!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2021 1:33 pm  #1

new class creation thoughts

Ok, just dumping some thoughts about what little thinking I do (ha!) when thinking about a new class.

XP progression.

Noted this when I was doing my pc_gen app data entry. I think Francisca also clued me in when he was doing some 1e class creation stuff.

Here are the different XP progressions by class, from lowest xp needed to get to 2nd level to highest. Also as a lark, the base hd for each progression. First one listed is for the class. Others listed after are for classes that follow that progression. The "xN" notation to denote more than 1 class with that HD for that progression

thief: d6
assassin: d6x2
fighter: d10, d8x2, d4
cataphract: d10x3
magician: d4x4, d8x2, d12, d6x2
paladin: d10, d6
barbarian: d12, d8x2, d4

Interesting that most of the classes use the magician progression.

Just putting this here as I work through the tinkerer/scavenger/gadgeteer/whatever class in another thread

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.