!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2023 9:53 pm  #1

Using Reincarnated from Goodman

I'm pondering Hyperborea and The Lost City "reincarnated" from Goodman. Before I dive in and prep, I wondered if anyone else has tried such a thing? Things look straightforward, and I plan d20+FA+mods+AC 20+ for to-hit success--so clean. I might start with 4 core classes to keep things simple for players, but we'll see how "adventurous" they are.

1/08/2023 9:56 pm  #2

Re: Using Reincarnated from Goodman

Most OSR type games/Modules/Settings are relatively easily transferred into and out of Hyperborea. Jeff purposely made the system compatible with a lot of systems, as they use all the same base system. Most of the OSE/BX/Castle & Crusades/and the others work with little conversion effort. The most effort is Monster/Spell conversions. The Combat systems are very similar, some may break things down slightly different, or have a different method for some part (Initiative, or Round sequence, Etc)...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

1/09/2023 3:39 am  #3

When I ran Goodman's "Into the borderlands" I used the AD&D 2e monstrous manual to fill in the gaps for monsters I did not choose to replace.

"We alone of all mankind, who are sorcerers of high attainment and mastery, may endure the lethal ice-change and become breathers of the airless void, and thus, in the end, be made suitable for the provender of such as Rlim Shaikorth." sounds great unless you know what Provender means.

1/09/2023 4:17 pm  #4

What I like about the Goodman hefty book is the original is there, and there's the 5e version plus critters, so I am likely able to deal with the monsters, etc.  (and I'v been GMing since '76, so on-the-fly stuff is doable).

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.