!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2021 8:01 pm  #1

more weather, now Lemurian Remnant

I'm considering adding a location modifier for the Lemurian Remnant.

I think Abbicca's Mere is a good one to copy, at least the temp bump. Not sure about the conditions modifier.

Generally the temperatures won't go below 60F nor above 95F without the temp increase. This way things can get extra hot as needed. Maybe even a +15 temp bonus?

Thoughts?

What? Me worry?

3/16/2021 9:56 am  #2

Re: more weather, now Lemurian Remnant

Because of the weird circumstances of its existence, I believe the Lemurian Remnant should be subject to more violent weather in general, as well as Fortean falls (fish, stones, etc.), temporal distortions, and the like.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

3/16/2021 12:33 pm  #3

Blackadder23 wrote:

Because of the weird circumstances of its existence, I believe the Lemurian Remnant should be subject to more violent weather in general, as well as Fortean falls (fish, stones, etc.), temporal distortions, and the like.

You sir, are a vicious bastard...I like it. The players and poor sots trying to make a living might not :-)

What? Me worry?

3/16/2021 12:34 pm  #4

Wait...weirder weather can definitely happen around/near the obelisks for sure. Less so in the main "body" of the remnant.

Hmmm...

What? Me worry?

3/16/2021 11:27 pm  #5

My understanding is that the entire Remnant has been crammed into a smaller space than it rightfully should occupy. That kind of offense to Nature should have consequences.
One thing I might do is have time move at a slightly different speed in the Remnant, compared to the rest of Hyperborea. Maybe only two days pass in Hyperborea for every five days that pass in the Remnant, or vice versa?

Last edited by Blackadder23 (3/16/2021 11:27 pm)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

3/17/2021 8:53 am  #6

Blackadder23 wrote:

My understanding is that the entire Remnant has been crammed into a smaller space than it rightfully should occupy. That kind of offense to Nature should have consequences.
One thing I might do is have time move at a slightly different speed in the Remnant, compared to the rest of Hyperborea. Maybe only two days pass in Hyperborea for every five days that pass in the Remnant, or vice versa?

Hmmm, that is an interesting idea to have time do weird things.

What? Me worry?

3/17/2021 10:17 am  #7

gizmomathboy wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

You sir, are a vicious bastard...I like it. The players and poor sots trying to make a living might not :-)

Don't listen to BA23! He just wants to kill your players.... err.... their characters, that is. ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/03/2021 10:56 am  #8

More Lemurian Remnant related than weather, but I think I might have some sort of shimmering effect when they cross the "line" that connects the Lemurian pedestals, along with the winds and waves.

Just to add to the weirdness factor.

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.