!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2018 11:51 pm  #181

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"What do you see warlock?"

10/05/2018 9:25 am  #182

"The harp is melted, the door to the right is charred. Whoever killed Olo used magic. Maybe a fire trap on the door? I'll need your eyes on the doorway, make sure it's not still going."

10/05/2018 9:50 am  #183

-------------------------------------------------doorway-------
|     harp           \_____pulpit___ _/                         |
|                                                                              | 
|                                                                              |
|                                                 blood                     |
|     E     pew                              pew                       |
|            pew                              pew                       |
|                                 M                                           |
|  _____________doordoor_______________      |

Last edited by Iron Ranger (10/05/2018 9:51 am)

10/05/2018 9:53 am  #184

Malak has a better vantage on the far doorway. He sees no movement within.
The warlock eases up the left side of the pews toward the melted harp noticing the blood on the floor.

10/05/2018 11:23 am  #185

"I see no movement!"

10/05/2018 11:29 am  #186

(was the harp where Olo was killed, or was it the doorway?  I thought he'd gone right, not left. Does the trail lead from the harp towards the exit?)

The warlock looks around to see if there are drop marks on the floor, and gives a look up at the ceiling for anything crawling around up there.

If everything is clear, he waits for Malak to join him before they move towards the doorway.

10/05/2018 11:32 am  #187

Olo went straight up the middle from what I remember.
Make your way to the blood patch. I can cover the entrance and the center between the pews.

10/05/2018 11:41 am  #188

Olo walked up the center aisle between the 2 rows of pews and took a few steps to the right after he cleared them and fell beyond the first pew on the right,( which has an arrow sticking out of it that Malak fired blindly) - see his blood of pool on the map.

The harp has always flanked the pulpit on the left. The doorway on the right.

I don't know what trail you are talking about, there is no trail.

Malak never entered, and never saw Olo on the floor after he fell.

See map - I'm holding Warlock at the first pew on his way to the harp. because I don't think everyone is clear on the layout of the room. See map. 

Malak covers from the main entrance.

--------""The warlock looks around to see if there are drop marks on the floor, and gives a look up at the ceiling for anything crawling around up there.

If everything is clear, he waits for Malak to join him before they move towards the doorway.""-------

The floor is littered with water damaged books and loose papers and ceiling debris only - and ?Olo's? pool of blood (which is undisturbed/no footprints or slide marks of any kind.)

The ceiling has collapsed over time, there are rafters at about 15ft up but nothing is climbing on them.
Freezing sleet falls from the darkening sky, collecting in uneven mounds across the floor.

10/05/2018 12:12 pm  #189

I stand. Watching and ready

10/06/2018 10:49 am  #190

That makes sense, thanks for clarifying. Oooookay, so there are zero marks on the floor, and Olo *didn't* drag himself over to the doorway?  And there's no obvious signs of disturbance, like footprints or marks like someone picked the body up and brought it over to the doorway?  

Emral moves over to the bloodstain and looks through the doorway. If nothing happens before that, he motions Malak to come follow him.

10/06/2018 2:12 pm  #191

Emral approaches the pool of blood, keeping one eye on the far doorway. 

Out of the corner of his vision he senses sudden movement under the left pew beside him and he feels the sharp, slicing pressure across the back of his heavy boot.

[both characters roll 2d6]

10/06/2018 3:04 pm  #192

10/06/2018 10:58 pm  #193

6, 1

10/07/2018 1:00 am  #194

I wait. Arrow ready

10/07/2018 9:59 am  #195

Two sooted skeletons explode from under the left pew, at Emral's feet. And 2 more scuttle out from the pew on the right!

Assuming that the lamp is down on the floor since Malak is at the ready with his bow, their shadows loom large on the raised pulpit and across the back wall, but in fact they are only half your height but seem extremely agile, slicing wildly at Emral with their rusty daggers.

Neither Emral nor Malak is surprized (sic), but both have lost initiative. 

The skeletons rage on Emral in a flurry of blades. Luckily, he successfully defends himself against all blows --but the skeletons will not be deterred by luck....

10/07/2018 11:34 am  #196

I shoot as fast as I can at the skeletons

10/07/2018 1:16 pm  #197

achiriaco wrote:

I shoot as fast as I can at the skeletons

His arrow is loosed in the direction of the 4 half sized skeletons surrounding Emral.
Roll d20 w/ adjusts for impact.
(and in future call your action and roll in same post, if there is overrule I'll let you know.)

10/07/2018 2:55 pm  #198

10/07/2018 3:02 pm  #199

achiriaco wrote:

YES! This arrow was extremely well crafted. It flies true to aim, slipping effortlessly between 2 ribs and wedging against its humerus, rendering the dagger arm useless against Emral.

Downside, now it knows you are there...

(subtract another arrow)

10/07/2018 3:44 pm  #200

I rolled a 9 and for damage a 2.  I don’t know what modifiers this system has for my attacks with a bastard sword, two handed.

Emral parried the flurry of dagger strikes, then swung his own blade.  The attack was more about creating space, and the swordsman stepped away from them, to the front of the temp. Now they would have to bottle neck and come at him one at a time, or risk being vulnerable if they climbed over the pews.

“Try to trap them in the pews! If you get on the other side, we’ll crush them between us. Hammer and anvil!”

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.