!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2017 10:54 am  #1

Gary Con X (2018)

Gary Con X's scheduled for March 8-11, 2018 at the Grand Geneva in Lake Geneva, WI. Always a great event - hope everyone can attend! If you're already thinking of attending, do you plan to run anything? If so, what and when? 

Gary Con Homepage

Grand Geneva Homepage

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/26/2017 12:47 pm  #2

Re: Gary Con X (2018)

I am planning to attend. And I just might run something this year. Probably AS&SH something or other. :-)

3/26/2017 1:10 pm  #3

Druvas wrote:

I am planning to attend. And I just might run something this year. Probably AS&SH something or other. :-)

Hope you can make it!

3/27/2017 8:21 am  #4

I am planning on attending again, would not miss it. 

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/27/2017 9:28 am  #5

Room reserved! One step closer to making it happen. Need to round up mah nerdz and see who wants to go. If I have a large enough group, we'll probably rent a van and make an all-day trip out of it. Think it's about 14 hours.

3/27/2017 11:10 am  #6

Reservation already made. I'll have to get new dice, though. These underperformed and led to many outlandish AS&SH deaths at the "hands" of zombies.

Jacques de Molay, Grand Master

3/27/2017 6:21 pm  #7

Anyone know the group code so the Grand Geneva website will show me availability?

3/27/2017 6:58 pm  #8

DMPrata wrote:

Anyone know the group code so the Grand Geneva website will show me availability?

Negative, I just called and they gave me the GC rate of $109/night.

3/27/2017 7:28 pm  #9

DMPrata wrote:

It may be that you actually have to call reservations.

3/28/2017 9:58 am  #10

As long as a work conflict does not prevent me from attending, I'm tentatively thinking what's below.

Weds 8PM-whenever - Foolsgrave (off grid)

Thurs 2PM-6PM - Death in Every Shadow
Thurs 8PM-whenever - Foolsgrave (off grid)

Fri 2PM-6PM - Death in Every Shadow
Fri 8PM-whenever - Foolsgrave (off grid)

Sat 9AM-1PM - Crash at Corpse Creek
Sat 2PM-6PM - The Strange Tale of Crystal Point
Sat 8PM-whenever - Foolsgrave

4/05/2017 2:44 pm  #11

Our rooms are booked! No idea what I'll run but likely will stick to my Thu. and Sun. plan.

4/05/2017 3:43 pm  #12

Handy Haversack wrote:

Our rooms are booked! No idea what I'll run but likely will stick to my Thu. and Sun. plan.

Money. Now I just need to secure a spot in your game(s)!

4/05/2017 5:34 pm  #13

I'll be back, and apparently running an off-grid AS&SH game set in Lankhmar, due to demand.

Hopefully I won't have any BS keeping me from half the con next year.

4/05/2017 6:50 pm  #14

Room reserved!!!  Now what to run.....

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/05/2017 7:38 pm  #15

Jacques de Molay wrote:

Reservation already made. I'll have to get new dice, though. These underperformed and led to many outlandish AS&SH deaths at the "hands" of zombies.

Nice 

Wow, GaryCon 2017 must have been quite the event judging by how early people are scheming for next year.

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

6/11/2017 9:48 pm  #16

Badge registration begins Saturday, June 17 at 12PM Central according to Luke's recent FaceBook post. Golds sold out last year, so if you think you need two featured events, might want to be ready to purchase one this Saturday.

Gold $160 (limited quantities): up to two featured events, shirt, stadium cup, swag bag

Silver $75: one featured event, no freebies

6/11/2017 10:03 pm  #17

Awesome! I cannot wait for next March! 

6/12/2017 6:32 am  #18

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Awesome! I cannot wait for next March! 

Me either!

Also, with badge registration opening up, event submission shouldn't be too far behind. Tentatively running the following AS&SH games:

Schedule
Weds 8PM-whenever - Foolsgrave (off grid; Ar'Pharazon, capitalbill, 4/6 remain)

Thurs 2PM-6PM - Death in Every Shadow
Thurs 8PM-whenever - Foolsgrave (off grid; Ar'Pharazon, Druvas, francisca, mordegast, capitalbill, 1/6 remain)

Fri 2PM-6PM - Death in Every Shadow
Fri 8PM-whenever - Foolsgrave (off grid; Ar'Pharazon, Druvas, francisca, mordegast, capitalbill, 1/6 remain)

Sat 9AM-1PM - Crash at Corpse Creek
Sat 2PM-6PM - The Strange Tale of Crystal Point
Sat 8PM-whenever - Foolsgrave

Descriptions
Crash at Corpse Creek. A strange object has fallen from the stars, crashing into the cold, haunted swamp of Corpse Creek. Several curious trappers from a nearby camp went to investigate, but none have returned. The remainder have hired your group to find their friends, but they warn you that Corpse Creek teems with the living dead and that its strange bugs have awakened early from their winter freeze, including some giant varieties never seen before in Hyperborea. A site-based adventure for up to six player characters of levels 3-5.

Death in Every Shadow. Some foul abomination has crawled out of Khromarium's ancient depths, feeding on men, women and children alike. Now it has crept into your uncle's cellar, taken him and disappeared back into the darkness below! Desperate to save your last living relative, or at least preserve your claim on his wealth, you enter the dank undercity, where death lurks in every shadow. A site-based adventure for up to six player characters of levels 1-3.

Foolsgrave. Khromarium's mysterious spiraling towers of black gneiss predate mankind, an ever-present reminder of how strange and alien things once ruled Hyperborea. During the Festival of Plutonia, a sombre commemoration of death, darkness and the all-consuming void, one such tower's impenetrable doors slowly creaked open, admitting anyone brave enough to descend into its depths. Many have entered, but few have returned - some with wealth overflowing, others simply mad, drooling and babbling. Locals now refer to the labyrinth as Foolsgrave. A megadungeon crawl for up to eight player characters of levels 1-3.

The Strange Tale of Crystal Point. In the far reaches of Hyperborea's Crab Archipelago, lies a small, mountainous island known as Crystal Point. Passing sailors have recently seen a crimson glow in Crystal Point's waters, beams of reddish-brown light shining up from its steep cliffs and frequent lightning storms overhead. One famous sage believes Crystal Point may hold the ruins of a lost Atlantean colony - and its secrets! Eager for adventure and treasure, you agreed to explore the island and, after a long journey, have finally set foot on its rocky beach. A site-based adventure for up to six player characters of levels 7-9.

7/17/2017 7:49 am  #19

I'm not sure if I'll be running it Friday or Saturday but I'll be running Descent into Krimmea at Gary Con. As I figure out my schedule with the 3 other games I want to run, I'll post here what day/time slot for DiK.

Descent into Krimmea:
Krimmea: The lost underground Kimmerian city that sealed itself from the outside world a thousand years ago when the Green Death ravaged the lands.Recently, Krimmeans have emerged from their city, bringing rare metals, fungi and other goods that are prized in the markets of Khromarium.Your party has been commissioned by a wealthy merchant along with Khromarium's most prominent sage, to explore Krimmea, bringing back information, maps and if possible, goods.

7/17/2017 8:10 am  #20

chainsaw wrote:

Death in Every Shadow. Some foul abomination has crawled out of Khromarium's ancient depths, feeding on men, women and children alike. Now it has crept into your uncle's cellar, taken him and disappeared back into the darkness below! Desperate to save your last living relative, or at least preserve your claim on his wealth, you enter the dank undercity, where death lurks in every shadow. A site-based adventure for up to six player characters of levels 1-3.

This sounds fun!  What is a site-based adventure specifically?

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.