LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out HYPERBOREA 3E now available for pre-order!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/25/2021 8:12 pm  #1

spellbook generator

Let's give this its own thread.

https://www.gizmomathboy.com/spellbook

I have added all spell casting classes and have them working as near as I can tell.

Shamans get the extra fun problem of choosing cleric or druid (ecclesiastical) spell lists *and* magician or necromancer (thaumaturgical).

So, a bit unwieldy form but it works.

No to get my frankenstein app that is the npc party generator in web app form.

Report any problems you find and such.

What? Me worry?

6/26/2021 7:14 am  #2

Re: spellbook generator

Not a problem, but since it resets to "bard" each time, could you display the class the spellbook pertains to as part of the report? E.g., "Spells in Spellbook" -> "Spells in Shaman Spellbook"?

"An idea of great merit! While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past."
Jack Vance, Maske: Thaery

6/26/2021 8:45 am  #3

Indeed an excellent suggestion.

I also realized I should also include the spell lists the shaman is using.

Regarding shamans. Should it be a 50/50 chance for each form of magic when it needs to be chosen randomly?

Should it be 3:4 cleric to 1:4 druid, and 3:4 magician to 1:4 necromancer?

I can see the cleric/druid split being close to even. I'm not so sure about the magician/necromancer split.

Last edited by gizmomathboy (6/26/2021 8:45 am)

What? Me worry?

6/26/2021 4:45 pm  #4

I’d say roughly 2:1 cleric:druid and magician:necromancer.

6/26/2021 6:17 pm  #5

DMPrata wrote:

I’d say roughly 2:1 cleric:druid and magician:necromancer.

I can abide that. Adjusting accordingly.

What? Me worry?

6/26/2021 6:25 pm  #6

and in place and working

What? Me worry?

6/26/2021 8:35 pm  #7

Doesn't appear to be generating content for Ice Lord, Ice Thief, Fire Lord, Fire Thief. https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/errr.png

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

6/26/2021 9:44 pm  #8

Jimm, thanks for catching that.

fire thief/lord was messed up, too.

What? Me worry?

Board footera

“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.