roof.

When the sounds of soft footfalls on wood drift through the flapping tarp nailed across the doorway.

Is Kondor not on the roof yet, or just hoisting himself up the rope now?

 

10/27/2019 4:25 pm  #2033


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

He is still on the rope at the opening when they hear the footfalls.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/28/2019 8:45 am  #2034


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

ooc: I'm never going to see what's on the top of that roof...

IC:   Kondor slips down and draws his sword.  "Who goes there?" He calls as he moves to the curtain, peeking out.

 

10/28/2019 10:50 pm  #2035


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor's cackles go up as he senses movement in the corner of eye up on the bell tower.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/30/2019 4:50 pm  #2036


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor's cackles go up as he senses movement in the corner of eye up on the bell tower.

“I’m going up the rope, to see if I can get a better view,” Kondor said after describing the movement.

“Keep an eye from down here? Or join me up top?”

With that he climbs the rope.

 

10/30/2019 5:00 pm  #2037


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Sheathing his sword, Kondor doesn't wait for an answer and hoists himself up past the 2 frozen bodies. With practiced ease he pulls himself up into the frigid darkness. 

Snow covers the roof. He can just make out a large dark shape near the west edge which overlooks the cemetery.  There is a small dark figure climbing the last of the stairs in the belfry. The winds pick up and blow the long hairs of the black furs it wears.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/30/2019 10:14 pm  #2038


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Sheathing his sword, Kondor doesn't wait for an answer and hoists himself up past the 2 frozen bodies. With practiced ease he pulls himself up into the frigid darkness. 

Snow covers the roof. He can just make out a large dark shape near the west edge which overlooks the cemetery.  There is a small dark figure climbing the last of the stairs in the belfry. The winds pick up and blow the long hairs of the black furs it wears.

Kondor tries to make out the figure with his keen eyesight.  He ducks behind the shape on the west edge of the roof, so his presence doesn’t spook the figure climbing the tower.

He thinks about who it might be. Has Malak returned to the ruins?

He watches.  If the dark shape is a frozen body (which would not surprise him, given the rope and the hanging Picts) he will search carefully while monitoring the bell tower.

 

10/30/2019 11:24 pm  #2039


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Condor uses his barbaric instincts to move swiftly and unseen to the west edge in order to crouch behind what is a large sack, filled with, deduced by the slightest touch, metal of various makes.

The dark creature climbs to the topmost landing of the belfry and raises arms up to the bell. The wind whips into Kondor's eyes, tears running freely, blurring his vision. He swears he hears a tiny voice sporadic on the wind. Clear as glass, and fine as a silver thread. 

The  bell seems to brighten to a dull deep crimson. The voice again on the wind.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/31/2019 7:16 am  #2040


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor would use his dagger to open the sack while searching it, if needed.

When the barbarian sees the bell start to glow, he slips back into the room and then out the door.  He will move quickly to the tower, stalking up the stairs with his sword drawn. He wants to get a better look at this new figure.

 

Board footera





“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2019 North Wind Adventures, LLC.