!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2021 12:21 pm  #81

Re: The Character Sheet of Wondrous Automation

Hi Measured, If your looking for an automated character generating tool. Gizmomathboy has an active thread and a web tool that he created that gets a 2nd Ed character sheet almost completely done, even spitting it out to an Authentic character sheet/PDF. You may want to take a look at that thread.

I'm not sure where the thread is, but here is a link to his portal

https://www.gizmomathboy.com/hyperborea/

And go to the PC generation page and you can start there to see if it's what you were looking for..

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

4/07/2021 2:59 pm  #82

measuredrums wrote:

First off, my apologies for "necro-ing" this thread.

@Ghul ... I was wondering if anything further has happened on the continuation/development of this incredibly useful tool? It seems like a few years ago you'd taken the reigns from @Maezar and seemed to have plans to update the sheet to 2nd Edition specifications, then ... nothing further. Obviously this wouldn't/shouldn't necessarily be high on your priority list in the grand scheme of things, and that's okay, but I'm just curious if this is still a probability, or DOA?

Thanks!

It's just not something I have the time or resources to invest in right now, so it remains in limbo, I'm afraid. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/07/2021 4:08 pm  #83

Ghul wrote:

measuredrums wrote:

@Ghul ... I was wondering if anything further has happened on the continuation/development of this incredibly useful tool? It seems like a few years ago you'd taken the reigns from @Maezar and seemed to have plans to update the sheet to 2nd Edition specifications, then ... nothing further. Obviously this wouldn't/shouldn't necessarily be high on your priority list in the grand scheme of things, and that's okay, but I'm just curious if this is still a probability, or DOA?

Thanks!

It's just not something I have the time or resources to invest in right now, so it remains in limbo, I'm afraid. 

Thought as much, oh well ... maybe I'll have to step up my Excel skills and see what I can do, for my personal use only of course ... Thanks for the speedy reply (as always) Jeff/@Ghul!

4/07/2021 7:06 pm  #84

measuredrums wrote:

Ixian!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

4/08/2021 8:44 am  #85

measuredrums wrote:

Thanks!

Up thread a bit is a link to a LibreOffice spreadsheet that does basically the same thing.

It even has the 2e stuff in it.

What? Me worry?

4/08/2021 8:53 am  #86

BlackKnight wrote:

Hi Measured, If your looking for an automated character generating tool. Gizmomathboy has an active thread and a web tool that he created that gets a 2nd Ed character sheet almost completely done, even spitting it out to an Authentic character sheet/PDF. You may want to take a look at that thread.

I'm not sure where the thread is, but here is a link to his portal

https://www.gizmomathboy.com/hyperborea/

And go to the PC generation page and you can start there to see if it's what you were looking for..

Thanks BK!

The last page/post of the thread is here:

https://hyperborea.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1115&p=7

It needs a bit of attention. I found an error in the berserker stuff. I was doing the AC bonus wrong. I think I fixed it on the web app...crap. Lemme check....yep, fixed. I have it reversed that if you were wearing light armour and less than level 6 you got a +2 bonus to your ac...instead of 1.

I think I might even put in DMPrata's new classes (and mine) just because I can :-)

What? Me worry?

4/08/2021 11:39 am  #87

gizmomathboy wrote:

Thanks BK!

Anytime my friend!

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

4/09/2021 5:54 am  #88

gizmomathboy wrote:

I think I might even put in DMPrata's new classes (and mine) just because I can :-)

That would be awesome: I ran a quick-prep session this past weekend, and one of my players wanted to play a Gloomhaunter (which didn't take too long to generate, honestly), but the "go to gizmo's site" would have been even easier. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

4/09/2021 8:16 am  #89

rhialto wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

That would be awesome: I ran a quick-prep session this past weekend, and one of my players wanted to play a Gloomhaunter (which didn't take too long to generate, honestly), but the "go to gizmo's site" would have been even easier. 

HAHAHA

Nice to see it's being used.

Just let me know if you notice any odd things.

I hope that the berserker ac adjustment was the last little one.

However, I know better :-)

What? Me worry?

4/09/2021 6:19 pm  #90

Will give it a whirl this weekend.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.