!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2019 10:57 am  #41

Re: GADcon and BFGCon

Looks like a good time. How big's the convention?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/17/2019 11:05 am  #42

Chainsaw wrote:

This is the second year. I heard they had around 500 last year and I would guess about double that this year.  They are very well organized and I don't see them going away anytime soon.  What was encouraging is the (relatively) large number of ASSH players in the Balt-Wash area. 

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/17/2019 12:26 pm  #43

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

This is the second year. I heard they had around 500 last year and I would guess about double that this year.  They are very well organized and I don't see them going away anytime soon.  What was encouraging is the (relatively) large number of ASSH players in the Balt-Wash area.

Nice!

3/17/2019 1:22 pm  #44

mabon5127 wrote:

Another great game! Though few in number they were great players!

Look, we all know AS&SH is contagious, but come on BFGCon, quarantine ain't gonna save you!

3/17/2019 1:29 pm  #45

mabon5127 wrote:

Great crew here!  Fantastic players!  I was able to meet many folks from the forums in person! I'll let them ID themselves if they wish.

I'm second from the right in the green shirt.

It was a fantastic game that was full of laughter and great roleplaying. I am so stealing some of Mabon's ideas for my own games.

3/17/2019 1:33 pm  #46

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

I can confirm what Mabon said. I would have put the number last year lower, but I also didn't sit and count noses. This year was unbelievably huge and extremely well organized. I saw kids as young as 10 playing RPGs and families playing boardgames. 

I ran a session of Rats in the Wall and I think it went well. Two people took pictures of the rulebook and said thay plan on buying it which I took as a good sign.

My kid and I are already planning on attending next year.

3/17/2019 1:52 pm  #47

tomas wrote:

It was a fantastic game that was full of laughter and great roleplaying. I am so stealing some of Mabon's ideas for my own games.

Morgan always runs a great game. 

tomas wrote:

I ran a session of Rats in the Wall and I think it went well.

Super! The new version, I assume?

tomas wrote:

My kid and I are already planning on attending next year.

Cool. I can't wait until my son's old enough to tag along and play games.

3/17/2019 3:26 pm  #48

Iron Ranger wrote:

Look, we all know AS&SH is contagious, but come on BFGCon, quarantine ain't gonna save you!

Hahaha! It was the first game slot of the con at 9 am. Not a lot going on except for the Adventure League folks...way away from us!

While in my soul forever

3/18/2019 12:16 am  #49

mabon5127 wrote:

I'm the one in the stylish cap, and my intractable sandestin is on my right. Morgan ran a great game, and the whole conceit of geriatrics sitting around a tavern regaling each other with tales of "Remember when we..." was really clever. I'm sure that was partly the reason for us running away in the last vignette, since fighting seemed like it would have easily led to a TPK.
We'll definitely be back next year, and Tomas, I'm sorry we had to bail on your game on Sat, but work intervened.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

3/18/2019 8:04 am  #50

rhialto wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

I'm the one in the stylish cap, and my intractable sandestin is on my right. Morgan ran a great game, and the whole conceit of geriatrics sitting around a tavern regaling each other with tales of "Remember when we..." was really clever. I'm sure that was partly the reason for us running away in the last vignette, since fighting seemed like it would have easily led to a TPK.
We'll definitely be back next year, and Tomas, I'm sorry we had to bail on your game on Sat, but work intervened.

I had a great time with you folks.  Three players can be challenging for survivability but the interaction is always better!  Thanks for the fun!

While in my soul forever

3/18/2019 12:17 pm  #51

rhialto wrote:

Absolutely not a problem; sadly I am all too familiar with the real world intruding on what little free time I can find.

Are you local to the Frederick area?

3/18/2019 2:24 pm  #52

I'm in the larger group picture, to the right of Morgan in the red Caps hoodie. Great times the other night! Ptarmagin Nights was awesome. Morgan runs a great game and the props were boss! 

3/18/2019 6:01 pm  #53

mabon5127 wrote:

I had a great time with you folks.  Three players can be challenging for survivability but the interaction is always better!  Thanks for the fun!

Thank you for such a well-run con game: next level, for sure.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."

3/18/2019 6:03 pm  #54

tomas wrote:

rhialto wrote:

Absolutely not a problem; sadly I am all too familiar with the real world intruding on what little free time I can find.

Are you local to the Frederick area?

Local-ish: an hour south, near Winchester.

3/19/2019 9:56 am  #55

Druvas wrote:

I'm in the larger group picture, to the right of Morgan in the red Caps hoodie. Great times the other night! Ptarmagin Nights was awesome. Morgan runs a great game and the props were boss! 

Did Shiv, standing next to you, tell you folx that he was the only survivor of the game I ran at GaryCon? When everyone else's body fat incandesced, he kept his head, saved the secretary, and fooled the astral peacocks. Man knows how to roll!

3/19/2019 11:31 am  #56

Shiv is a smart player!

While in my soul forever

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.