!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2014 1:31 pm  #1

My own custom Character Sheet

I made this sheet for my current campaign, to work with all the house rules I am using and getting it all on a single sheet of paper. (Mostly spell point based casting and simplefied encumbrance.)

First time I ever made one, so I would love to get some comments if you think I missed something or some sections could be arranged in a better way.

http://spriggans-den.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/AL_ASSH_character_sheet.pdf

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Spriggan's Den

5/01/2014 5:22 pm  #2

Re: My own custom Character Sheet

Looks good!  Very clear and well laid-out.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

5/01/2014 9:14 pm  #3

Yes, nicely done!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/02/2014 1:20 am  #4

Blackadder23 wrote:

Looks good!  Very clear and well laid-out.

There wasn't any space left for decorations.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Spriggan's Den

5/02/2014 7:26 am  #5

Looks very good, Yora. I really like that you divided the equipment and wealth sections by where items are kept.
You have an extra space below the "class" line, perhaps add "experience for next level" line. I know alot of players like to have that.

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

5/02/2014 2:07 pm  #6

We gave the game a first run today, and some oversights became immediately noticable:
I forgot the Listen Skill with the thief abilities and the space for class abilities can get quite tight if you play a class like scout and also put racial abilities for nonhuman characters on top.
A great idea one of the players had was to include a field for the natural healing rate. It's something you can easily remember if you're familiar with the game, but I think for new players it'd be quite helpful to be able to look it up a couple of times.

Having two inventory lists for body and backpack slots is an idea I'm quite proud of, even though it's actually rather obvious when you think about it.This time, I really wanted to make encumbrance work, which also means using pack animals to carry treasure and occasionally leaving your gear behind for a daring escape or to get through very difficult passages.
By spliting the inventory, you can easily substract the weight of your backpack when you dump it, without having to recalculate everything. And amazingly, this was something that I never had to explain, even to the players who had never played any RPGs before, and they all got it right. However, at the end of the adventure, one player was asking me where he should write down the stuff he keeps stashed at home. I had been thinking about that for coins, as its always a bit weird to have hundreds of thousands of gold pieces that should weigh a few hundred kilos or a few tonnes in your coinpurse. But since items stored at home are usually not going to be accessed during play, I think it will work fine enough to simply write them down on a separate sheet.

Spriggan's Den

5/02/2014 3:42 pm  #7

That "Separate Sheet" becomes inevitable for all character records, I think.
Though I do believe that a good "Play Notes and Ready Reference Sheet" could be combined quite nicely ;-)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.