!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2017 7:29 pm  #21

Re: Gamehole V (2017)

Ha! Jeff, this is Tim Deschene. I've already got one!

4/26/2017 9:06 pm  #22

mordegast wrote:

Ha! Jeff, this is Tim Deschene. I've already got one!

Why, you scoundrel! I should've known. Great to see you here, Tim! Everyone here is going to benefit from your AS&SH ideas and insights. Welcome!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/26/2017 9:21 pm  #23

mavfire wrote:

I am 80% sure I am in. Hope to see the lot of you again! 

Hope you can make it, Del!

4/27/2017 10:58 am  #24

I changed the structure of my offerings a little bit. Instead of one four-hour Foolsgrave game from 12-4 on F/S, I'm doing three two-hour sessions from 12-2,2-4,4-6 on F/S. My intent is to create a more flexible offering, where someone who wants to play all afternoon can do so but someone who only has a couple hours to spare can also do so. If it works like I'm hoping, I may do this at Gary Con as well. We'll see.

Chainsaw wrote:

I'm running:

Fri 12pm-2pm - Foolsgrave
Fri 2pm-4pm - Foolsgrave
Fri 4pm-6pm - Foolsgrave
Fri 8pm-12am - Corpse Creek

Sat 12pm-2pm - Foolsgrave
Sat 2pm-4pm - Foolsgrave
Sat 4pm-6pm - Foolsgrave
Sat 8pm-12pm - Crystal Point

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/27/2017 11:57 am  #25

Chainsaw wrote:

I changed the structure of my offerings a little bit. Instead of one four-hour Foolsgrave game from 12-4 on F/S, I'm doing three two-hour sessions from 12-2,2-4,4-6 on F/S. My intent is to create a more flexible offering, where someone who wants to play all afternoon can do so but someone who only has a couple hours to spare can also do so. If it works like I'm hoping, I may do this at Gary Con as well. We'll see.

Chainsaw wrote:

I'm running:

Fri 12pm-2pm - Foolsgrave
Fri 2pm-4pm - Foolsgrave
Fri 4pm-6pm - Foolsgrave
Fri 8pm-12am - Corpse Creek

Sat 12pm-2pm - Foolsgrave
Sat 2pm-4pm - Foolsgrave
Sat 4pm-6pm - Foolsgrave
Sat 8pm-12pm - Crystal Point

Good Idea.  I'd be interested in how this works out.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/27/2017 12:11 pm  #26

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Good Idea.  I'd be interested in how this works out.

Will do. I worry about a) people not understanding the concept during sign-ups, though I tried to make it clear in my event description text, and b) the system's event allowance not appreciating the difference in a two- and a four-hour event, such that someone has to burn the same amount of "currency" on them both. Apart from those concerns, I think the concept works well for this living megadungeon format, because it doesn't really have a beginning/end like a typical convention adventure.

5/26/2017 2:29 pm  #27

OK my friends, who is running a game of AS&SH, and when?

There is a chance we might be able to lock down our own dedicated space at the con, where all our events will be run from, which is super cool! 

And does anyone who is running an event at Game Hole V need an official AS&SH Referee T-shirt? You should be dressed for success! ;)

Cheers,
Jeff T.

5/27/2017 6:24 am  #28

Ghul wrote:

There is a chance we might be able to lock down our own dedicated space at the con, where all our events will be run from, which is super cool!

Wow, that's terrific! As you know, I'll be there running games from 12-6 and 8-12 on both Friday and Saturday.

6/10/2017 8:53 am  #29

Ghul wrote:

Wow, that's terrific! In light of this, I'm changing up my schedule a bit:

Fri 2pm-6pm: Foolsgrave
Fri 8pm-12pm: Crash at Corpse Creek

Sat 8am-12pm: Foolsgrave
Sat 2pm-6pm: Crash at Corpse Creek
Sat 8pm-12am: The Strange Tale of Crystal Point

7/04/2017 11:22 pm  #30

Ghul wrote:

And does anyone who is running an event at Game Hole V need an official AS&SH Referee T-shirt? You should be dressed for success! ;)

Cheers,
Jeff T.

Submitted Shooting Star Watcher for 8am-12pm on Friday and Saturday. Both have been approved.

I did not preface it with Hyperborea in the title of the event.

7/05/2017 7:11 am  #31

stahlnee wrote:

Submitted Shooting Star Watcher for 8am-12pm on Friday and Saturday. Both have been approved.

Nice! Is that an adventure you wrote?

If you want to give me the full description, I'll add it to the master Gamehole list (above).

7/05/2017 9:07 pm  #32

Yeap. Part set and part free flow. Ran it once at Nexus Game Fair and the group had a blast. The group only had 2 combats where in the end 4 of 6 were munched. Ran in 3hr 30mins

The first chapter of a multi chapter story. Running first chapter through GaryCon X (if I can fit in, otherwise will run it once or two offgrid) and then will start running the second chapter starting next Spring. Figure a new chapter each year.

