!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/09/2017 4:56 pm  #1

NTRPG Con X (2018)

NTRPG Con X's scheduled for June 7-10, 2018 at the Westin in Irving, TX, right near the Dallas/Fort Worth Intl Airport. We really had a great time this year and I hope everyone can attend next year. If you're already thinking of coming, are you planning to run anything? If so, what and when? As usual, let's coordinate as much as possible.

Registration's open at the main site and the Westin's taking reservations at the convention rate (links below). Doug and Mike are offering an early bird discount until Oct. 31, so convention tickets are $60, down from $80. Plus, they're only offering 420 spots. Would not be surprised if it sells out this year.

NTRPG Con Homepage

Westin Homepage

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

6/10/2017 8:18 am  #2

Re: NTRPG Con X (2018)

Chainsaw wrote:

...convention tickets are $60, down from $80. Plus, they're only offering 420 spots. Would not be surprised if it sells out this year.

NTRPG Con Homepage

Westin Homepage

Would not surprise me either, but I just checked and the full weekend tickets are set at $80. 

Either way, it's worth it. \m/

"We're always creating rules in the tacit pursuit of verisimilitude. This is a valid and noble pursuit.
But for some of us, that's a false idol. We harken to a different song." - Frank Mentzer, 2017

6/10/2017 8:45 am  #3

blackmote wrote:

I just checked and the full weekend tickets are set at $80.

Did you click all the way through, Hoyt? From the main site, click Con / Game Registration, which takes you to Table Top, where you click Buy Badges, then Buy Attendee, then after filling out the form info on that page, click the little blue text at the bottom that says "Early Bird Discount (20% off)" right above the Add to Cart button. If that doesn't work, let me know.

6/11/2017 4:49 pm  #4

Submitted events:

Schedule
Thurs 1PM-6PM - Taken from Dunwich

Fri 1PM-6PM - Crash at Corpse Creek
Fri 8PM-whenever - Foolsgrave

Sat 1PM-6PM - The Strange Tale of Crystal Point
Sat 8PM-whenever - Foolsgrave

Descriptions
Crash at Corpse Creek. A strange object has fallen from the stars, crashing into the cold, haunted swamp of Corpse Creek. Several curious trappers from a nearby camp went to investigate, but none have returned. The remainder have hired your group to find their friends, but they warn you that Corpse Creek teems with the living dead and that its strange bugs have awakened early from their winter freeze, including some giant varieties never seen before in Hyperborea. A site-based adventure for up to six player characters of levels 3-5.

Foolsgrave. Khromarium's mysterious spiraling towers of black gneiss predate mankind, an ever-present reminder of how strange and alien things once ruled Hyperborea. During the Festival of Plutonia, a sombre commemoration of death, darkness and the all-consuming void, one such tower's impenetrable doors slowly creaked open, admitting anyone brave enough to descend into its depths. Many have entered, but few have returned - some with wealth overflowing, others simply mad, drooling and babbling. Locals now refer to the labyrinth as Foolsgrave. A megadungeon crawl for up to eight player characters of levels 1-3.

The Strange Tale of Crystal Point. In the far reaches of Hyperborea's Crab Archipelago, lies a small, mountainous island known as Crystal Point. Passing sailors have recently seen a crimson glow in Crystal Point's waters, beams of reddish-brown light shining up from its steep cliffs and frequent lightning storms overhead. One famous sage believes Crystal Point may hide the lost treasure of Atlantis! Eager for adventure and treasure, you agreed to explore the island and, after a long journey, have finally set foot on its rocky beach. A site-based adventure for player characters of levels 7-9.

Taken from Dunwich. Murder, mayhem, and abduction! After the Keltic village of Dunwich is victimized by the vhuurmis, degenerate quasi-men covered in umber-coloured fur, local druids offer land and title to those brave souls who would repair the situation. The vhuurmis are considered witless savages, seemingly incapable of organized incursions, but these particular brutes attacked with purpose and precision, taking men from Dunwich, and slaying any who opposed their black will. A site-based adventure for player characters of levels 4-7.

