!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2019 3:55 pm  #1

Adding in other classes

New player/ GM  Ive been reading and skimming the forums I was wondering about adding Oriental Adventures to the setting.

Any thoughts?

12/07/2019 8:33 am  #2

Re: Adding in other classes

Welcome aboard!

hawkwing2k5 wrote:

New player/ GM  Ive been reading and skimming the forums I was wondering about adding Oriental Adventures to the setting.

Any thoughts?

Sure! A while back, I had an idea about a group of samurai lost in a snowstorm and mysteriously transported to Hyperborea. You could easily have any OA-type class arrive into Hyperborea under similarly strange conditions, then either use them in an isolated fashion or even have them set up a secret society where they begin training others. My belief is that Hyperborea is ripe for cross-genre gaming. Only real question would be whether to simply re-skin an existing class (change the fluff) or use the existing ones as templates to build something from scratch by mixing/matching abilities and powers. Let us know how it goes!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

12/07/2019 10:29 am  #3

I’d recommend reading Joe Salvador’s Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess for information on the Lemurian Remnant.

12/07/2019 7:41 pm  #4

There was an OSRIC adventure published a few years ago called "The Frozen Wave Satsuma" that would be a perfect hook for such a thing.  And I just found this online:

[link removed - management]

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

12/07/2019 11:34 pm  #5

Satsuma looks still to be under copyright

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/88230/Advanced-Adventures-17-The-Frozen-Wave-Satsuma

We don't want to undermine the work of folks creating content for us.

What? Me worry?

12/08/2019 10:09 am  #6

Wasn't sure about that; just found a link and copied it.  Sorry

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

12/08/2019 10:22 am  #7

Spider of Leng wrote:

Wasn't sure about that; just found a link and copied it.  Sorry

No worries! All good. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

12/09/2019 8:13 am  #8

Incidentally, I did pay for my copy, as I got it in the Advanced Adventures hardcover compilation through Lulu.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.