Description (overall story)
Passed down through generations is the story of a group of individuals foretold as rediscovering the fabled Royal Library containing the complete knowledge and wisdom of ancient Hyperborean’s. This story is the basis for a variety of rumors and legends told by parents to their offspring to impart their tribal morals and ethics. Consequently, this cycle has repeated itself over the past millennia. As discovered during a teaching exercise where your teacher whispers a phrase into one child’s ear and then the child does same to the next. This process continues between each child in the entire class. When the last child speaks aloud the phrase, the phrase spoken is drastically different than what the teacher originally whispered.

Recently your group has had a consultation with the witch Laveau. During the consultation, the witch Laveau channeled an ancient Hyperborean whom was discussing with their teacher the futile nature of spending years making written records. The teacher explains to the student that after a civilization is extinct, the only thing that exists proving your existence is the written record.

Chapter description provide at the start of the event.

Last edited by stahlnee (7/05/2017 9:08 pm)

7/06/2017 7:37 am  #33

Sounds fun, man! I think the continuity's cool.

7/06/2017 5:34 pm  #34

Ok. Here's my contributions:
Escape from Kor:
Your group of Vikings raided deep into the heart of the City State of Kor, seeking ancient Hyperborean treasures long abandoned from the time of the Ashen Worm. Things were going according to plan until the apes discovered your presence and the alarm was sounded. The city has come alive with the sounds of countless angry apes descending on your location. Can you escape or will you fall victim to the hordes of apes coming after you? 

Descent into Krimmea:
Krimmea: The lost underground Kimmerian city that sealed itself from the outside world a thousand years ago when the Green Death ravaged the lands.Recently, Krimmeans have emerged from their city, bringing rare metals, fungi and other goods that are prized in the markets of Khromarium.Your party has been commissioned by a wealthy merchant along with Khromarium's most prominent sage, to explore Krimmea, bringing back information, maps and if possible, goods.

Schedule (all tentative as of this writing):
Thursday: Descent into Krimmea 6-10pm
Friday: Escape from Kor 10-2pm
Saturday: Descent into Krimmea 12-4pm
Sunday: Escape from Kor 8-12am.

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (7/06/2017 5:35 pm)

7/06/2017 6:31 pm  #35

Sounds great!  Escape from Kor sounds like 3 hour running skirmish, hold on to your hats! The Descent adventure sounds cool as well. I sounds like lots of negotiation and exploration.  Will there be lots of differing factions to deal with?

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

7/06/2017 6:52 pm  #36

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Ok. Here's my contributions:

Schedule (all tentative as of this writing):
Thursday: Descent into Krimmea 6-10pm
Friday: Escape from Kor 10-2pm
Saturday: Descent into Krimmea 12-4pm
Sunday: Escape from Kor 8-12am.

Nice, Michael! Those are really cool locations and fun ways to use them. 

Are the events only tentative because you're waiting on formal approval? Or because you're not sure if you intend to submit them as presented here? Asking because if it's the former, I'll go ahead and add them to the main list we have. I would be surprised if they're not approved.

7/06/2017 9:42 pm  #37

mabon5127 wrote:

Sounds great!  Escape from Kor sounds like 3 hour running skirmish, hold on to your hats!

Think Black Hawk Down meets Hyperborea. 

mabon5127 wrote:

Will there be lots of differing factions to deal with?

Absolutely! 

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (7/06/2017 9:44 pm)

7/06/2017 9:53 pm  #38

chainsaw wrote:

Are the events only tentative because you're waiting on formal approval? Or because you're not sure if you intend to submit them as presented here? Asking because if it's the former, I'll go ahead and add them to the main list we have. I would be surprised if they're not approved.

Tentative because I want to double check with Jeff that we'll have access to the Hyperborea room Thursday evening and I'd like to be running games at times when you guys are taking well earned breaks from your sessions, so there's always somebody running Hyperborea in the room during the Con. So if someone shifts their session times, I might shift mine to make sure there's still a game being run in the new opening. 

Also, tentative because I'm keeping the door open to changing my Thursday night game if somebody decides to run an off-grid game that I'd like to play in. 

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (7/06/2017 9:54 pm)

7/06/2017 9:58 pm  #39

I should also correct myself as Jeff has stated that we may get our own space for Hyperborea. If it turns out we do, then I'd like to make sure we have access to it Thursday. If not, I'll run it anyways but I might change the date or time. 

7/07/2017 8:16 am  #40

Ah, I see, I see. Makes sense. For now I'll add them to our top-of-thread summary as you have presented them here and if something changes, I'll change the summary as well. 

Did you submit any of them? Or not yet? If you submit your Fri/Sat/Sun games, it might help us secure a room. I think whether we get a room is somewhat contingent on whether there are enough games to warrant it.

Last edited by chainsaw (7/07/2017 9:08 am)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.