!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/08/2019 8:17 pm  #1

Minotaurs info needed

Hello all,

I love running Minotaurs in DnD but was curious how they are different in Hyperborea? I saw the entry in the bestiary and there is a tidbit under Minotaurios.

What lore do they pull from in Hyperborea? Any recommendations on reading?

9/09/2019 6:42 am  #2

Re: Minotaurs info needed

There is also the Minotron on p302 that is a bit more info.  I don't see them as being very different on Hyperborea than other sources, yet they do have their own island.  They are very much the greek creature of legend.  I just last Friday finished up an adventure in which I used Female Minotaurs on the Floating Isle of Paradoxon and the Cloud City as allies of the Amazons.  They were guardians of the Queen and classed as berserkers to make them a tad more ferocious!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

9/18/2019 6:22 am  #3

mabon5127 wrote:

I used Female Minotaurs on the Floating Isle of Paradoxon and the Cloud City as allies of the Amazons.  They were guardians of the Queen and classed as berserkers to make them a tad more ferocious!

this is a really fun idea. I may need to use it myself,

9/19/2019 8:18 pm  #4

The Tiled Labyrinth in the Saving Throw zine fundraiser for Kramer has a great way to handle a minotaur labryinth that is a really great mechanic. No "you are confused" at intersections.

What? Me worry?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.