!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2015 10:49 pm  #1

A little of my nonsense

WARNING, a couple images have mild nudity- my campaign is a little more swords and sandals than most

A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your 

5/09/2015 10:49 pm  #2

Re: A little of my nonsense

A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your 

5/09/2015 10:50 pm  #3

you know, I've never noticed until now, but the tiger here seems ready to take a deuce

Last edited by Morty (5/24/2015 11:32 pm)

5/09/2015 10:51 pm  #4

5/09/2015 10:51 pm  #5

Rapscallion

A character from my Victorious campaign from TLG.   Think Joker with reality shifting powers.  in my campaign Rapscallion has the ability to negate hero powers, making them easier to kill. He's the boogeyman of the hero circuit. Because of this he's actually easier to defeat by non-powered heroes.

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:03 pm)

5/09/2015 10:52 pm  #6

Korax

The raven. He looks young, but he's really thousands of years old. He's under a curse that actually predates the founding of the land. He cannot die, as when he is slain he comes back to life (ala Highlander). However, each time he dies he loses all memory of the past. Literally, the lover of Death, his mercenary armies are the scourge of the city-states of Aerkhe (my Hyperborea).

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:07 pm)

5/09/2015 10:52 pm  #7

Hypokhthonae

Those Who Dwell Beneath the Earth.

An exotic servitor race (genetically engineered by Adamantean scientists eons ago) as miners and smiths. They have large, bulbous heads and eyes that are attuned to dimmer light under the earth.  They suffer penalties interacting on the surface world.

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:11 pm)

5/09/2015 10:53 pm  #8

The Sol Invictus

The engineered Messiah

The Sol Invictus was crafted at the dawn of time by The Aeons to battle the avatar of the a Black Sun, Typhoneus, the Spawner of Monsters.   He allows the city-states of Aerkhe self-rule, but is otherwise a tyrant, with his Imperial Bureaucracy ever present and capable of overriding the dictates of kings.

Think a combination of Alexander the Great (genius and personality) and the Golden Age Superman (able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, immune to weaponry) and you'd have a good idea of the Sol Invictus.

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:18 pm)

5/09/2015 10:53 pm  #9

Daimones

The Earthborn, fairies, nature spirits. In Aerkhe the daimones are designed as caretakers to the natural world.  They are semi-immortal cybernetic entities (computer like brains and flesh bodies). They are as wild and unpredictable as nature.

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:21 pm)

5/09/2015 10:54 pm  #10

Androphage

Cannibals. Humans who fell under the influence of the Black Sun. They are nihilists and extremely violent. They eat the flesh of the slain for both food and out of the belief that the powers inherent in the slain will become their's after they are ritually eaten.

They ritually tattoo themselves with runes of power, dedicating themselves to the Black Sun.

The unscrupulous among the city-states will hire Androphage as mercenaries as they make excellent shock troops

These are the orcs of my world

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:26 pm)

5/09/2015 10:55 pm  #11

Elemental

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:27 pm)

5/09/2015 10:55 pm  #12

Aulphe the Annoyance an Earthborn nymph and a character  of my campaign group

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:28 pm)

5/09/2015 10:56 pm  #13

Mahra. 

Nightmares, demonic servitors of the Black Sun

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:29 pm)

5/09/2015 10:56 pm  #14

Dress of a woman of the Skelte folk

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:30 pm)

5/09/2015 10:57 pm  #15

a sketch from some of the design work I did for the Castles and  Crusades Society of TLG

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:31 pm)

5/09/2015 10:57 pm  #16

another Mahra

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:31 pm)

5/09/2015 10:58 pm  #17

my take on the cooshee or fairy hounds

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:32 pm)

5/09/2015 10:59 pm  #18

Sagius

The Great Sage.   He has headed the Akademe of Aerkhe for as long as records can remember; he is apparently immortal, but no one is sure why as he has no divine heritage or magical powers of any sort.

An extremely learned man, he claims his role is to simply chronicle the history of Aerkhe.

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:36 pm)

5/09/2015 10:59 pm  #19

Solis Nox

The Night Sun. She is one of the Sol Incarnae (clones of the Sol Invictus). She is similar to Hecate from Greek myth as a pyschopomp and in service to the concept of magic.

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:39 pm)

5/09/2015 11:00 pm  #20

An Amazone

because female warrior societies rock

and, well, boobies

Last edited by Morty (5/12/2015 9:40 pm)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.