!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2016 9:58 am  #181

Re: Gary Con VIII (2016)

Oh, and Morgan, technically for your Fri. night Snakemen game, the role of "Michael" will be played by "James Lopez." Apparently, they are not giving out paper tickets this year.

2/25/2016 10:42 am  #182

Handy Haversack wrote:

Oh, and Morgan, technically for your Fri. night Snakemen game, the role of "Michael" will be played by "James Lopez." Apparently, they are not giving out paper tickets this year.

Cool. There used to be a way to know who was in your game.  With all the issues I haven't checked this year.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

2/25/2016 11:16 am  #183

mabon5127 wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Cool. There used to be a way to know who was in your game. With all the issues I haven't checked this year.

It went up this morning. Go to "My Account," and under your billing address you'll see a "My GM Rosters" link that will generate a print file for you.

2/25/2016 11:18 am  #184

Handy Haversack wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Cool. There used to be a way to know who was in your game. With all the issues I haven't checked this year.

It went up this morning. Go to "My Account," and under your billing address you'll see a "My GM Rosters" link that will generate a print file for you.

Thanks bud!

While in my soul forever

3/03/2016 11:29 am  #185

Some place warm, a place where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I’m talking about a little place called Gary Con VIII.

Lake view, resort behind me

A few folks at Popeye's

My off-grid game for Handy's crew after a reactor leak around 1AM

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/03/2016 2:21 pm  #186

Cool man thanks for posting the pics. Have fun,  all 20s no whammies..

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

3/03/2016 7:45 pm  #187

Due to a brain frag to myself, I added all the games I wanted to the Gary con cart, and then never checked out. I noticed this a week ago, and then the brainstorm happened tonight...I bet there are some off the books games being run by some of the fine fellows here. So....this is me begging to be invited to one of those said off the book games. I feel like a dolt....but I really am new to this Con going thing. 

So, if you are into letting beggars into your establishments here are my availabilities....

Friday around 2pm arrival. Open to anything after I chat with Mr. Ghul a bit and catch up....
Saturday...pretty much open...I do have to squeeze in time to chat with the Troll Lords guys, and perhaps a few other artists....
Sunday, yep...you guessed it...available until probably around noon....

I don't need sleep, and I promise to not be the stinkiest or sickest one at the table.....

I may have some stuff to show about as well....(in case that is the only reason I might get an invite)

Shout out here...

Del

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/04/2016 2:09 am  #188

mavfire wrote:

Due to a brain frag to myself, I added all the games I wanted to the Gary con cart, and then never checked out. I noticed this a week ago, and then the brainstorm happened tonight...I bet there are some off the books games being run by some of the fine fellows here. So....this is me begging to be invited to one of those said off the book games. I feel like a dolt....but I really am new to this Con going thing. 

So, if you are into letting beggars into your establishments here are my availabilities....

Friday around 2pm arrival. Open to anything after I chat with Mr. Ghul a bit and catch up....
Saturday...pretty much open...I do have to squeeze in time to chat with the Troll Lords guys, and perhaps a few other artists....
Sunday, yep...you guessed it...available until probably around noon....

I don't need sleep, and I promise to not be the stinkiest or sickest one at the table.....

I may have some stuff to show about as well....(in case that is the only reason I might get an invite)

Shout out here...

Del

Del, I left two seats open in my Call of Cthulhu game Saturday (12:00–6:00) in Galewood C. I can't promise anything, because the Gary Con rules dictate that I can't hold a seat for someone; I must accept the first two extra players who show up.

3/04/2016 7:15 am  #189

DMPrata thanks for replying... I've never played Cthulhu but will give it a shot! Hope to see you then!

mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/04/2016 12:11 pm  #190

Del, you are welcome to join my Friday night AS&SH game 8PM-whenever. 

3/04/2016 3:37 pm  #191

Chainsaw,

I'm in a game tonight as it turns out. Thanks, try and find me sometime tho this weekend.

mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/04/2016 4:02 pm  #192

mavfire wrote:

I'm in a game tonight as it turns out. Thanks, try and find me sometime tho this weekend.

No worries - have fun!

3/06/2016 11:17 am  #193

I was incredibly pleased with the three games I ran this weekend!  I don't take credit but was gifted lots of awesome players that made it all happen!  Handy, Big Perm, and many others allowed me to really enjoy the con!

While in my soul forever

3/06/2016 11:45 am  #194

Guy Fullerton has been taking a lot of pics at the CON here is his flickr link https://www.flickr.com/photos/63744171@N07/albums/72157665255272312/page2/

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

3/06/2016 12:58 pm  #195

I had such a good time this weekend. Those on this forum really made it great! Thanks for everything gentlemen! Looking forward to next year

mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

3/06/2016 1:15 pm  #196

Thanks Scaly!

