!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2019 8:47 am  #1

Various Reprints

I am partial to the Clark Ashton Smith reprints from Necronomicon Press. They are hard to come by, but worth tracking down. The Book of Hyperborea and Tales of Zothique have stories that are all reprinted in the Collected Fantasies of Clark Ashton Smith series, but I do like being able to carry these stories in bite sized chunks. 

Chaosium has reprinted three volumes of different stories from Clark Ashton Smith, The Book of Eibon, The Tsathoggua Cycle and The Klarkash-Ton Cycle. The first two are all right, but there are a lot of other stories written by people playing around in Clark Ashton Smith’s sandbox. However, the Klarkash-Ton book is all Clark Ashton all of the time. It is very nicely done. 

I’ve also enjoyed the Averoigne Archives ebook.

It is wonderful to have so many books available of his work after it being so hard to find for so long. I would also say that it is wonderful having a game that points back to its source material so well.

Thanks,
VR/Scott

Thanks,
VR/Scott

11/08/2019 7:24 pm  #2

Re: Various Reprints

I have the complete works in the Nightshade collection, but I agree on your point about having small, easily carried around paperbacks.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.