!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/31/2017 9:49 am  #61

Re: Gamehole V (2017)

GameHole’s almost here, folks! Very excited to see everyone and sling some dice.

gizmomathboy wrote:

Tried to get into Chainsaw's Friday Foolsgrave but it looks like event reg is closed. Oh well, sort it out when I get there I guess.

Don’t worry, man. Only one spot of six taken, so there should be plenty of space and I’d be honored to have you. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

10/31/2017 11:59 am  #62

You are just saying those nice words because I die in pretty, gruesome ways.

What? Me worry?

10/31/2017 12:13 pm  #63

gizmomathboy wrote:

You are just saying those nice words because I die in pretty, gruesome ways.

My Lawful Good nature compels to admit this is true.

11/01/2017 9:22 am  #64

Hey, Ar’Pharazon, what level is Descent into Krimmea for?

11/05/2017 9:08 pm  #65

Chainsaw wrote:

Darn it, I didn't see this until now - was too busy leading up to the con. Descent into Krimmea is for level 1. 

11/05/2017 9:46 pm  #66

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Darn it, I didn't see this until now - was too busy leading up to the con. Descent into Krimmea is for level 1. 

No worries! I figured it out.

Great seeing you and everyone else at GameHole this past weekend, man. Awesome time!

11/06/2017 7:44 am  #67

This was my first Gamehole, and it is a convention I'd like to return to, owing largely to the fact that there is a critical mass of good people running and playing AS&SH there.

I'd like to thank Ar'Pharazon, chainsaw, and Ghul for running great games.  I plan on running  one or more myself next year.

11/06/2017 12:11 pm  #68

It was great to have met you Francisca and thanks for attending (Ie dying in) my Krimmea game, it was a good time. I rather enjoyed gaming with you in Ghul's game as well! 

Thanks to all of those who put on AS&SH games at Gamehole. I and my friend really enjoyed playing in them. Everyone did a great job developing and running them.
From what I could tell, there were a number of people who played in the games that had never played Hyperborea and all seemed to enjoy themselves. Hopefully, this is really going to translate to a lot more butts in seats in future cons! 

11/06/2017 1:13 pm  #69

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

It was great to have met you Francisca and thanks for attending (Ie dying in) my Krimmea game, it was a good time. I rather enjoyed gaming with you in Ghul's game as well! 

Thanks to all of those who put on AS&SH games at Gamehole. I and my friend really enjoyed playing in them. Everyone did a great job developing and running them.
From what I could tell, there were a number of people who played in the games that had never played Hyperborea and all seemed to enjoy themselves. Hopefully, this is really going to translate to a lot more butts in seats in future cons! 

Yeah, I had a great time rolling the wrong "1"s.  LOL!

I agree about the people new to the game.  The new school guys I talked to seemed to enjoy it, and would play again.

And it's always nice to add guys like you to the "guys I'd be happy to game with again" list.

11/06/2017 3:28 pm  #70

francisca wrote:

And it's always nice to add guys like you to the "guys I'd be happy to game with again" list.

Agreed. I will indeed look forward to playing more games with you and running more TPK's, I mean games you play in. 

11/06/2017 8:27 pm  #71

I had a great time in Madison at Gamehole! Always enjoy catching up with old friends and meeting new ones. Had a blast in all of my games, so big thanks to everyone who played, especially Del with all his gruesome deaths! Can’t wait for next year. 

11/06/2017 10:35 pm  #72

Fantastic time at Gamehole for me!  It was tremendous fun to play in Chainsaw and Ghul's games this year!  Also a blast to meet francisca and game with him!  Fun to share beers with you all as well.  I still can't stop laughing about a spell my cleric cast in Ghul's game and loved exploring the environs of Chainsaw's game.  You all are great people and I can't wait to start my AS&SOH game for my home crew in most likely early 2018.  Hope to see you fine folk again at the upcoming Gary Con!

Other bands play, Manowar kill!

11/07/2017 6:48 am  #73

Gamehole was a great con, but it could not have been if it were not for everyone on the flip side of the the DM screen (even those of you who seemed to relish in my characters deaths!). A big round of applause to all of the DM's at Gamehole who ran AS&SH games... There was not a game that I didnt hear something GREAT about. 

I had a great time with great people all the way around. It was good to make some new friends (Michael, Shane, Paul, Mick, Mark, and others that escape me) and talk to those of you I met at Gary Con or before (Rich, Joe, Chainsaw, Jeff). This Con really stuck with me, for the great conversations I had with several of you, and I am so blessed to have been accepted into this great group of people. We really did "let the good times roll" and I appreciate the experience!

