!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2015 5:49 pm  #61

Re: Gary Con VII (2015)

joseph wrote:

I might actually be able to make it out. I don't have all the specifics yet, but I definitely need to be home by the 27th (daughters birthday). I likely will be in Milwaukee from the 24th through 26th. Is anyone showing up extra early?

We arrive Thurs. morning in Milwaukee, weather allowing. Hope you're still around, Joseph! We hope to make it to the Lodge by noon!

2/04/2015 7:26 pm  #62

Handy Haversack wrote:

joseph wrote:

I might actually be able to make it out. I don't have all the specifics yet, but I definitely need to be home by the 27th (daughters birthday). I likely will be in Milwaukee from the 24th through 26th. Is anyone showing up extra early?

We arrive Thurs. morning in Milwaukee, weather allowing. Hope you're still around, Joseph! We hope to make it to the Lodge by noon!

We are showing up Wednesday night (which is my son's birthday!) and leaving Sunday morning.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

2/05/2015 8:56 am  #63

Ghul wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

joseph wrote:

We are showing up Wednesday night (which is my son's birthday!) and leaving Sunday morning.

Do you think a nice birthday present would be hearing about how my character died messily, cravenly, ignobly, and quickly in your con game? Because that! arranged! can be!

2/05/2015 9:03 am  #64

You had me at "ignobly". ;)

2/05/2015 11:02 am  #65

Handy Haversack wrote:

Do you think a nice birthday present would be hearing about how my character died messily, cravenly, ignobly, and quickly in your con game? Because that! arranged! can be!

Play in Beneath the Comet.  "Messily" and "quickly" will already be covered.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

2/05/2015 4:38 pm  #66

Actually, I had a TPK the last time I ran it!

2/06/2015 10:56 am  #67

I am sorry to report that I am not going to be able to make this happen right now. Kind of bummed, but it seems the stars are not aligned. Hope you guys have a great time, I plan to meet you in Lake Geneva next year!

I'm hoping to hit some more local cons later in the year though!

Last edited by joseph (2/06/2015 10:57 am)

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

2/06/2015 4:53 pm  #68

That sucks, Joseph. We'll miss you. Maybe next year!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

2/06/2015 6:23 pm  #69

Thanks, Chainsaw. I hope so!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

2/07/2015 3:52 pm  #70

Hyberborea games just went GP. Not enough to go around, but me and my buddy will hang around the table for Comet and hope for a walk-up.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (2/07/2015 4:40 pm)

2/07/2015 3:53 pm  #71

Crap, I'm stuck in line at the grocery!

J/K

2/07/2015 4:10 pm  #72

Anyone else locked out of registering? 403 forbidden?

2/07/2015 4:34 pm  #73

Yep, site blew up almost immediately, like within 30 seconds, but some people slipped in and registered for events. Not me or capitalbill or ligedog or Handy though...

I'm over it though! If all of us that didn't magically slip in before the crash prep one game for the others, we'll have lots of action and a great time.

2/07/2015 6:07 pm  #74

Ugh, Jeff! All AS&SH games FULL in 4 minutes! Please tell me there's a chance for a walkon....

2/07/2015 6:11 pm  #75

<lizzie_in_trainspotting>I feel sekh, Tommeh!</lizzie_in_trainspotting>

2/07/2015 6:16 pm  #76

Iron Ranger, Tuesday's 9PM Eastern registration re-start may come with a reset. So, there's still hope. Also, some others of us that also didn't get into Jeff's games (me, capitalbill, ligedog, Handy and maybe more) immediately decided to have our own AS&SH game as an alternative, which may still wind up being the case even if registration is reset. You're certainly welcome to join us depending on how things pan out. We're not Jeff, but I promise you it'll be fun!

2/07/2015 6:19 pm  #77

Dale said no reset (thankfully-for my other game). Sad that many of us didn't get in. So a Thursday night pickup sounds good to me!

2/07/2015 7:30 pm  #78

Hell, you guys may well have/run a better game than my games. I'm definitely not the be-all / end-all of game referees. I've watched some guys run games, like Andre Kruppa (runs Call of Cthulhu), and when I watch him, I'm thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that kind of pacing and delivery." It's guys like Andre (at Total Con, Carnage, etc.) whose games I most admire, not necessarily the surviving legends of gaming -- but many of them are pretty good, too; I'm not disparaging them by any stretch.

2/07/2015 7:33 pm  #79

Find games run by Taco Jon, Francisca, and Grodog, too, if they are not sold out. Those guys are great.

2/07/2015 8:51 pm  #80

Please let me know if you guys can use another person for a pickup game. I have 4 events scheduled and was successful in a couple of registrations today but still have some big time windows open for pickup games. My big time windows include late Wednesday, Thursday afternoon (this may get chopped up), very late Friday/Saturday.

Thank you,
Edwin

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.