!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2014 9:08 am  #21

Re: Who wants to try my Smart Character Sheet?

I shared the sheet with Ghul last weekend. He seemed quite pleased. We decided to add in Thieving Ability penalties for armor, notes about Armour-Clad sorcerors, point-blank missile weapons, and a few other goodies. I expect to finish up the next version this weekend.

Handy, if you're available for a real time session today or tomorrow after 6PM EST, let me know and I'll walk you through the sheet. That would be very helpful. Once we set a time, anyone else is free to join in and watch the webcast.

Last edited by Maezar (4/17/2014 9:08 am)

4/17/2014 9:13 am  #22

I would love to convert the characters I'm going to use at Origins to this format.  You have done yeomans work on this!  Thanks!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/17/2014 10:39 am  #23

Maezar wrote:

I shared the sheet with Ghul last weekend. He seemed quite pleased. We decided to add in Thieving Ability penalties for armor, notes about Armour-Clad sorcerors, point-blank missile weapons, and a few other goodies. I expect to finish up the next version this weekend.

Handy, if you're available for a real time session today or tomorrow after 6PM EST, let me know and I'll walk you through the sheet. That would be very helpful. Once we set a time, anyone else is free to join in and watch the webcast.

I might be able to do so today, depending on how long it would take (and what sort of things I'd have to install on my computer!). I have to finish my campaign journal and do some prep for Saturday's game, though. Let me know how long you think would be required, and I might be able to join you right at 6:00 EDT or slightly past.

4/17/2014 11:09 am  #24

Ha! OK, will do. Not sure I have gotomeeting installed, but I can handle that. I think my microphone has disappeared, but I'm pretty sure my phone cord stretches to my computer. That's right. A land line! I even have a rotary!

I could also probably set this up on the desktop, though most of my AS&SH stuff is on the laptop.

It's a very low-magic sandbox, my apartment.

4/17/2014 8:01 pm  #25

Maezar, Ghul, that was a great conversation. Maezar has done some really amazing work on this sheet, all. If anyone has the time and chance to have a GoToMeeting session with him and provide feedback, I heartily recommend it. He, Ghul, and I figured out a few bugs and found some places to improve even in the short time we had. It's great stuff. We will post the character I'm playing in Jason's PbP game ASAP! Awesome work, man!

4/19/2014 9:27 am  #26

Review from one my players:

"That sheet looks awesome. Will make character generation a snap."

A celebrity endorsement!

I still strongly urge anyone who can to have a GoToMeeting session with Maezar to keep putting this thing through its paces. He's doing a fantastic service for the AS&SH community. Sure, we're a bunch of degenerates, but that makes it even nicer of him to help us out!

4/19/2014 9:43 am  #27

Yes, what he is doing is nothing short of phenomenal. He is the true Jedi Master of the spreadsheet, programming stipulations and contingenices galore. He's don't a fantastic job.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/19/2014 9:57 am  #28

Hello All,

I thought I'd whet your appetites by sharing the results of our quick session the other day. 

http://mysticworks.com/ASS&H/Verctissa.pdf

If anyone is interested, we could do a session tonight. Reply below. A few more sessions should help iron out any last remaining issues and I'll share the Excel master!

"...that we should write new words instead of copying old numbers."

--
M

4/19/2014 10:04 am  #29

It looks great. Question, how does it work for printing when you have page 1 + 2 portrait, page 3 landscape?

4/19/2014 10:26 am  #30

Page 1+2 are a single Excel worksheet and therefore printed in a single pass (double sided if your printer supports it).

Page 3 is optional -- a separate sheet in the workbook. It therefore requires you to send a second PRINT command. When you do, it's separate properties enable it to be printed automatically in the correct orientation.

4/19/2014 11:48 am  #31

Maezar wrote:

Page 1+2 are a single Excel worksheet and therefore printed in a single pass (double sided if your printer supports it).

Page 3 is optional -- a separate sheet in the workbook. It therefore requires you to send a second PRINT command. When you do, it's separate properties enable it to be printed automatically in the correct orientation.

My players were pretty exited about having a fillable CS.  I am super jazzed!  What time would the call be this evening and would the numbers / password be the same as above?

I assume you would like to have us review the sheet for possible errors?  Thanks.

While in my soul forever

4/19/2014 12:02 pm  #32

I think tonight would need to be a bit later, say 9PM EST? If that works for you, I'll make a new meeting and post it here. Feel free to invite one or more of your players to join in. The best testing is transcibing existing characters into the new format.

4/19/2014 7:59 pm  #33

My chances are slim this time around. Wife just arrived with carload of groceries, two children to put to bed, and some choice adult beverages to consume after the little ones are in.

4/19/2014 8:01 pm  #34

Near synchronicity: I just unpacked a case of Saison, raced a carfull of groceries to the cupboard, and handed off the kiddies for book and bed so I could try to get this going for Mabon and me.

ALL ARE WELCOME.

4/19/2014 8:18 pm  #35

I just got the message. I also have stuff that came up.  Very sorry.

While in my soul forever

4/19/2014 8:18 pm  #36

Not a problem at all! Another time

4/19/2014 11:09 pm  #37

Maezar, I just e-mailed you and one of my players, who is very interested. Maybe you guys can do a GoToMeeting. He is, unfortunately, in need of a character.

4/21/2014 9:47 pm  #38

OK Great. I sent you both an email. 
Here is my new banner design for the sheet top:

4/22/2014 5:17 am  #39

Very nice, Maezar!

4/22/2014 5:08 pm  #40

Thanks Ghul. The banner was inspired by your post of the Astonishing Tales comic.
One of my friends thought it looked a bit pedestrian previously.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.