Last edited by mavfire (11/07/2017 6:52 am)

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

11/07/2017 10:02 am  #74

MrManowar wrote:

Fantastic time at Gamehole for me!  It was tremendous fun to play in Chainsaw and Ghul's games this year!  Also a blast to meet francisca and game with him!  Fun to share beers with you all as well.  I still can't stop laughing about a spell my cleric cast in Ghul's game and loved exploring the environs of Chainsaw's game.  You all are great people and I can't wait to start my AS&SOH game for my home crew in most likely early 2018.  Hope to see you fine folk again at the upcoming Gary Con!

It was great gaming with you again Cory. You were rocking it as a priest in Jeff's game. You and your buddy Chad sure know how to play casters!
Looking forward to gaming with you again at Gary Con!

11/07/2017 10:06 am  #75

mavfire wrote:

even those of you who seemed to relish in my characters deaths!

Whatever are you talking about...

mavfire wrote:

It was good to make some new friends

Thanks for signing up for my game, as I really enjoyed the chance to game with and hang out with you. I am looking forward to seeing you again at Gary Con!
Bring a dry erase marker with you, as we have a minor correction to make on a certain display..

11/07/2017 1:20 pm  #76

Chain, Del, Michael, sure was great to play my first AS&SH game with you guys. Hope to do it again soon!

-Mick

Last edited by M'Koth (11/07/2017 1:21 pm)

11/07/2017 2:04 pm  #77

M'Koth wrote:

Chain, Del, Michael, sure was great to play my first AS&SH game with you guys. Hope to do it again soon!

-Mick

Warlick tatoo'd on the forearm. Best. Carousing Fail. Ever.

Mick, it was great to meet you and a blast to game with you. I am certainly looking forward to doing it again soon. 

11/07/2017 6:43 pm  #78

MrManowar wrote:

Also a blast to meet francisca and game with him!

RIGHT BACK AT YOU BROTHER!

11/08/2017 10:24 am  #79

@mrmanowar – Glad you had a good time, Cory. I especially enjoyed that story about Command in Jeff’s session of Kraggoth Manor! This forever changes how I will implement that spell. Thanks again for the DOOM and can’t wait for Gary Con. /making Sign of Hammer

@mavfire – What a trooper – Del played in four of my games! One PC had his head knocked off by a giant carnivorous ape (later eaten and then used as a projectile that damaged Ar’Pharazon). Another had his throat slit and bled out in the mud. I think the two others lived, though, so I don’t know why he thinks I’m out to get him…

@M’Koth – Awesome meeting you, Mick! Your group really kicked ass in Foolsgrave. Plus you wound up with that totally metal tattoo! I hope to see you at Gary Con, man. I’ll be running Foolsgrave every night, but also offering the more traditional Crash at Corpse Creek and The Strange Tale of Crystal Point if the timing doesn’t work out.

@Ar’Pharazon – Always a fun time hanging out, Michael. I still can’t believe I rolled a natural 20 when my carnivorous ape hurled the remains of Del’s PC’s skull at you in Foolsgrave!

@francisca and gizmomathboy – Glad you two enjoyed Gamehole. I’m pumped that we’ll get to hang out twice a year now, at Gary Con and Gamehole. Make sure to bring your Foolsgave map, Joe, because between that yours, Josh’s and capitalbill’s, I think you have a pretty good path to some unexplored, treasure-rich areas. Anyway, looking forward to seeing you both in March!

11/08/2017 3:05 pm  #80

Chainsaw wrote:

@mrmanowar – Glad you had a good time, Cory. I especially enjoyed that story about Command in Jeff’s session of Kraggoth Manor! This forever changes how I will implement that spell. Thanks again for the DOOM and can’t wait for Gary Con. /making Sign of Hammer

@mavfire – What a trooper – Del played in four of my games! One PC had his head knocked off by a giant carnivorous ape (later eaten and then used as a projectile that damaged Ar’Pharazon). Another had his throat slit and bled out in the mud. I think the two others lived, though, so I don’t know why he thinks I’m out to get him…

@M’Koth – Awesome meeting you, Mick! Your group really kicked ass in Foolsgrave. Plus you wound up with that totally metal tattoo! I hope to see you at Gary Con, man. I’ll be running Foolsgrave every night, but also offering the more traditional Crash at Corpse Creek and The Strange Tale of Crystal Point if the timing doesn’t work out.

@Ar’Pharazon – Always a fun time hanging out, Michael. I still can’t believe I rolled a natural 20 when my carnivorous ape hurled the remains of Del’s PC’s skull at you in Foolsgrave!

@francisca and gizmomathboy – Glad you two enjoyed Gamehole. I’m pumped that we’ll get to hang out twice a year now, at Gary Con and Gamehole. Make sure to bring your Foolsgave map, Joe, because between that yours, Josh’s and capitalbill’s, I think you have a pretty good path to some unexplored, treasure-rich areas. Anyway, looking forward to seeing you both in March!

Sounds like a great convention!  Someday maybe.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.