!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/27/2022 4:07 pm  #1

Hyperborea-izing My Games

Well, been playing and GMing since 1st Edition and I just got my 3E books, so I'm thinking of making the jump and Hyperborea-izing my regular D&D campaigns. My world is generic in the sense that I've used several systems (D&D Rules Cyclopedia, Labyrinth Lord, Swords & Wizardry, Fantastic Heroes and Witchery, etc.) and I'd like to keep the tropes but kind of overlay Hyperborea on to it. In other words, I want to keep the demihumans, humanoids, monsters, etc. but use the  Hyperborea rules and most of the Pup Fantasy stuff.
Let's see what happens, shall we?

-SJ/Ol' Man Grognard

10/28/2022 9:52 am  #2

Re: Hyperborea-izing My Games

Should work, Jeff has made sure to make the monster system similar enough to the D&D standards. With only a little modification it should be able to fit right in...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

10/28/2022 10:12 pm  #3

I've recently switched my group to Hyperborea with OSE to fill in the more classic D&D-isms, though the switch was made easy by being fairly early in the campaign (plus I was already using a bunch of Hyperborea for house rules anyways).

11/11/2022 2:28 pm  #4

I would start by murdering all the hobbits. ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/15/2022 2:35 pm  #5

I dunno, when you strip them down to their basic attributes, they're a bit "The Lurking Fear." One could probably do worse for Martense-kin than halfling stats.

12/11/2022 2:13 pm  #6

Ghul wrote:

I would start by murdering all the hobbits. ;)

Are they all lawyers? :D

-SJ/Ol' Man Grognrd

12/11/2022 2:15 pm  #7

SmokestackJones wrote:

Well, been playing and GMing since 1st Edition and I just got my 3E books, so I'm thinking of making the jump and Hyperborea-izing my regular D&D campaigns. My world is generic in the sense that I've used several systems (D&D Rules Cyclopedia, Labyrinth Lord, Swords & Wizardry, Fantastic Heroes and Witchery, etc.) and I'd like to keep the tropes but kind of overlay Hyperborea on to it. In other words, I want to keep the demihumans, humanoids, monsters, etc. but use the  Hyperborea rules and most of the Pup Fantasy stuff.
Let's see what happens, shall we?

I figure if there's something lacking I can always go "back to the source" AKA 1E AD&D.

-SJ/Ol'Man Grognard

Last edited by SmokestackJones (1/01/2023 12:37 pm)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.