6/12/2017 11:16 am  #5

Doug has said that submitted/approved events are already becoming available for pre-purchase for badge holders. As with last year, half of the seats of any event become available for $5 until March 30. After that, any unsold seats from the first half and the remaining half of the game's seats becoming available for "free" on April 15, 12AM CST. Remember, that means staying up late on the night of April 14, then at 12AM CST, loading up your cart ASAP and crossing your fingers.

He said he would be approving any submitted events as they come in, so might be worthing checking their site periodically to see what new things have become available.

6/12/2017 1:44 pm  #6

Chainsaw wrote:

Death in Every Shadow. Some foul abomination has crawled out of Khromarium's ancient underbelly, feeding on men, women and children alike. Now it has crept into your uncle's cellar, taken him and disappeared back into the darkness below! Desperate to save your last living relative, or at least preserve your claim on his wealth, you enter the dank sewers, where death lurks in every shadow. A site-based adventure for up to six player characters of levels 1-3.

A New one....sounds fun!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

6/12/2017 2:09 pm  #7

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Death in Every Shadow. Some foul abomination has crawled out of Khromarium's ancient underbelly, feeding on men, women and children alike. Now it has crept into your uncle's cellar, taken him and disappeared back into the darkness below! Desperate to save your last living relative, or at least preserve your claim on his wealth, you enter the dank sewers, where death lurks in every shadow. A site-based adventure for up to six player characters of levels 1-3.

A New one....sounds fun!

Thanks! My hope is to create a decent-sized exploration area for low level adventurers, though beause of convention time constraints, this event features a single "mission" within that framework.

11/24/2017 9:17 am  #8

Updated my offerings. Replace Death in Every Shadow with Taken from Dunwich. Not making enough progress to offer the former. Maybe in 2019!

1/15/2018 8:08 am  #9

Sadly, a work conflict looks very likely to blow up my NTRPG Con trip, so I decided to cancel my games. For those of you that pre-registered, I apologize for any inconvenience. With any luck, I will see you in 2019 and make it up to you with a beer or two. 

1/15/2018 9:32 am  #10

Chainsaw wrote:

Sadly, a work conflict looks very likely to blow up my NTRPG Con trip, so I decided to cancel my games. For those of you that pre-registered, I apologize for any inconvenience. With any luck, I will see you in 2019 and make it up to you with a beer or two.

Perfectly understandable, Chainsaw. No need to apologize. Cheers!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

1/15/2018 11:34 am  #11

Chainsaw wrote:

I wasn't even going and I'm gonna miss ya!!! Ha!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

1/18/2018 10:50 am  #12

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Same!

1/18/2018 5:07 pm  #13

Handy Haversack wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Same!

You guys are too kind! 

1/18/2018 6:26 pm  #14

Chainsaw wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Same!

You guys are too kind!

Yeah, he's not that great. He just TPKs all your characters and then walks around smiling, drinking whiskey out of a skull.

1/19/2018 8:22 am  #15

Ghul wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Same!

You guys are too kind!

Yeah, he's not that great. He just TPKs all your characters and then walks around smiling, drinking whiskey out of a skull.

Yeah, but have you seen his thews? Take heed, dread necromancer!

1/19/2018 8:27 am  #16

Handy Haversack wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

You guys are too kind!

Mighty thews, indeed. 

1/19/2018 9:23 am  #17

Ghul wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

You guys are too kind!

Hey now! You TPK’d your home crew in Crystal Point, no doubt with a mug full of booze and smoking a stogie!

Ghul wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Mighty thews, indeed.

Thew you guys!

1/24/2018 3:45 pm  #18

Snagged a seat at Ghul's Xambaala, anybody else running anything?

1/24/2018 10:02 pm  #19

Iron Ranger wrote:

Sounds like we need an iron-thewed ranger to step to the plate and run a game! ;)

1/25/2018 3:48 pm  #20

Ghul wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Sounds like we need an iron-thewed ranger to step to the plate and run a game! ;)

Ha-ha! Maybe if I'm still first in line for those orange covers! ;P

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.