!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2019 9:09 pm  #1

New AS&SH video- fighter subclass review

Thanks to a lot of feedback and messages from this community to help get this out.

I’ve actually gotten a lot of 5e players asking about ASSH.

https://youtu.be/SG7y2d9LHIc

9/12/2019 11:13 am  #2

Re: New AS&SH video- fighter subclass review

Great job! I have shared it at our Twitter, Facebook, and MeWe pages. I think you have a great, upbeat delivery, and you make a point to familiarize yourself with each topic (and subtopic) before speaking. Cheers! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

9/12/2019 2:15 pm  #3

RollingWithAdvantage wrote:

Thanks to a lot of feedback and messages from this community to help get this out.

I’ve actually gotten a lot of 5e players asking about ASSH.

https://youtu.be/SG7y2d9LHIc

Good stuff!
I particularly love the Fighter Base Class that has Grand Mastery making them the most skilled of the Fighter types. The Cataphract is a great class with immunity to fear, inc AC in Heavy armor, and HONOR!  The Honor ability is a role-play skill and may get glossed over but has the ability to get the character out of situations that fighting cannot.
I've never had the Paladin or Barbarian in actual play but the rest have all been fun.

Please keep doing these!  The classes are one of the best things about the game from a coolness standpoint and tend to be forgotten behind the world setting.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

9/12/2019 5:36 pm  #4

mabon5127 wrote:

The classes are one of the best things about the game from a coolness standpoint and tend to be forgotten behind the world setting.

Yup: this and the solid old-school rules are why I use AS&SH in my own setting.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.