!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/15/2015 5:21 pm  #1

Brother Bear & Brother Bear 2

I missed Disney's Brother Bear when it was released in 2003 and that's a shame as I love hand drawn animation over the more modern cgi animation, and it was the last one released in theaters before the switch to cgi. While watching it with my daughter today for the first time I was struck by the incredible landscape snow capped mountain ranges and forests, the boreas, the mammoths and the glaciers. It looked to me to be very much of the landscape that might be found in Hyperborea. I also thought that the depiction of the Inuit people and their culture would be great study for the types of customs, clothing and civilization for running a Esquimaux character. I personally believe it's an absolutely gorgeous movie and would love to use some of the animation cells to show my players the landscape of some of Hyperborea.

Last edited by SavageGM (2/15/2015 7:59 pm)

2/15/2015 7:14 pm  #2

Re: Brother Bear & Brother Bear 2

I'll have to see it again, but I do recall it as one of the finer Disney animated films.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/25/2015 3:29 pm  #3

Re: Brother Bear & Brother Bear 2

Watched a bit of it today - neat little film. Thanks for posting!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.