Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!



You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2019 1:35 pm  #1


TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

Hi All,

Just wanted to get the discussions started on this year's upcoming TotalCon. TotalCon's ASSH Event Count has been increasing each year, Last year there were 11 events, this year there should be more, as Hyperborea is really starting to catch on in this region!

I've submitted a bunch of events this year, so likely will not have much of a chance to play. But in any case, I can't wait to hang out with you all...

My Events are a single Module "Problems in Freydisborg" broken into four, 4 hour sessions.
* Part 1: Thursday Night 7-11 pm
* Part 2: Friday Night 7-11 PM
* Part 3: Saturday 12-4 pm
* Part 4: Saturday Night 7-11 pm

I hope some of you can attend, and attendance to all 4 modules are not required, each section will be stand alone, but will be part of a larger module I'm designing.

Looking forward to it already!

For Con information, go to: https://www.totalcon.com

Signups are being done via Tabletop events: https://tabletop.events/conventions/totalcon-34

Bob,

Last edited by BlackKnight (10/04/2019 1:58 pm)


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Role-Playing Games for 45 years.
 

10/04/2019 7:21 pm  #2


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

I’ll be running Chainsaw’s The Lost Treasure of Atlantis all day Thursday and Friday (pending event approval). It’ll be tag-team style, so new players can come and go every four hours. Maybe some brave soul will attempt to complete the whole thing by committing to the full 24 hours.

 

10/07/2019 7:52 pm  #3


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

Just received Notice, All 4 of my events are approved...!!


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Role-Playing Games for 45 years.
     Thread Starter
 

10/07/2019 10:09 pm  #4


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

BlackKnight wrote:

Just received Notice, All 4 of my events are approved...!!

Congrats Man! Have fun!
Still hoping for some West Coast Hyperborea love out here one day!!!


 
 

10/08/2019 8:00 am  #5


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

DMPrata wrote:

I’ll be running Chainsaw’s The Lost Treasure of Atlantis all day Thursday and Friday (pending event approval). It’ll be tag-team style, so new players can come and go every four hours. Maybe some brave soul will attempt to complete the whole thing by committing to the full 24 hours.

Honored and flattered, DMPrata! May Chalak take all of their souls!

BlackKnight wrote:

Just received Notice, All 4 of my events are approved...!!

Nice! You rock.

Iron Ranger wrote:

Still hoping for some West Coast Hyperborea love out here one day!!!

You know what they say, Iron Ranger, be the change you want to see. Start an old school minicon (like 50 people, in the tradition of the old SoCalMiniCon that Cyclopeatron ran in 2010-2012) and run a few AS&SH games as the nucleus. 
 


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

10/08/2019 8:15 am  #6


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

Chainsaw wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Still hoping for some West Coast Hyperborea love out here one day!!!

You know what they say, Iron Ranger, be the change you want to see. Start an old school minicon (like 50 people, in the tradition of the old SoCalMiniCon that Cyclopeatron ran in 2010-2012) and run a few AS&SH games as the nucleus.
 

Already on it!   Can you say AstonishingAngeloCon 2020  ?!?!?! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png


 
 

10/08/2019 8:16 am  #7


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

Iron Ranger wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Still hoping for some West Coast Hyperborea love out here one day!!!

You know what they say, Iron Ranger, be the change you want to see. Start an old school minicon (like 50 people, in the tradition of the old SoCalMiniCon that Cyclopeatron ran in 2010-2012) and run a few AS&SH games as the nucleus.
 

Already on it!   Can you say AstonishingAngeloCon 2020  ?!?!?! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png

Sweet! Keep us posted, you never know who might make it. 


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

10/14/2019 1:01 pm  #8


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

Hoping to see more event submissions for Total Con 2020! Please post here if you are submitting an event or two! 

Also, please list your event in the following format: HYPERBOREA: (your title here)


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
 

10/19/2019 10:11 am  #9


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

DMPrata wrote:

I’ll be running Chainsaw’s The Lost Treasure of Atlantis all day Thursday and Friday (pending event approval). It’ll be tag-team style, so new players can come and go every four hours. Maybe some brave soul will attempt to complete the whole thing by committing to the full 24 hours.

Challenge accepted!

 

10/19/2019 9:57 pm  #10


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

It appears that after a two year hiatus I will be attending this again.

 

10/20/2019 6:43 pm  #11


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

k2h2m3 wrote:

It appears that after a two year hiatus I will be attending this again.

Nice, make sure to get early tickets, the events fill up super fast...


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Role-Playing Games for 45 years.
     Thread Starter
 

10/23/2019 9:23 am  #12


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

I'll be running a couple of games at the con this year!

Thursday 10 am-2 pm The Fortress of the Lost Wolves
Friday 10 am-2 pm The Fortress of the Lost Wolves

The Fortress of the Lost Wolves:  Visited by an aged Kelt Scout, the reavers hear a legend of a once-powerful tribe, their prosperity, and sudden destruction. Payment for taking the elderly scout to see the home of his ancestors is secured.  Dare you sojourn the haunted fort, to recover the long-abandoned treasures? 

Last edited by mabon5127 (10/23/2019 9:25 am)


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

10/23/2019 9:27 am  #13


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

Sounds exciting!


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

10/23/2019 2:24 pm  #14


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

Awesome Mabon, Keep those events Coming...
 


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Role-Playing Games for 45 years.
     Thread Starter
 

10/24/2019 8:45 pm  #15


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

Oh no, too many good events already to choose from!  Gonna be tough this year...

 

10/25/2019 7:17 am  #16


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

WebwayDrifter wrote:

Oh no, too many good events already to choose from! Gonna be tough this year...

The more the better.

Would love to see 2-3 events in each time slot...


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Role-Playing Games for 45 years.
     Thread Starter
 

11/12/2019 3:10 pm  #17


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

Submitted two more!

The Burial Grounds of the Ancient Kings:  In an abandoned Keltic Rath below the altar of Yoon-Deh lies secret burial chambers of a venerable and powerful race.  A legend of a potent curse keeps mundane trespassers away. Will you brave unnatural threats to recover relics and treasures of ancient days?
Thursday 2pm to 6pm
Friday 2pm to 6pm

 


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

11/21/2019 3:02 pm  #18


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

mabon5127 wrote:

Submitted two more!

That's awesome, I just wish they were opposite mine so I could play


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Role-Playing Games for 45 years.
     Thread Starter
 

11/21/2019 4:17 pm  #19


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

BlackKnight wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Submitted two more!

That's awesome, I just wish they were opposite mine so I could play

Ack!  I try to get my gming out when I have more energy!!
 


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

2/06/2020 11:30 am  #20


Re: TotalCon 2020 (Feb 20-23, Marlborough MA)

Time is getting close, Now less than 2 weeks away. Note I still have openings for some of my games. On a second note, there seem to be some issues with the Tabletop.Events site showing that though some events have no tickets taken, they also show no tickets available I notified the Totalcon managers about it. 

Bob


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Role-Playing Games for 45 years.
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera






“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2020 North Wind Adventures, LLC.