!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2021 2:12 pm  #1

HYPERBOREA 3E Typos

Hey guys, if you see a typo, please let me know at ghul@hyperboreaDOTtv Use the subject line HYPERBOREA 3E TYPOS. Also, the window for fixing typos is a small one. So, if you see something, please shoot me an email right away. Thanks!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/20/2021 3:10 pm  #2

Re: HYPERBOREA 3E Typos

Hey Jeff @Ghul  ... Not a typo per se ... But, could the Centerfold Map in the Atlas pdf be made a single image as opposed to two halves on separate pages? ... Love what I'm seeing so far overall, I'll be sure to send any found typos to your email as requested. Thanks!

12/20/2021 7:57 pm  #3

measuredrums wrote:

Hey Jeff @Ghul  ... Not a typo per se ... But, could the Centerfold Map in the Atlas pdf be made a single image as opposed to two halves on separate pages? ... Love what I'm seeing so far overall, I'll be sure to send any found typos to your email as requested. Thanks!

In the print book it will be in the middle of the book and thus one image, but the PDF separates everything into single pages, unless you have a way to view it in spread mode. 

12/23/2021 4:18 am  #4

Eh Ghul

Not sure about the central map, is there not meant to be text with it?

Am I missing something, I looked at least though the map PDF and searched the other two game PDFs and cannot find a full Hyperborea map with text...

12/23/2021 11:05 am  #5

Too small for text. Also, it functions well for player exploration. Works much better in print.

Also, I will not be checking here for typos on this thread, so if you see something, I need a direct email. I am receiving messages all over the place from folks who either did not receive a PDF, folks who spotted a typo (which is helpful!), and folks who have spotted something that they think is a typos but is not (I'm always happy to clarify). This is no exaggeration -- I am receiving these messages from the following outlets:
Facebook 
Facebook Messenger
Instagram
Instagram private message
Twitter
Twitter Private Message
Discord
Discord Private Message
Kickstarter comments page
Kickstarter comments page on a past update
Other past Kickstarters that have nothing to do with the current Kickstarter
Backerkit private message
This Forum
This Forum Private messages

And I'm probably forgetting a few. I simply can't keep up with all these information streams, and I know that I am missing well-intended messages. I don't have a logistics crew that handles all my media. Small family business. So, if you have a typo, or see something you think is wrong (like centrefold map not being labeled), or if you didn't receive your PDFs, please email directly at ghul@hyperboreaDOTtv.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best,
Jeff T.

12/24/2021 5:08 am  #6

Ghul wrote:

Too small for text. Also, it functions well for player exploration. Works much better in print. 

Nao problemo, just making sure, I still use the old B&W map for my game.

12/28/2021 11:34 am  #7

Hello!
p. 260 The fighter and cataphract begin play with two mastered weapons; other fighter subclasses begin
play with one mastered weapon.

But all the subclasses begin with TWO mastered weapons.  Cut & Paste error ?

12/28/2021 12:47 pm  #8

philocubeproteus wrote:

Hello!
p. 260 The fighter and cataphract begin play with two mastered weapons; other fighter subclasses begin
play with one mastered weapon.

But all the subclasses begin with TWO mastered weapons.  Cut & Paste error ?

Indeed, an error that is being repaired and will not see print. We'll also be updating the PDF files, fixing various typos and errors. If you see something else, please contact me directly at ghul@hyperboreaDOTtv

Thanks!

1/11/2022 11:09 pm  #9

Page 100

SORCERY
Bards memorize and cast spells by channeling animistic
and elemental spirits and by studying arcane
tomes. The number and levels of spells cast per day
are charted above (see Table 58), though bards of high
intelligence and/or wisdom gain bonus spells cast per
day (see Chapter 3: Statistics, intelligence and wisdom).
For example, a 4th-level bard with 13 intelligence
and 10 wisdom can cast two level 1 druid spells, one
level 2 druid spell, one level 1 illusionist spell, and one
level 2 illusionist spell per day.

Seems like the Bard is getting a bonus to Druid spells from intelligence, but I thought it would be that an intelligence spell bonus gets applied to the illusionist spells, while a wisdom bonus would go to the druid spells.
I'll send in email as well.

1/12/2022 10:32 am  #10

Email received -- great catch, Jeremy! 

