!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2018 2:08 pm  #21

Re: Heswor Vignettes

Some thoughts I had the other day while listening to Orange Goblin some more

Orange Goblins

This tribe/faction are the most feared because they relentless hunt Chronomancers.

It is an open secret that the first chronomancer was an Orange Goblin. It is this stain on their honor that drives them to hunt down and kill chronomancers without mercy.

It is rumored that because Orange Goblin Warp Riders generally find and make use of Time Gates/Warps the most naturally. Use of them isn't forbidden because they traverse to Whens that are stable and most resistant to Time Warps. Also, even with the ability to Warp Rider these Gates are very distant from each other and can't be Warped to/from as well.

One does not talk about Chronomancy and how that it was an Orange Goblin that created the First Heresy in the presence of Orange Goblins. One can...but one may not be able to talk for long afterwards.

What? Me worry?

7/18/2018 2:45 pm  #22

Huh, I mentioned my thoughts on the green diamonds in another thread just now.

I thought I had posited other power sources for the bikes. He it seems I didn't.

I guess I'll just plop those down here.

Basically, there are other diamonds and gems like the green diamonds from the Ghost Ship module. Basically the same idea, but different colors and such. Their color and type will influence their use and effects.

I don't recall any specifics but I can make some up when I get a tiny bit of free time.

What? Me worry?

7/18/2018 9:01 pm  #23

gizmomathboy wrote:

Basically, there are other diamonds and gems like the green diamonds from the Ghost Ship module. Basically the same idea, but different colors and such. Their color and type will influence their use and effects.

I'd appreciate it if you posted some examples when you have the chance. I already like green diamonds and am interested in seeing where you take this idea. 

7/19/2018 8:29 am  #24

Brock Savage wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

I'd appreciate it if you posted some examples when you have the chance. I already like green diamonds and am interested in seeing where you take this idea. 

Crap...now I really gotta make this stuff up now ;-)

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.