!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/27/2019 8:39 am  #21

Re: BFGCon 2020

I'm up for weekends or Thursday nights, but I live pretty close.  I've been to Games & Stuff on Sundays several times and it's never been full.  And I've seen the same groups there on a consistent basis so I think some people have standing games on Sundays.  We could certainly check with them in advance to ensure there's nothing like a tournament going on during a specific date. 

And if it's a weekend, I could drive elsewhere if someone has a location and/or could host.  Alas, my studio apartment in Annapolis is too small for such things.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

11/27/2019 8:52 am  #22

Also, Third Eye Games in Annapolis has space for gaming.  Again,Thursday is their "open" night but as I understand it, you can contact them about setting up demos of various games or whatever.  Might be able to do that on a weekend.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

11/27/2019 2:47 pm  #23

Spider of Leng wrote:

Also, Third Eye Games in Annapolis has space for gaming.  Again,Thursday is their "open" night but as I understand it, you can contact them about setting up demos of various games or whatever.  Might be able to do that on a weekend.

I am two hours from either place. I would see this being an episodic one-off on a monthly basis type of thing.  We could roll up characters and do a round robin or some such.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

11/27/2019 8:38 pm  #24

mabon5127 wrote:

Spider of Leng wrote:

I am two hours from either place. I would see this being an episodic one-off on a monthly basis type of thing.  We could roll up characters and do a round robin or some such.

I'd be up for something like that on a Sun, at either place, and happy to do round-robin Refereeing.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

3/05/2020 6:55 pm  #25

Just to bump this!  The Con is coming up on Friday, March 13th!  If you are in Frederick MD, I'm running several games and two have spots open! 

https://BFGCon.com/

Last edited by mabon5127 (3/05/2020 6:56 pm)

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/05/2020 10:00 pm  #26

Alas, I'll be home in Mississippi, but I can vouch that he runs a great game!

3/06/2020 5:19 am  #27

I'll also be out of town, but will likewise vouch for a fun time. And BFGCon is small and well-run.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

3/06/2020 10:44 am  #28

I will be there with my kid and I'll be playing in one of Mabon's games. This is great con and I think out of the 6 slots that I will be playing in only one is 5e. the rest are CoC, ASSH, TFT, and others. It's a great con with a diversity of games.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.