!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2015 11:25 am  #1

Doff (flymen) race

Doff  'Ready to go!' one of the fly-men said. 'All the supplies are packed.''Thank you, Norg, we will be leaving shortly then,' replied Jalviss Vonge.'How can you tell them apart? Those things all look the same to me!' snorted Raffis the Vehement.'I'm not sure if I get it right half the time, but they never complain,' said Jalviss.The doff secured most of the baggage, leaving a knot here and there loose on purpose, grumbling.
 DoffNo. Enc.: 1d8 (2d20)Alignment: NeutralMovement: 120' (40’) (40, Fly 70 in AS&SH)Fly: 180' (60') Armor Class: 5Hit Dice: 1+4Attacks: 1 Damage: 1d6 or by weaponSave: F2 (Saving Throw 13 in AS&SH)Size: S (3'-4' feet tall on average)Morale: 6Hoard Class: VII (Treasure Type L, C, O, Q in AS&SH)XP: 45
 Devious, sneaky and slippery, the doff are short humanoid fly people that are fairly common in civilized areas. Not physically strong, the doff have allowed themselves to be a servant race to anyone who will protect them from harm-it is not uncommon for some houses to have two or three doffs working diligently for little pay, as long as they are protected and feel safe they will keep their word. Adventurers and explorers often hire doffs as cheap labor, as porters, spies and scouts. While loyal to those who protect them, all doffs will heed the summons of their deity, Overlord Fly, a mysterious and sinister character.

As Player Characters in Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea: These shifty and weird little beings can be a player option with the following modifications:
Healthy: +2 to Constitution, Quick: +1 to Dexterity. Disease resistant-+2 on rolls to avoid diseasesClass: Unlimited advancement as Thief or any thief subclass, Level 8 in Fighter or Any appropriate Fighter subclass, Level 5 in any other class or subclass.

Last edited by bat (8/04/2015 3:06 pm)

8/04/2015 12:07 am  #2

Re: Doff (flymen) race

I like them. Interesting idea to use them as red shirts

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

8/04/2015 3:07 pm  #3

Re: Doff (flymen) race

Thank you. As easily dealt with low level monsters these creatures can be as pesky as their smaller, dumber counterparts.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.