Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/23/2019 5:42 am  #501


Re: Introduction Thread

Hail and welcome, I am great fan of LotR also, what a small world!

 

6/23/2019 11:14 am  #502


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Crawdad! Where are you from, there are definitely groups out there!
Besides Roll20 and PbP forums.
Welcome and good luck!
--Ron--


"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
Unseen Servant for all your PbP needs.
 

6/23/2019 11:25 am  #503


Re: Introduction Thread

Crawdad wrote:

I just need a group to play this with!

I've a group using the AS&SH engine in Smith's Zothique setting. We play Sunday evenings on rotating weeks on Roll20. We're playing tonight actually. PM if you are interested in joining us.
 


"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax
 

6/23/2019 5:04 pm  #504


Re: Introduction Thread

rredmond wrote:

Welcome Crawdad! Where are you from, there are definitely groups out there!
Besides Roll20 and PbP forums.
Welcome and good luck!
--Ron--

I’m from Virginia, in the USA. I can’t do the online games as I’m deaf. So the PbP forums is what I’m confined to. I have GM’d plenty of face to face games (I wear a hearing aide) and can run a PbP AS&SH adventure of my own design if I can get enough interest.
 



  • "To the mistress of all true adventurers!" he whispered, choking on his own blood. "To the Lady Death!"
 

6/23/2019 5:24 pm  #505


Re: Introduction Thread

I'm sure you'll find interest
There were players in search of a 2E AS&SH game on Unseen Servant, and there's several games rockin' here. Let me know if you start one here and I'll let the folks over there know, just in case they are still interested.
Good luck! PbP of generally my preferred games right now, because it's easy on the schedule and because I can try new games without knowing the rules too well. Learn as you play! 
Be well Crawdad!
--Ron--


"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
Unseen Servant for all your PbP needs.
 

6/23/2019 5:34 pm  #506


Re: Introduction Thread

rredmond wrote:

I'm sure you'll find interest
There were players in search of a 2E AS&SH game on Unseen Servant, and there's several games rockin' here. Let me know if you start one here and I'll let the folks over there know, just in case they are still interested.
Good luck! PbP of generally my preferred games right now, because it's easy on the schedule and because I can try new games without knowing the rules too well. Learn as you play! 
Be well Crawdad!
--Ron--

Thanks a plenty for the feedback. Who/where do I go about starting a new game here?
 



  • "To the mistress of all true adventurers!" he whispered, choking on his own blood. "To the Lady Death!"
 

6/23/2019 6:08 pm  #507


Re: Introduction Thread

I'm not sure of the proper way, but I'd hit up Ghul or Chainsaw with a PM.
Both cool guys and if they can't help you set it up, they'll direct you who to go to.
Good luck Crawdad!!


"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
Unseen Servant for all your PbP needs.
 

6/24/2019 8:40 am  #508


Re: Introduction Thread

Crawdad wrote:

I’m from Virginia, in the USA. I can’t do the online games as I’m deaf. So the PbP forums is what I’m confined to. I have GM’d plenty of face to face games (I wear a hearing aide) and can run a PbP AS&SH adventure of my own design if I can get enough interest.
 

Definitely interested in a PbP if roleplay and character development is encouraged.


"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax
 

6/24/2019 1:33 pm  #509


Re: Introduction Thread

Jimm.Iblis wrote:

Crawdad wrote:

I’m from Virginia, in the USA. I can’t do the online games as I’m deaf. So the PbP forums is what I’m confined to. I have GM’d plenty of face to face games (I wear a hearing aide) and can run a PbP AS&SH adventure of my own design if I can get enough interest.
 

Definitely interested in a PbP if roleplay and character development is encouraged.

I’ll be taking you up on that offer then.  I thrive on roleplay and character development.  Just need a couple more players. If need be, I can run two players. I intend to run smaller, much smaller adventures than say, a dungeon that would take years in real time to finish.
 



  • "To the mistress of all true adventurers!" he whispered, choking on his own blood. "To the Lady Death!"
 

