!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/19/2021 10:53 am  #21

Re: Khromarium maps

Oh, I suppose I can export them to png for you, Caveman. :-)

What? Me worry?

8/20/2021 4:04 am  #22

Cheers, good man!

8/22/2021 4:03 pm  #23

...and I think I got them all created

What? Me worry?

8/23/2021 2:36 am  #24

Great Giz, very helpful.

Helps folks see pictures easier...

8/29/2021 11:16 am  #25

Uploaded some more maps to the dropbox.

The grand crematorium grounds, the crematorium, the dungeon under the crematorium, and the north section of the old graveyards with the locations for secret entrances to the dungeon.

Some of these are huge since I'm mapping at 5' to the square, 4 squares to the inch.

What? Me worry?

8/30/2021 2:57 am  #26

Looking good Giz as usual, but just noticed your Khromarium png does not contain the cemetery mini-map. It does mention it, and can only presume you plan to add later? 

Enjoying the cemetery construct, I know you will not be bothered when I add it to my Khromarium map.

8/30/2021 7:39 am  #27

I was kinda sketching out how big I wanted the "old graveyards" to be.

I think it pere lachaise is about one third of the area I had sketched out.

I didn't have time before the session I used it to fill out the whole thing.

I really only used the "north" section to get the party to the crematorium. I still want to "clean up" my trace a bit.

The good thing is that the place is HUGE and has a variety of structures within it. The one secret entrance is going to be a decent sized mausoleum.

I think anything that anyone comes up for Khromarium gets stolen and used by all of us. That place is HUGE HUGE HUGE. Even if we lay things out differently.

I still need to sort out exactly where the "abandoned manor" I creates for them is. They've explored a few of the sub levels and put that on hold for other things.

I also have this thought the the "main" spires have some sort of influence within Khromarium. The sharp eyed (or pulls out a ruler and compass) might notice the regularish placement of them. Well, not regular but a minimum distance away if at all possible. The really big clue (I think) is the wall/boundary for third ward. My thoughts are that the first 3 spires/wards are the oldest. The other spires/wards came later and tried to not encroach on them.

What? Me worry?

8/31/2021 3:22 am  #28

Yes, well some over exaggeration can be expected; it just a symbol...

Loving the intricacy of your maps.

Oh yeah, Mor Jym the 12th-level Bard, now long dead had buried with him a magical stringed instrument that... (brings madness to those that hear it, brings down walls, charms demons, etc., depend on the notes played).

If spires are created by aliens, they will reverberate a cosmic sound that is pleasing to things best not talked of, but to humans it slowly makes them mad over many decades...

8/31/2021 7:20 am  #29

Caveman wrote:

Yes, well some over exaggeration can be expected; it just a symbol...

Loving the intricacy of your maps.

Oh yeah, Mor Jym the 12th-level Bard, now long dead had buried with him a magical stringed instrument that... (brings madness to those that hear it, brings down walls, charms demons, etc., depend on the notes played).

If spires are created by aliens, they will reverberate a cosmic sound that is pleasing to things best not talked of, but to humans it slowly makes them mad over many decades...

Lol.

Did the Hyperborean sorceror-kings make the spires? I don't think they had the proper magic or technology to do it? I don't think so...it was....ALIENS!

:-)

What? Me worry?

9/02/2021 4:21 am  #30

Yeah, that my theory, Aliens are source of every trouble in the outer dark!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.