!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2018 10:40 pm  #1

PDF of the map

Hi, I just bought the book and have been reading it non-stop.  I should mention I had never heard of the system and was doing some research on a new set of rules to start with for a Conan campaign. I came across this guys google+ page  https://plus.google.com/103023393131901177911/posts/AuPnUUZQSJ9
where his group went through four or five game systems trying to find a good match for their group and his review of AS&SH was what led me to purchase the book!  He ranked it number one, beating Zefrs and Conan 2d20 pretty easily.

I have a couple of questions I could not find by searching the forums.
1. The map that comes with the book is 32x40.  This seems like a custom frame size or is there a place out there somewhere to get poster frames for this map?
2. Is there a pdf map anywhere that I can look at while reading the book to get a lay of the land?  I did not see a map page in the book to reference to when reading the Gazetteer. 

Thanks for helping a noob!

Last edited by Kradonus (2/12/2018 10:50 pm)

2/12/2018 11:26 pm  #2

Re: PDF of the map

Kradonus wrote:

. The map that comes with the book is 32x40.  This seems like a custom frame size or is there a place out there somewhere to get poster frames for this map? 

The map is a weird custom size. My sister manages a framing shop and it still cost me a bundle because I had to order a custom frame. That said it's a beautiful map and I have no regrets. If it wasn't such a oddball size I'd buy a second map to laminate for player use. 

Kradonus wrote:

2. Is there a pdf map anywhere that I can look at while reading the book to get a lay of the land?  I did not see a map page in the book to reference to when reading the Gazetteer. 

The 2e pdf of AS&SH comes with a nice pdf map.  

2/13/2018 1:07 am  #3

Oh hey I almost forgot, here is a nice easily printed map of Hyperborea that I use for quick reference and player handout.  

2/13/2018 1:16 am  #4

Cool thanks, that is basically what I was looking for.  Is there a coupon or something to get the pdf if you buy the hardback book? I am guessing probably not.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.