!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/11/2017 3:36 pm  #1

Automatons

So automatons for the most part are immune to sorcery - does this mean just spells cast by characters or all forms of magic such as from devices?  I'm thinking I should just go by the description of sorcery under saving throws but I was wondering if that was broad enough in this case.

5/13/2017 5:53 pm  #2

Re: Automatons

The intent was for the clay, iron, and stone automata (as well as the bronze automaton, a.k.a. minotron) to be immune to all spells except those specified as affecting each automaton type. An iron automaton is unharmed by magic missiles, for instance, whether from a sorcerer, a scroll, a wand, or a ring. Does that answer your question?

5/17/2017 11:33 pm  #3

Re: Automatons

I figured that was the intent but wanted to get clarification.  I guess things like radium pistols would be up the the individual DM. 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.