11/26/2022 2:35 pm  #11

A little late to the game for the print version, but could be corrected in pdf form ... I just noticed that the Disintegration Pistol (description p.178) is not included in Table 230: Special Missile Weapons (p.160) in the Referee Manual, therefore there is no GP or XP value listed for it.

11/28/2022 6:32 pm  #12

measuredrums wrote:

A little late to the game for the print version, but could be corrected in pdf form ... I just noticed that the Disintegration Pistol (description p.178) is not included in Table 230: Special Missile Weapons (p.160) in the Referee Manual, therefore there is no GP or XP value listed for it.

Good catch!

3/06/2023 10:58 am  #13

Found an Ooops...
There is no Cleric listed in the Spell casing list.

Players Guide, 208
Inflict Madness
ILL 5, NEC 4  Range: Touch. Dur:

When cast by a cleric or necromancer, this evil curse brings insanity to its victim (human or humanoid). When cast by an illusionist .......

Also, verified that it's not part of the Spell Lists for Cleric (Or Druid)...

Last edited by BlackKnight (3/06/2023 11:03 am)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

3/06/2023 2:15 pm  #14

BlackKnight wrote:

Found an Ooops...

Players Guide, 208
Inflict Madness

When cast by a cleric or necromancer, this evil curse brings insanity to its victim (human or humanoid). When cast by an illusionist .......

Inflict madness is the reverse form of the clerical spell cure madness. It's a weird (I think unique) case.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

3/06/2023 3:34 pm  #15

Blackadder23 wrote:

BlackKnight wrote:

Found an Ooops...

Players Guide, 208
Inflict Madness

Inflict madness is the reverse form of the clerical spell cure madness. It's a weird (I think unique) case.

Exactly. It is an odd case in which a totally different spell functions as the reverse spell from the cleric list. 

3/06/2023 3:36 pm  #16

Blackadder23 wrote:

BlackKnight wrote:

Found an Ooops...

Players Guide, 208
Inflict Madness

Ahh, good catch. Didn't think of that. Probably should have been put in as a single spell, Cure Madness (Reversible) with an additional statement saying that ILL and NEC could only cast the Reverse of Inflict Madness...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

3/07/2023 3:50 pm  #17

BlackKnight wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

BlackKnight wrote:

Found an Ooops...

Players Guide, 208
Inflict Madness

Ahh, good catch. Didn't think of that. Probably should have been put in as a single spell, Cure Madness (Reversible) with an additional statement saying that ILL and NEC could only cast the Reverse of Inflict Madness...

Yes, great point. 

3/07/2023 4:43 pm  #18

Honestly, that would create a unique and weird situation as well (classes not being able to cast the basic form of the spell, only the reverse, which isn't true otherwise).

Probably the least confusing solution, if this must be fixed, would be to make cure madness non-reversible, and just add inflict madness to the cleric spell list - comparable to what was done with light/darkness and heat metal/chill metal. I assume the reversed forms of those spells were separated out to avoid having to say (for example) that the cryomancer could only cast the reversed form of heat metal.

ETA: And even more pertinently to the present case, darkness was separated out so you wouldn't have to say that the necromancer could only cast the reversed form of light.

Last edited by Blackadder23 (3/07/2023 4:47 pm)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

3/09/2023 5:57 pm  #19

Blackadder23 wrote:

Honestly, that would create a unique and weird situation as well (classes not being able to cast the basic form of the spell, only the reverse, which isn't true otherwise).

Probably the least confusing solution, if this must be fixed, would be to make cure madness non-reversible, and just add inflict madness to the cleric spell list - comparable to what was done with light/darkness and heat metal/chill metal. I assume the reversed forms of those spells were separated out to avoid having to say (for example) that the cryomancer could only cast the reversed form of heat metal.

ETA: And even more pertinently to the present case, darkness was separated out so you wouldn't have to say that the necromancer could only cast the reversed form of light.

Great point as well. Indeed, there is utility in certain spells having a reversible form, and certain other spells having a completely different spell function as its reverse. 

3/19/2023 5:32 pm  #20

I noticed while looking at my books that there are a few places where they still use the old item saving throw classification system. In the player's manual, disintegrate on pg. 193 still mentions a Class 5 saving throw. In the Referee's Manual the lesser daemons class viii and ix on pg. 52 mentions Class 2 and Class 5 respectively, while the section on flaming pitch on pg. 294 mentions a Class 10 save.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.