!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2018 8:46 am  #1

Gen Con 2018

I'll be running an event or five at Gen Con!

8/3/18     10am   RPG18127254    Slade's Cup  AS&SH
8/3/18     4pm     RPG18126390    Jonny Quest and the Pirates of Mars   Hollow Earth Expedition
8/3/18     6pm     RPG18126391    Jonny Quest and the Pirates of Mars   Hollow Earth Expedition
8/3/18     8pm     RPG18126392    Thundarr and the Tyranny of the Gloom Wizards   Hollow Earth Expedition
8/3/18     10pm   RPG18126393    Thundarr and the Tyranny of the Gloom Wizards   Hollow Earth Expedition

Slade’s Cup:  A cup, broken at a convocation of demon princes, is the only remnant of their non-aggression pact.  Each of the princes took a shard as a reminder leaving only one on the floor of Slade’s Hostelry. The aging reaver would begin a most arduous pursuit.  Over the centuries the cup has been reassembled by Slade and his heirs that followed.  The heroes must retrieve the final piece.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/10/2018 11:38 am  #2

Re: Gen Con 2018

Very nice! I appreciate the AS&SH event, mabon5127!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/11/2018 1:01 pm  #3

mabon5127 wrote:

Slade’s Cup:  A cup, broken at a convocation of demon princes, is the only remnant of their non-aggression pact.  Each of the princes took a shard as a reminder leaving only one on the floor of Slade’s Hostelry. The aging reaver would begin a most arduous pursuit.  Over the centuries the cup has been reassembled by Slade and his heirs that followed.  The heroes must retrieve the final piece.

...requiring a descent into the Abyss itself, or did you have something more R'lyeh-like in mind?

Allan.

4/11/2018 4:40 pm  #4

grodog wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

...requiring a descent into the Abyss itself, or did you have something more R'lyeh-like in mind?

Allan.

The adventure comes from extending the bit of Swampgate history in the core book concerning Slade's Hostelry.

The demon princes have dwellings on Hyperborea and simply stopped warring against each other to pursue other goals when the pact was made.   The characters will be given the nearly assembled cup and the location of the remaining piece.  They must choose their route from Khromarium to Vhuurmithadon. The choice of route changes the adventure though it ends in the same place.  The demon prince possessing the remaining piece has a fortress carved in the rock face of Vhuurmithadon high above the entrance to Underborea (the home of Xathoqqua)   There they must battle the remnants of the prince's guardians to find the piece and make the cup whole.

Thanks for asking!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/25/2018 7:53 pm  #5

Slade's Cup sounds cool. And I see Dark Tower too. Anybody else planning on running AS&SH games at Gen Con?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.