Flying home, but here are my quick thoughts:

- absolutely terrific people, as I knew would be the case
- overall convention execution much better than I expected following some technology issues on the front end during registration
- venue accommodations nice; much bigger than the previous spot, which made the convention feel less crowded, but also made it less likely to bump into people you might have wanted to see
- venue staff very friendly
- game rooms a little small for the number of tables, making them fairly noisy, but this may be inevitable

Warning: spoiler alert for my Strange Tale of Crystal Point adventure, ligedog's Floating Monks of Malapesh adventure, Wheggi's Sea Cliffs of Despair and The Pit from Dungeon #17

- my Weds night pick-up game with Handy's crew: played from 10PM-2AM after a lot of drinking - what a blast! These maniacs are a riot. OF COURSE they went the ONE way I didn't really expect anyone to go, a talent from what I hear, heheh. Miraculously, I think this was the only party not to suffer any deaths! Still cannot believe it! Haha! Plus, they even managed to find a very significant item.
- my Thurs noon game with Guy, Josh, gizmo, Alice T and Chris T - the most effective group, with a berzerker, scout, shaman, necromancer and cleric who used a good amount of stealth, spells and planning to defeat a giant mutated crab in the caves and score the biggest treasure haul of my four games. A late session decision to switch gears, go to the cliff top and break down a heavily barricaded door (because why not) got gizmo and Chris T disintegrated, but that just left more treasure for the rest, who then ran away, heheh. Maybe that was the survivors' plan???
- EOTB ran Wheggi's Sea Cliffs of Despair AD&D game: great time exploring a coastal region, though we only barely scratched the surface. Fought giant crabs, fire salamanders, stranded sailors and such. EOTB did a fantastic job and I hope we can play more of this some time.
- DMPrata ran The Pit with AS&SH: super fun little dungeon crawl, though we almost ate it several times, heheh. Cloak n' Dagger came up with a wise idea that kept us alive at a crucial point (the classic lasso the undead strategy) and we ended up thinking we'd won, when actually we only unleashed greater evil into the world. Wait, this is Hyperborea - could it have gone any other way? DMPrata did a great job, needless to say.
- my Friday night game with capitalbill, Kevin, Nik, Kenny, ligedog, WSmith and Del: we'll call these guys the wrecking crew, comprised of five fighting-men, a scout and a pyromancer. As they hammered their way through the cliffs, the pyromancer incinerated some undead and some otherworldly beings and the group's fighters took down several laser-wielding crab-men. Along the way, the berzerker's head was lasered off, the death lord was disintegrated, and capitalbill acquired the group's only treasure - a crab claw holding a laser. Yeah, that kind of game!
- my Saturday afternoon game with JoeMac, Dave, EOTB, Winn and Rachel: this crew of a thief, scout, ranger, berzerker and shaman took some heavy hits early on the cliff top, almost succumbing to a black crystal goat guardian that breathed swarms of hungry flies and then, after noisily breaking down a heavily barricaded door, losing the shaman and berzerker to disintegration. The remaining three actually made it pretty far inside the complex (the only ones to do so), aided by stealth and a few laser pistols they recovered, before finally being overwhelmed. TPK!
- ligedog ran his Monks of Malapesh with AS&SH Saturday night: let's just say that we could have done better, but yeah, almost TPK'd in the first room (by a vampire who charmed us into fighting each other) followed by reincarnating BigPerm as a Yeti! Just before this, we provided a nearby hermit with some small animals as a snackrifice and my evil fighter killed our guide while he was smoking a bowl (which the fighter promptly starting smoked himself). It is entirely possible we brought this doom on ourselves!

More later, but overall, great time hanging out with great people. Thanks!

3/06/2016 1:17 pm  #197

mavfire wrote:

I had such a good time this weekend. Those on this forum really made it great! Thanks for everything gentlemen! Looking forward to next year

Great meeting you, Del! Glad we had a chance to game together. You did a great job playing that fighter with the laser pistol. Crap, sorry, forgot you picked the pregen fighter without the laser pistol. 

3/07/2016 10:46 am  #198

I have booked my room for Gary Con IX!  I hope to see everyone again!  I forgot to mention it was great to meet SavageGM as well!

While in my soul forever

3/07/2016 10:48 am  #199

I was also fortunate enough to play in the Sea Wolf's Daughter with and by Jeff T.  Great adventure and will definitely want to see this in final print!

While in my soul forever

3/07/2016 10:56 am  #200

My favorite GaryCon yet in large part thanks to members of this board.   It was great playing in chainsaws game - nice to see you haven't lost your love of ray guns!  Both my sessions of running Hyperborea were fun - in the second session some well timed no-shows allowed me open up the session to a number of you on this board which was great!  Quote of the Night - after the final battle in the second session (as described by chainsaw)  it was a little early on time but it seemed like a pretty solid conclusion to the game.  I turned and asked Handy (who was watching the game) if I should call it and he said "They're shaving the yeti - I think it's over."   Anyway already looking forward to next year!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.