!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2020 5:04 pm  #1

Turning Undead

If clerics successfully Turn, do they affect 2d6 undead of each affected Type of undead?  Example, 3 Shadow (Type 4)  and 3 groups of 8 Skeletons of Types 3, 2 and 1 respectively face a Cleric of TA 4 who attempts to Turn; rolling a 8 on 1d12.  Results are: none of the Shadows are affected; 2d6 Type 3 are Turned, 2d6 of Type 2 and finally 2d6 Type 1 are Turned.  Is this correct?

4/24/2020 6:32 pm  #2

Re: Turning Undead

The cleric turns 2d6 undead beginning with the lowest level undead. The cleric can choose to focus on one undead say a shadow but runs the risk of turning nothing and you can only turn the single creature focused on. So if a 9 is rolled on the 2d6 the cleric would turn the 8 type 1 skels and one type 2 skel.  Does that make sense? The 2d6 is a total for the entire group regardless of type. Again my interpretation. As a GM I would allow 2d6 to be rolled for each of the different effects. In a mixed group, I would allow a higher level Cleric to Ultimately Destroy a group, Destroy a group, and then Turn some if it worked out that way on the turning chart.That may be too generous for some Referees!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/25/2020 12:52 am  #3

Thank you, that is how I suspected it may work, i need to read again when more awake.

4/25/2020 10:12 am  #4

Thank you, mabon5127.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.