6/24/2019 5:29 pm  #510


Re: Introduction Thread

Crawdad wrote:

Hey all, Crawdad here.  After a long hiatus from RPGs, I wanted to do something different than LOTR inspired games and backed the Kickstarter for 2e.  I love this game!  I just need a group to play this with!  Anyhoo, wanted to drop in and say hi.

Welcome, Crawdad. We have a great group of folks here. If you have any questions, ask away. 

We have no formal procedure here for starting a PbP game, simply create a thread in the Play-by-Post forum. If you need more than a thread or two, it might be possible to create a sub-forum within the main Play-by-Post forum (I would PM Ghul in that case).


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

6/25/2019 5:20 pm  #511


Re: Introduction Thread

Crawdad wrote:

Hey all, Crawdad here. After a long hiatus from RPGs, I wanted to do something different than LOTR inspired games and backed the Kickstarter for 2e. I love this game! I just need a group to play this with! Anyhoo, wanted to drop in and say hi.

Welcome Crawdad!
 


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

6/25/2019 9:41 pm  #512


Re: Introduction Thread

Crawdad wrote:

Just need a couple more players. If need be, I can run two players. I intend to run smaller, much smaller adventures than say, a dungeon that would take years in real time to finish.
 

Start a PbP and I'll join.

 

7/12/2019 8:51 pm  #513


Re: Introduction Thread

tomas wrote:

Crawdad wrote:

Just need a couple more players. If need be, I can run two players. I intend to run smaller, much smaller adventures than say, a dungeon that would take years in real time to finish.
 

Start a PbP and I'll join.

I'm in too!
but Crawdad don't hold out forever, I've started 2 pbp on here with only one player - had a second join one game along the way, but sadly it's crickets most of the time....


3d6 straight.
 

7/13/2019 3:07 pm  #514


Re: Introduction Thread

Crawdad, I sent you my PC last sunday. If it passes muster I'm ready.

 

8/19/2019 1:00 pm  #515


Re: Introduction Thread

What's the best place to look for games?  my ideal night is Saturday night, I could do a roll20 - I'm in the DFW area.  Thanks!


Missing Hackmaster 4e.
 

8/19/2019 6:35 pm  #516


Re: Introduction Thread

Other than on this forum, finding an AS&SH game, is difficult. I know of only 3 GM's that routinely run AS&SH on Roll20 And one is on Hiatus till hopefully only Fall, and the other two had full games that I know of. (I'm in one, and was going to be in the other, but the day is a conflict with real life). You can try looking on Roll20 Directly to see if anyone else is starting up a game. Also, I may be starting up play testing on Roll20 sometime this fall for an upcoming module I'm writing. You can also try some of the other more traditional "LFG" forums, like the Reddit community, and if you advertise that your looking for something in the DFW area, you may get into a more traditional D&D game that maybe you can convince to try AS&SH...

Bob

Last edited by BlackKnight (8/19/2019 6:36 pm)


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Tabletop games for 40+ years...
 

8/19/2019 6:41 pm  #517


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome, Kevmo! Perhaps someone from the DFW area will chime in, seems like I met a few local fans at NTRPG Con. You might also try posting in The Tavern, our forum for those seeking to organize face-to-face meet-ups and online games (G+, Roll20, etc.).


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

8/20/2019 8:34 am  #518


Re: Introduction Thread

Looking for or starting up a PbP game is always an option too. Not one that everyone likes, but there are a few of us out there.
--Ron--


"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
Unseen Servant for all your PbP needs.
 

8/21/2019 9:53 am  #519


Re: Introduction Thread

Thanks to all - just got the referee package and was a backer of the otherworldly kickstarter. 


Missing Hackmaster 4e.
 

8/21/2019 9:55 am  #520


Re: Introduction Thread

Kevmo wrote:

Thanks to all - just got the referee package and was a backer of the otherworldly kickstarter. 

Nice!


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

Board footera





“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2019 North Wind Adventures, LLC.