Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2019 2:48 pm  #41


Re: The Cursed Cove

Iron Ranger wrote:

The beach is pristine. Perhaps there are branches or sticks inside the jungle, another 400 yards away. 
Driftwood might have collected in the marsh off to your right...

Heading over to the jungle. It’s closer and it’s going to have leaves.

Emral is going to grab a branch and cover his tracks.

 

4/13/2019 4:36 pm  #42


Re: The Cursed Cove

What does he see in the jungle?

 

4/13/2019 5:12 pm  #43


Re: The Cursed Cove

Cannot see into dense foliage. From this distance it looks impenetrable.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

4/13/2019 6:52 pm  #44


Re: The Cursed Cove

Iron Ranger wrote:

Cannot see into dense foliage. From this distance it looks impenetrable.

Emral goes to it and grabs a branch.  And cautiously, in case of being watched.

 

4/13/2019 7:52 pm  #45


Re: The Cursed Cove

The huge, numerous leaves form a dense wall. Emral grabs a stalk, his fist not even closing around half the circumference.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

4/14/2019 12:27 am  #46


Re: The Cursed Cove

So... all vines?  Okay, then off to the marsh Emral goes.  Cautiously, aware of the potential danger but excited by the adventure.  He laments the loss of his weapons (and spell book?) and hopes to find some suitable replacements soon.  But how could such be found on so remote a place as an island in the seas of lost Hyperborea?!

Last edited by fireinthedust (4/14/2019 12:31 pm)

 

4/14/2019 12:31 pm  #47


Re: The Cursed Cove

Ooc: fixed the last post.

 

4/14/2019 12:36 pm  #48


Re: The Cursed Cove

Emral, empty-handed and in rags, trudges toward the marsh as thirst becomes a gnawing concern. His mind reels with his memorized spells, now fearful of casting them away.

The tide has come in and the marshy swamp is covered in floating seaweed. The tall marsh grasses sway in the wind. All seems natural but - There is a piece of parchment caught between the reeds of the grass 20 yards ahead.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

4/14/2019 10:17 pm  #49


Re: The Cursed Cove

Emral rushes to the parchment and investigates.

 

4/14/2019 10:26 pm  #50


Re: The Cursed Cove

Emral plunges into the incoming seawater. Quickly he's up to his knees in the mud. But he manages to grab the paper.

It's not parchment, it's paper, soaked and torn.

And it's been burned. Charred, scorched. A page from a hymnal, a psalm to Boreas.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

4/15/2019 12:16 pm  #51


Re: The Cursed Cove

Iron Ranger wrote:

Emral plunges into the incoming seawater. Quickly he's up to his knees in the mud. But he manages to grab the paper.

It's not parchment, it's paper, soaked and torn.

And it's been burned. Charred, scorched. A page from a hymnal, a psalm to Boreas.

Emral heads back to dry land, then reads the page.

Anything specific, like an invocation?  Emral is areligious, like Elric was in those books- summoning is one thing but not actual worship of elementals like boreas.

 

4/15/2019 8:56 pm  #52


Re: The Cursed Cove

A simple song, the page is very familiar, you've seen this before....

In the ruined books, in the scorched church from last night's wicked dream!


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

4/16/2019 8:50 am  #53


Re: The Cursed Cove

“That’s... that’s insane. Why would it be here?”

Emral shakes his head. “Coincidence. The sailors from the ship must have had a follower of the north wind, and the page is blown here by the wind.  Odd, I don’t think I paid attention to such hymns, but maybe I overheard the sailors singing just before I woke. It was the end of the dream... that must be it!”

Emral keeps the paper and looks for anything else that blew in on the wind.

 

4/17/2019 11:19 am  #54


Re: The Cursed Cove

Does he see anything else among the reeds?

 

4/17/2019 2:09 pm  #55


Re: The Cursed Cove

No.
But he swears something just brushed along his leg under the water.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

4/17/2019 4:11 pm  #56


Re: The Cursed Cove

Emral leaves the water.

 

4/17/2019 4:32 pm  #57


Re: The Cursed Cove

d12. d6. please
 


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

4/18/2019 10:22 am  #58


Re: The Cursed Cove

d12: 5
d6: 1

ooc:   uuuuuugggghhh, rolling dice ugh rolling dice!

 

4/18/2019 4:32 pm  #59


Re: The Cursed Cove

Emral scrambles back to the beach.
and notices something large has washed up in the cove.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

4/18/2019 6:19 pm  #60


Re: The Cursed Cove

Iron Ranger wrote:

Emral scrambles back to the beach.
and notices something large has washed up in the cove.

Emral goes closer, provided it doesn't look like something that can eat him.

 

Board footera





“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2019 North Wind Adventures, LLC.