!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/10/2015 7:59 am  #1

What are you doing in gaming?

So, what are you doing in gaming? I paused my online G+ Hyperborea game a few months ago so that I could focus on preparing a Hyperborea adventure for Carnage Con in early November. How about you?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/10/2015 8:33 am  #2

Re: What are you doing in gaming?

Writing [title redacted] for AS&SH.

Working on some referee aids for AS&SH.

Still trying to find time to run the AS&SH campaign I finished preparing in March.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

9/10/2015 8:43 am  #3

I am theoretically running a Shadowrun session tonight. I'm contemplating moving it to roll20.

Next week I have a 1e campaign on Tuesday.

The following Sunday I have the second session of my ASSH campaign that is on roll20.

In other gaming, I'm wrapping up running a fantasy baseball league, just getting started with fantasy football (running 1 league and "just" in another).

So...maybe a little bit busy.

I also probably need to get the kid's game reset or something...

What? Me worry?

9/10/2015 11:03 am  #4

Finishing up running The Mall of Doom for The Mutant Epoch RPG.

Starting to write more small adventures and monsters for The Mutant Epoch.

Brainstorming writing an adventure for OSRIC for Outland Arts new line of upcoming fantasy adventures

Thinking about what to run at Gary Con, TME and possibly AS&SH.

Started playing in a 5e game every other week.

Been playing in a roll20 Dungeonslayers game, every other week, for many months.

9/10/2015 8:10 pm  #5

Finishing up a year run of playtesting the Basic Psionics Handbook with my eight member 12 year olds B/X campaign and prepping a Star Frontiers adventure for GaryCon 8.

9/10/2015 9:01 pm  #6

Still running an every other week ASSH campaign. 

Took a short break during the summer to run Warriors of the Red Planet.

Am playing in a Savage Worlds Broken Earth campaign.

I'll be dusting off a couple adventures for Trident Con in Oct.  Then deciding what to run for Gary Con then the same for Origins.  Lots of planning and play testing coming up!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

9/10/2015 9:02 pm  #7

SavageGM wrote:

Brainstorming writing an adventure for OSRIC for Outland Arts new line of upcoming fantasy adventures

Been playing in a roll20 Dungeonslayers game, every other week, for many months.

The Mutant Epoch looks fun!

While in my soul forever

9/10/2015 10:46 pm  #8

mabon5127 wrote:

SavageGM wrote:

It's a crazy ride for sure. I will be running my The Mutant Epoch adventures at Gary Con, you can give it a shot.

Last edited by SavageGM (9/10/2015 10:47 pm)

9/11/2015 12:07 am  #9

Working on AFS 7 stuff, begging some individuals whose writing I like for submissions etc, also collecting art and deciding on the fiction piece

Got turned on to a local meetup group here in T-town (that's Tacoma WA) that is held in a 'pizza and rum bar' upstairs. Next meetup is on Sept 19th and there is a guy running DCC RPG which I've never tried. Not positive I can make that though.

In a CoC gaslight pbp that has been going for a few years.

Jonesing to play some hex and chit wargames again. Playing occasional euro board and card games with the wife.

Thats about all I have time for with a 2 year old

Good thread!

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

9/11/2015 5:27 am  #10

My last campaign (ACKS) wrapped up last February, due to players relocating and general Real Life(TM) issues.

Currently looking towards trying to arrange some one-shots to try out Fantaji Universal and a RuneQuest 6 campaign, but having little luck, mainly thanks to nobody having heard of Fantaji and my own inability to decide what kind of campaign I'd want to run in RQ6.  (Definitely not feeling like fantasy.  Mostly waffling between various flavors of post-apoc and transdimensional.)

9/11/2015 4:48 pm  #11

Playtesting the new version of Mongoose Traveller, running a 5e Thule/Hyperborea game (ducks into portable hole...), and working on my Rules to End All Rules (after which I die).

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

9/12/2015 8:30 am  #12

SavageGM wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

SavageGM wrote:

It's a crazy ride for sure. I will be running my The Mutant Epoch adventures at Gary Con, you can give it a shot.

I hope it works out that I am able to do just that!!

While in my soul forever

9/12/2015 8:39 am  #13

SavageGM wrote:

Dungeonslayers is a great little game.  Too many games too little time!

While in my soul forever

9/12/2015 10:35 am  #14

mabon5127 wrote:

SavageGM wrote:

Dungeonslayers is a great little game.  Too many games too little time!

I agree and sadly overlooked and not well known.

9/16/2015 4:59 pm  #15

Lots of things!

— Finished our mini-AS&SH campaign.
— Planning for an OD&D campaign (mainly 3lbbs, with a bit of Greyhawk thrown in, plus lots of my own house rules and classes).
— Playing in a Savage Worlds Fallout campaign. 
— Playing in a Labyrinth Lord campaign (G+).
— Playing in a sci-fi/Star Wars campaign every month or so.
— Playtesting Tombstone every now and then.
— Maybe running a 5e campaign too. 

9/18/2015 1:39 pm  #16

Prepping for Garycon 2016. This year I was a full time player, next year I'd like to run a few sessions of, at least two different, games/adventures along with some playing.

9/22/2015 11:28 am  #17

Playing in a 5th Edition campaign twice a month with four other players. Also in a weekly game (usually) which only has me, another player, and a DM. Both are good times.

9/23/2015 5:35 pm  #18

Still running our AS&SH game, still every two weeks as schedules allow. It's been crazy busy around here the past few months, so I'm kind of running it seat of the pants. I'd like to get some more campaigny details in, but we're still having a blast. And a couple of the characters even hit fourth level. And even have magic items.

I've been too kind. Vampire lever!

9/24/2015 9:57 pm  #19

I've involved with two campaigns right now.

The first is a 5e campaign set in the old Wilderlands of High Fantasy. It's a tabletop game; I'm a player in that one (cleric of Odin).

I'm also running a campaign I call "Astonishing ACKS". It's a Hyperborean game (set in Brigand's Bay), but using the Adventurer, Conqueror, King rules (ACKS) form Autarch games. This one is run via Google+ with two (hopefully soon three) groups of PCs.

Hyperborea is awesome. So far I've got a "Vikings & Kelts" plus "Serpent-Men & Ancient Aliens" vibe going.

10/01/2015 7:42 am  #20

Chainsaw wrote:

I paused my online G+ Hyperborea game a few months ago so that I could focus on preparing a Hyperborea adventure for Carnage Con in early November.

Almost done now and pumped about a marathon all-day playtest with capitalbill sometime in the next few weeks. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.