!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/29/2015 8:00 am  #1

Sticks and Stones Con in Conn, 10/24

http://sticks-and-stones.net/

Anyone in New England or NY should try to make it to this. BigPerm and I are bringing a crew up from NYC (with special guest Ms. Haversack!). Our own Ghul is a special guest. I'll run the AS&SH Operation Unfathomable that a few of us played at GaryCon last March.

7/29/2015 6:27 pm  #2

Re: Sticks and Stones Con in Conn, 10/24

Excellent! I'll see you there, Handy. I submitted an AD&D event for slot 4 (5:30–10:30).

7/31/2015 2:56 pm  #3

Wish I could go, but my parents visit that weekend. Have fun!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

8/03/2015 10:24 pm  #4

It's going to be a great time! I'm going to run Anthropophagi of Xamboola, one of the new adventures for 2016, by Corey Walden, and I'm hoping to get Tim Callahan there to run his Beasts of Kraggoth Manor.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

8/03/2015 10:24 pm  #5

Happy to hear you will be there, Handy!

8/05/2015 10:16 am  #6

Ghul wrote:

Happy to hear you will be there, Handy!

Yup! Bringing the crew, too. I'll stop reading Corey's updates so I can play in your game!

8/07/2015 12:42 pm  #7

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it.

8/08/2015 5:10 am  #8

I registered for this yesterday and will be making the long drive from VA on Fri: going to try and grab some henchman who still live in CT, and look forward to meeting some folks. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

8/19/2015 6:08 pm  #9

Event registration for those that pre-registered has opened. Hope to play with some of you.

8/19/2015 8:13 pm  #10

Can't wait! It's going to be excellent, and please do introduce yourself, rhialto!

10/23/2015 7:42 pm  #11

Well, tomorrow is the day! I'll be running Corey Walden's "Anthrpophagi of Xamboola," and I can't wait! My event is sold out, but if you're in town and you're looking for some AS&SH action, my pal Mark is also running his AS&SH home-brewed adventure, "The Walking Dead." The title pretty much says it all. Excelsior!

10/24/2015 5:20 am  #12

I'll be there, with one trusty henchman: looking forward to the adventure. 
Also got into DMPrata's game later today too, so life is good!

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."

10/25/2015 6:36 am  #13

Fantastic to meet and game with the esteemed Ghul, Handy, Bigperm and associated henchmen and henchfemmes yesterday...splendid time playing AS&SH and having a rollicking good time role-playing in Xamboola. Unfortunately ran out of time, but looking forward to the adventure when it's published. 

10/25/2015 8:11 am  #14

It was such a great time!

DMP running AD&D

Handy running Hyperborea! 

Ghul, Rhialto, and Rhialto's henchman.

10/25/2015 9:46 am  #15

Thanks for the photo, Jeff. Maybe eyes open next time...

It was a pleasure meeting and gaming with you gents (and ladies). I hope everyone had a good time (even the poor vaporized dwarf).

10/25/2015 4:05 pm  #16

DMPrata wrote:

Thanks for the photo, Jeff. Maybe eyes open next time...

It was a pleasure meeting and gaming with you gents (and ladies). I hope everyone had a good time (even the poor vaporized dwarf).

Convention characters are like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern you know: it's all good! I was definitely reckless...

10/25/2015 6:06 pm  #17

It was good meeting you Rhialto. We still have the "take one for the team" bill to settle up.
I had a great time playing in Jeff's and DMPrata's games.
Wish we had more time to finish Anthrpophagi of Xamboola, it was starting to really get good.

10/25/2015 6:24 pm  #18

Nice shirt in that pic Jeff!! 

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

10/26/2015 3:59 am  #19

mabon5127 wrote:

Nice shirt in that pic Jeff!! 

Rumor has it that no more exist for sale...? Because I did ask Jeff...

10/26/2015 4:01 am  #20

BigPerm wrote:

It was good meeting you Rhialto. We still have the "take one for the team" bill to settle up.
I had a great time playing in Jeff's and DMPrata's games.
Wish we had more time to finish Anthrpophagi of Xamboola, it was starting to really get good.

Indeed: your efforts nearly rivalled Kane's in one of the novels where he courts an undead sorceress of macabre mein! 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.